iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What is the difference? I only noticed that the 30 second wait was removed...

2. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Anyone able to see the AP/CP cost when u touch a tile? Understand this number is shown on the tile. But finger kind of blocking it

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Keep your finger held down but move it away from the square and you can see the cost.

Not sure I mean I only had a few seconds wait before the update but that's gone to nothing now just seems like it spends less time standing still when it's the genestealers turn, and I'm sure the terminators look better?

4. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Thanks!
    I discovered something, not sure if its a bug or me simply got it wrong.
    I click move n fire button, click on the door (which tile it is on is highlighted now), and move my terminator one tile forward. It did not fire on the door, simply moved forward.
    I click undo. Repeat exact same steps, this time it did fire and move.

Tried few times having this issue. At tutorial mission cutoff .

5. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

Could someone remind me of the rules for sealing gene stealer entry points? I think it just needs a terminator to stand within 6 squares. I've been doing that (pre-latest patch) and they keep coming regardless.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    From the rules.

7. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    So you can seal them in any mission, permanently? I think the game didn't tell me this (finished the campaign).

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Erm I'm not sure about that, that quote is from the board game rules.

9. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Can unused AP be used for auto unjam during the GS turn?
    In some turns some of my SM have unused AP, but I can't confirm as I also have CP left

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes...when I can I leave AP just for that.
    They even say something when they unjam the weapon.

11. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Are you sure? AP were never used in my games for overwatch unjamming, only CP.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hmmmm TBH I never checked what was actually used.
    Will investigate :)

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well the rules say use 1AP or you can use CP, but I'm sure I've had occasions where I've put a guy on overwatch who had four AP leaving two and when his gun jammed it said using CP, I'd have to test it out properly.
    It's probably right from all the other things they've done right but you never know :confused:

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Despite the lack of proper push notifications, the multiplayer is absolutely PHENOMENAL.

Despite appearances, the game is really really variated, the various missions pose each one a different tactical problem.

Awesome.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep loving the multiplayer (push notification will be a big help) but it's a totally different game playing from the genestealers point of view, for a start there weak stupid things dying so fast but they make up for it with numbers and when you finally get up close and kill a terminator it's the same satisfaction you get from winning as the terminators.
    When we get some stats (hopefully in an update) I can see me playing this online quite a lot and I want to keep track of my games played wins/loses.

So it cost me £15 for the base game plus all three extra campaign expansions, unbelievable as I would have happily dropped £40 for this if it had of been on the 360.

I really hope this is selling well so that they keep supporting it with new missions and marine chapters.

16. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Hopefully they didn't lose too many players based on the previous version, and that people try it again. *fingers crossed*

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Thanks pitta, power gamer, oXmonkey

Will try one of the tutorials to confirm if AP can be used instead of CP when unjam during GS turn

Anyone has encounter move and shoot on door issue?; SM never shoot, only move

18. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Bought the expansion IAPs for Space Hulk. These are brutal. In the first mission to flame three rooms before going to the extraction point, my entire squad was wiped out shortly after flaming my first room.

This game needs more expansions and also the option to just pick missions instead of being stuck on one forever...

19. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Update: yup, it's me getting it wrong. Sorry guys
    I realize once u click fire and move action, and select door and move, if the fire is missed, you do not have to click the fire n move button again. Subsequent move will still fire on door. There's a icon on top of door to indicate that.

Now for the AP unjam test :)

Oh: the single lane corridor thing really needs some serious planning on which guys front back.. Never played a game with narrow spaces.. Really nice!

20. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks. SOLD.