iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    There should be an option to view top down as a tactical map, unless it never made the iOS version.

2. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I am currently using Ipad 4 on IOS 6.1.3......the loading time is about 30 seconds per turn and the command/ action screen disappear during the loading time (which occur after genestealers turn). No undo button (grey out) and the dice roll is very unfavourable....no more than 2 command points per turn during the whole mission (even after re rolling) and it took me 4 action points to kill a genestealer (once)......and literally hordes of genestealers popup from one blip (3-4). I know that those processes are supposed to be randomised, but it looks like all odds are against me, although I manage to complete the mission after long load times. I am playing the first campaign mission on normal difficulty.

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I know this won't ease people problems with the game at all but....given that my empirical solution still works perfectly for me I was able to continue playing.

Just put a solid 2 hours in the game, midway into the main campaign.

All I can say it's...WOW.
    I'm immensely enjoying this....some maps are really brain melting...many tough choices to make, because you do not have the time (or the AP) to place everyone in overwatch at every junction.
    Sometimes...you just have to sacrifice a Terminator for the glory of the Emperor.

So good, can't wait till they patch properly multiplayer...I can see myself playing this a ton even after completing the campaigns.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There is a button to view a 2D map, very sparse looking, and I don't think the game can be played on it, only a map.

5. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #285 Ajso, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    iPad Crashes, Bugs and other issues for Space Hulk

Despite having played through the whole game on both iPad mini and iPad2 and higher without crashing we're getting a lot of reports on crashes on minis and 2's and issues with saving, connection error in MP and lag when ending unit with Genestealers.

We're right now working on fixing all issues reported and will try to get a new version out ASAP, but can be delayed if Apple won't let us Hot Fix.

So far I have these issues on my list, please add if you have other bugs.

- Double usage of Ammo for flamer and AC (results in losses in some maps as well)
    - If the Assault Cannon is destroyed the sound stays around for the whole level.
    - Cannot save/load games.
    - Undo button bugged
    -Shop/achievements button not working for some
    - long lag when click end unit for Genestealers
    - Connection error in Multiplayer
    - Door bugged in defilement of honor 4th mission
    - Turn counter not working properly in SoH
    - Game difficulty resets to Easy in some instances
    - Ghost Genestealers (not dissapearing when killed and stays there until you walk on their tile)
    -- Sound missing for some
    - invisible cursor (not just in the main menu
    - Freezes in hotseat, when deploying GS
    - Error in Manual (referring to WASD)

I will update this list along the way and run though all the posts before to see if I find something new.

6. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Good to see dev here.. Steam forum posters kinda aggre and def?
    IMO, dun rush the update, I believe those who like or been anticipating this game wun mind waiting for a more comprehensive/ well tested update. Thanks!

7. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Which language version are you playing?

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    If I remember right he's playing Italian.

9. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thanks, will check it and see if it should be changed :)

10. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I really want to play but scared with bug list, especially with 30 sec delays :(

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    If it helps I'm on iPad4 and don't have any of the mentioned issues :D

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does anybody have any links to pictures of the IAP Genestealer skins? I wonder what they look like as the ones included in the base game look good to me already...

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Italian.
    The description imply I have to first FIND an O.C.A. (which is the translation, now I got it, of C.A.T. in Italian...but better leave it at CAT because it's so during the gameplay), then bring it somewhere.
    I understood with a rapid pan of the map which was the ending point, but I didn't realized I already HAD it.
    I can provide a better text for the italian translation if you want.
    The other translated text is pretty good so far, but since the 'incident' and I switched to English.

Dozens of Terminators lives were wasted due to that.
    I do not know how the Italian translator can even sleep knowing that :p

14. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
  15. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Will change it :) Thanks for clearing it up, it must have slipped though the gap..hopefully there's not all that much more, but feel free to say if you spot anything majorly disturbing.

16. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Are people really paying for that? No offense, but I can't believe that reskinning the 'stealers consumed all than many resources. But I guess it makes financial sense to try to get as much money for as little effort as possible.

And please don't take that as a slam on the game as a whole. I think what you have done is pretty awesome. :)

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The skin packs are the only thing I couldn't bring my self to buy, £3 for some new skins when the default skins are what I'd call proper genestealers anyway.
    I suppose they're there for anyone who wants them, I can see if I collected genestealers miniatures and one of the packs was my army paint scheme then I'd buy them in a flash.
    Saying that I'll buy new terminators packs whenever they release them, and new campaigns.
    Or any other expansions they see fit to release,

18. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Hey Ajso, not sure on how to unlock the various elements of banner customisation, I'm halfway through the campaign and most of the options are still locked. Is this a bug or is there a specific way to unlock banner upgrades. If so could you fill me in on how they unlock, thanks.

Also when you patch the game a small issue that you may want to change is in the manual section some of the controls are still explained for the PC control scheme, (WASD and mouse etc.).

19. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    As it already has been told, if specific skin packs will be automatically implied in different campaigns, it would add to game athmosphere as this skins are from different hive fleets. I'd love to have this option.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yes I've already agreed to this too, if they randomly assigned one from the ones you own at the start of a mission even I'd buy them then.