Space Haven, the PC/Mobile game inspired by Rimworld, FTL and original X-COM.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdmiralGeezer, Oct 5, 2016.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Can't believe this one slipped under my nose... loved all your other games and this one looks like it'll continue that trend with flying colors.

2. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We've been working on creating a hyperspace jump the past few days. Showing you the first versions of it here with some screenshots. We really feel that many interesting and never before seen things could happen in hyperspace, so we would like to get your ideas on what could happen there!

Also, if you are hungry to see some video footage head on over here:
    http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=268

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm hungry!

4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Any more news?

5. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    I never usually comment in the game threads I'm mostly lingering but thought I would for this.

Will there be any RPG elements?
    Planets to explore ?
    Or open world ?

Either way this looks so cool. What exactly is the game ? Adventure ?

Thanks in advance

6. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I got one!

Maybe an advanced race of civilized aliens could try an hijack your ship, but right before that, you have irritable bowel syndrom an run to the toilet. That way you have two suprise attacks!

7. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016

I've been rather curious about those things also. I've never been able to control/use vehicles of any type in games, for various reasons. Which is quite frustrating, with the way most all space games are these days. I'm a very big fan of open world games, and being able to explore stuff at my own pace. Due to the fact that I have no depth perception, I'm unable to drive, thus making it hard to get out and around without relying on someone else. The closest I can come, is being able to explore places in video games, in particular large open world games, at my own pace. With the popularity of them growing larger each day, being able to immerse myself and explore places, my options have become so much better these days. So now whenever I see something new pertaining to them, I make sure to check things out, quickly.

8. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Suggestions:
    You could have different class characters
    One could be an engineer another could be the
    Captain, and so on.

On one of the jumps through hyperspace, there could be a melt down with the ships reactor core and you have to land on a hostile planet and gather supplies whilst the engineer fixes the ship.

You could also drop a team off on a distant planet.

There could be a transmission from a derelict ship and be able to scavenge from the ships supplies.

Maybe something along the lines of the sims or star command and ship management.

Maybe some sort of Stargate theme :D

Just some suggestions but either way, I will be buying this game.

9. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    #29 AdmiralGeezer, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Greetings, Commanders! Sorry for being so quiet for a little while but we've been working super hard to get the game forward here before Christmas. And boy! It has gone forward quite a lot. One of the things we have made the past month or so is a character creation system, that allows us now to have different looking male and female characters. Once I saw these for the first time it immediately brought me back to those old-school Indiana Jones pixel art games, I love them and our graphic artist is one hell of an artist.
    [​IMG]
    We have more facilities now, here is how a ready built ship is looking at the moment.
    [​IMG]
    Grow beds! Perfect conditions to grow potatoes in these. We are becoming more and more excited each day we see the game come alive.

If everything goes well we should have the game ready to be played towards the end of next year, but please don't be mad if we can't make it. We try our best and we want to create a game that truly outshine everything we have made so far, we want it to be in a fairly good shape once you get your hands on it!

Have some ideas of features pop into your mind when you look at the screenshots? Let us know in the comments below!

Answering some questions from you:

Will there be any RPG elements?

Yes, we will aim to create a game where the characters have their own skills and special traits. We really want to tell the story much through what the characters do, and what happens to them!

Planets to explore ?

A galaxy to explore, space ship wrecks, asteroid fields, and more. Making planets as in that you would be able to land on a planet and do something requires much more time, but that is something that could happen if the game takes off.

Or open world ?

Randomly generated world. Random encounters with other groups, which may or may not help / try to kill you. You can hail them and negotiate, trade, board their ship, try to capture their ship :)

Either way this looks so cool. What exactly is the game ? Adventure ?

Space Haven is a space ship colony building game, where the individual characters, the random encounters and space exploration tell a unique story each time you play a new game. The game is inspired by such greats as Rimworld, Faster Than Light, and the original X-COM. We will focus on creating a game that makes you laugh, wonder, and live the story together with the space ship crew escaping Earth.

Think Battlestar Galactica where you get to build those ships to a pretty nice degree.

Maybe an advanced race of civilized aliens could try an hijack your ship, but right before that, you have irritable bowel syndrom an run to the toilet. That way you have two suprise attacks!

The game has a toilet that you can build. The toilet functions as a module that creates fertilizer from the waste of your crew. You need that to grow great potatoes in the grow beds :) It's all about recycling in space!

Tile-based gas system

This is something I want to give a special mention to. We have it in the game and it's quite fun to look at! It's a tile-based gas system that simulates oxygen, CO2, smoke, heat levels and more aboard the space ship.

You have to build the right modules to keep these gasses in check. Building an ore smelter will cause a lot of heat. So that heat has to be removed somehow.

Can't wait to get working hard again beginning of next year :) Now it's time for a short Christmas vacation. Merry Christmas and if you haven't signed up be sure to do so below the screenshots in the forums!
    http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=281

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy wow... this is shaping up to be everything we hoped we'd get in Star Citizen!

Awesome stuff guys, and I love the art style.

Will it fit into the larger mythos of the Battlestation/Battlevoid series? And do you have any plans for diplomacy systems?

11. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    This will be its own separate entity, so it will not be related to the Battlevoid series. Back from Christmas vacation and back in business!

12. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    #32 AdmiralGeezer, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    [​IMG]
    It was a particularly calm evening. We had traveled long and far, into unknown territories. I stood in front of the window looking out into the space. Gregory was sleeping and Leonora was just done peeing in the engine room toilet.
    [​IMG]
    Our scanners suddenly spotted an unknown vessel right in front of us. We tried to hail but to no avail. We were running low on food and precious metals, this vessel could give us what we needed to survive. I made the decision, we would head out and explore the ship.
    [​IMG]
    I gathered my crew and we prepared the transport pod. There was tension in the air, what would be waiting for us at the other ship? Would the ship be intact with oxygen and other gas levels in check? There was no time hesitate.
    [​IMG]
    We arrived. We checked the gas levels immediately upon arriving and found them to be in order. There was a damp smell in the air, however. We took careful steps with all the confidence we could muster, opening each door ready to defend ourselves.
    [​IMG]
    All clear! No threat this time. The core of the ship was a bit damaged though. Luckily Jalen managed to fix it, we could essentially take this ship with us now!
    [​IMG]
    We decided to leave it behind though. The ship would need many crew members to operate and we just don't have enough to space. We left Jalen behind to carry all the disposable resources to our transport pod. We had to make many trips to get everything with us.
    [​IMG]
    Birds eye view of us transporting resources to our main ship.
    [​IMG]
    Before leaving for another sector, we noticed some odd readings regarding our hull. We decided to head out in space suits and investigate.
    [​IMG]
    The hull looks intact Gregory, but I have a terrible itch down there. Yeah, you know where. I'm unable to scratch it. I'm dying here, can we go back inside?
    [​IMG]
    As a bonus picture, here is our electricity system. Electricity is distributed to the whole ship using electricity nodes, transferring electricity from the ship core.

Interested? Be sure to sign up to our mailing list to stay in the loop and have a possible shot at Alpha testing: http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=216

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Does he get to scratch the itch???

14. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Oh yes! The relief was huuuge!

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Finally got to read through this thoroughly... really cool post to give us an idea about the way encounters work... seems so deep already.

Thanks Geez!

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Will this work on devices with 1gb RAM?

17. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Yes, we believe it will!

18. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Will it run on iPhone and iPad? Any idea on potential release time-frame?

19. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    That is our goal. We cannot say 100% yet which devices will be supported, but we will announce that later!
    The same goes for the release date, cannot say 100% when, but we have a goal to try to release towards end of this year.

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Will there b beta