iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I think you can only use the undo button once per turn, can't confirm it though as I don't use it :D

2. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    How is this game on ipad mini 2?
    I am in doubt about the Air or Mini 2!!

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    It has no limits on use and is great for when you move accidently.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I have to check better, will do tonight, but I'm pretty sure I saw mine grayed out too.
    I *THOUGHT* it was because it was AFTER actions that required dice rolls, but maybe I'm wrong.

5. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    I'm playing on the mini 2, it's pretty flawless so far. The shoulder cam works fine and it looks pretty. Performance wise it seems fine, I've had no crashes and it all moves along quite nicely. Some of the buttons and writing are a little small but I have big hands and never really struggle to press what I mean to.

6. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Thanks!!!

:)

7. fathertaylor

fathertaylor New Member

Oct 13, 2013
    This is a great game. I already had the steam version and just bought the iPad version. I'm impressed with how faithfull the port is to the PC version. I am biased though since I also like the boardgame and am glad they were so faithfull to it.

My only complaint is how tapping causes your marine to move right away. I'm struggling to get into the habit of holding the square.

I'd also like an option to have the genestealer skin randomly chosen at the start of a mission. Another option might be to choose the skin on the mission screen. Either would be an improvement for me, since I have all the skins but seldom change them because I have to go back to the option screen.

I also want to thank whoever decided to make the DLC/IAP a one time purchase for all the versions I own. It was a wonderful thing to sync my iPad to the cloud and have all my steam DLC activated. It makes my decision to support the developer and buy extra content so much easier.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm probably the only one, but I quite like the interface, especially the 'hold your finger' thing.
    If you move from the desired position and come back, you cancel the move (red cross).
    While you move your finger, you can actually see in the bottom part the AP used (flashing, both Terminator and Command ones)....very clever imho.
    Now that I learnt what every icon does..mouseover tooltips (an HERESY on a touch device) ar not a problem anymore too.

What I really wish, besides the obvious bug squashing and a iPhone version, are proper notifications and GameCenter friends invites.
    And a button to press when I'm playing SP and receive a MP notification...to jump directly in the MP game to take my turn.

9. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    That happened to me, too. But it was greyed out from the outset. I thought it might be because I was playing it on hard but when I rebooted it was usable.

I can confirm I've used it multiple times in a level.

10. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Oh well this will have to wait till Monday fir me :(( when the new iPad air turns up thank god i went for the 128 version lol

11. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Before I updated to 1.3.1 I have very quick load times. After though I'm seeing significant load times, i wish I would have waited.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Right after playing some more and after reading everyone's comments about it pausing, I hadn't even noticed it before but yes in between you pressing end turn and the enemy's moving there's a pause with a spinning wheel where the AI is thinking and it can be anywhere between 1-5seconds. Nothing major and I hadn't even noticed it until I read everyone saying the game was freezing.

Just manged to do suicide mission withouth losing anyone :D

Also anyone know how to unlock the banner customization as all I can do is choice between two pole heads and a few boarders all the rest are locked.

13. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm guessing it will unlock as missions progress.

AI thinking time is no beef for me but when the UI vanishes for 10-15 seconds with no feedback it is not good: I think that is what people are talking about with the pause between turns.

Once I practiced good ipad memory hygiene it went away on my way iPad Air.

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm I don't have the ui disappearing just the pause with the spinning circle so it might still be a problem for people using the air. ?

I just checked out the achievements and there's none for the extra campaigns?

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I've two annoying bugs that I would really like to see addressed.

First: can't load a saved game.
    Second: I always get a 'server error' when using genestealers in multiplayer when I want to end a blip move even if I have ap remaining.
    It returns to main screen...if I re-enter I can continue.
    The only way to avoid this is to deplete the ap no matter what before going to use another blip.

16. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Email just sent to [email protected]

Hi,

I can't seem to find a support link or forum on your Space Hulk website, so emailing the only contact I can find there.

The UK AppStore entry for Space Hulk (and, I suspect, other country AppStores) is gaining an increasing number of 1 and 2 star reviews detailing consistent crash to Home Screen problems with Space Hulk on iPad 2 and iPad Mini.

For myself, I see increasingly frequent crash problems for Space Hulk on my iPad Mini as the mission progress past the tutorial, sometime several times in a single turn.

What makes the problem worse is 'end turn' auto-save and game save options do not work in Normal difficulty and a single crash in the mission will lose all mission progress effectively stalling the entire game for affected players, about 3 or 4 missions into the included campaign.

Every crash to Home Screen produces a 'Low memory' entry in the iPad's Diagnostics and Usage log, similar to that still seen with XCOM Enemy Unknown.

I'm using a 1st generation iPad Mini running the latest iOS. I'd already performed the post-install clear out of apps in multitasking and hard reset that so many of the more recent, larger apps seem to require so, running on a completely clean slate.

Happy to provide crash logs. I just need to know where to send them to. Eager to help and see this otherwise amazing port properly up on its feet. Let me know how I can assist.

Thanks!

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This did not end well for Calistarius :(

Attached Files:

18. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
  19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Damn!!!

I'm literally RAGING.
    After a really intense and awesome 40 minutes, I lost all my terminators in the last turns due to a damn bug (undo didn't work and I pressed in error a button sending the heavy guard in the middle of a hive, opening my flank to devastation.).
    Mission failed when I just had 3 genestealers to kill and all squad alive.

The game is really awesome but there are some really infuriating quirks like unreliable undo button, saves don't work, server errors, end turn takes ages....
    I really hope they'll patch all this, because when it works properly it's a great game.
    And I really hope they will be very fast, because a flod of 1 star review could condemn the game to oblivion.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I think the bad reviews this gets are from people who don't appreciate that fact we are playing Space Hulk on our iPads!!! Space hulk yes THE space hulk from when I was younger. The very same game but without the need for a friend to play it with and without the hassle of setting everything up and learning the rules and etc etc.
    I'm still amazed by this fact and thought that I'd probably never play space hulk again in my life. I've always loved the 40k universe but because of the amount of rules and time it takes to play and the fact you need someone else who knows all this too, I've mostly just painted the miniatures (not for a few years now though)
    I grab at any chance I can to play gamesworkshop stuff and have the warhammer games and bloodbowl on 360, even got my box set of dawn of war somewhere in the cupboard (not that I have a pc to play it on anymore) so for me this is a perfect game as I didn't want a new take on space hulk I wanted this, space hulk the board game.
    Think I've expressed my love for both this and the brand enough now I'll be quiet ;)