iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

I can confirm I'm seeing some of those bugs. The 30 seconds delay, ghost stealers and undo vanishing (usually after a finger slip). I also think there's a bug in AP usage for moving several steps in one action. It uses more AP to combine a turn with a diagonal step in one go compared to doing the move and then the turn separately.

2. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Bug

The Librarian, I put him on hold, then I decided to undo. He undid, but 2 AP were lost. Then I put him on hold again which cost 2 CP. But during the Genestealer turn, he didn't shoot any enemies that were approaching him in a direct line. His weapon was not jammed.

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Did you put him on Overwatch or Guard? If you put him on Guard he will not shoot but he will be better in close combat for that turn.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For your information, according to a dev post on PT, almost everything has been already fixed (no save, long stall, no MP...it was the same cause for everything).
    They are trying to reduce memory footprint for lower end devices before applying for a hot fix before the lockdown (they will do nonetheless if reducing the footprint takes too long).

5. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, important to know this...else I'm not sure it's a bug

6. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Ah yeah, I forgot to add the WASD...the coder already changed it for the next patch.

See this link for more info on the banners:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/242570/discussions/0/864976115671209310/

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #307 oooooomonkey, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Just posting the info from the link here to make it easier.
    Good to know this but maybe it should have been explained in the game, I haven't even finished normal (about half way, I'm upto the mission where you need to resurrect the falling men) but looks like I'm moving on to hard to try and get some banner upgrades for the emperor!

8. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Excelent game the best Hotseat on Appstore !!!

9. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
  10. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I would like an option to just let me play any mission I want, instead of unlocking them in sequence.

11. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Discussing opening up for mission in MP so people can play whatever level they like from the get go. Not sure if that's part of hotfix though

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    From the multiplayer ice played if you choose random missin it picks from any regardless of if you've to them unlocked or not

13. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I would like that in single player. The boardgame doesn't enforce the unlocking of missions. You just play whichever looks good.

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    True, but video game players usually expect some kind of progression, and in a single player campaign, it makes sense to have to play them in order first. Then you can go back and replay whatever mission you want anyway.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I can see both sides here, on one side it's supposed to be a pretty close digital conversion of the board game but on the other it's still a game,
    Personally I like the progression of having to finish one before the next but I guess if people are buying the game and want to pick and choose surely it's up to the paying customer.
    If they do open them up if like some kind of check Mark on the ones we'd finished to know what you'd completed (;) stats)

16. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Completed Mission 2: Exterminate.

I highly recommend watching SplatterCatGaming's Let's Play Space Hulk [2013] if you are overwhelmed by the game.

iPadCounted30secondsPauseAfterGenestealer'sTurn...

17. MrKershaEsq

MrKershaEsq Member

Dec 6, 2013
    How does this game compare to Warhammer Quest? I'm quite enjoying this one and curious as to how they compare.

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Totally different games, WQ has character progression and equipment etc where this is very slow turn based strategy with set characters! personally I like this better as it's very close to the board game. Warhammer quest is great as a video game adaptation of WQ but this is a brilliant digital version of the board game.
    If your after a video game go with quest if your after a board game play this.

19. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Totally different kind of game.

I have both and I prefer Space Hulk, partly because of the fluff and also because of the gameplay.

Space Hulk is about speed and covering your angles and praying to the Emperor.

Warhammer Quest is an RPG boardgame which you play to level up your heroes. Nothing is carried forward to the next mission in Space Hulk, which is what I prefer.

However, Space Hulk is currently buggy. The app will just wait for 30 seconds after the AI has played its turn, before allowing the player to resume playing. Something wrong with the savegame system, so you have to complete each level at one go. Also currently too dark, so I really have to boost the brightness on my Retina iPad Mini to see it clearly in order to play. Also encountering sporadic spontaneous reboots of my iPad when playing Space Hulk.

20. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #320 MrMojoRisin, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    I sort of agree with that assessment, but I think it more depends on what genre you are into. SH is a great "Aliens" type sci-fi game, where you are in narrow hallways and the rooms that they connect shooting aliens that are stalking you, where WQ is a fantasy dungeon crawl with more open environments and more straightforward combat tactics.

But they both feel very much like the board games they are based on.