iPhone Space Harvest II (by All-Seeing Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 28, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Jeez, I suck at RTS games lol The tutorial is a little slow, but it's not a big issue because you've left the first few missions unlocked so the user can decide the pace.

2. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

That's how it's intended to work – are you seeing something different? I've just done a quick test and it seems to be working for me – off-screen harvesters are not selected when I double tap one that's on the screen. If you don't mind, it would be very helpful to have instructions for reproducing this problem, if you can make it happen reliably.

Note that it's also possible to tweak your selection after you've made it, though I'm afraid this this isn't explained anywhere, and it's a bit clunky if you have a lot of units selected:

Tapping units in the box that appears top right when you select things lets you create a 'sub selection'. Double tap the unit buttons to sub-select all units of the same type. You can then give just those units orders, or tap the deselect button to unselect those units and leave the others selected.

3. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

:)

I agree the tutorial is a bit slow. Right up until the release, I was wondering whether to leave it in the game or not.

I think for players new to the genre, it's helpful to have a slower start. Also, the tutorial teaches you the different ways to select things, which is something a few people found difficult with the first game (plus some other touch-based RTS games use a completely different multi-touch based system for creating selection boxes).

Anyway, I might revisit the tutorial in future, it certainly needs something to make it more exciting.

4. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Used 4WP46NNMTPFK, thanks.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    All redeemed.

6. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

R9L799TF6MNK
    4TY6P49EHKET
    6EWJLH9X7JE7
    3TJLTFPF76NY
    9MXY46XKYFFM

Happy Independence Day, for those of you in the US!

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah, promo code galore... =o/

I loved the first one. In fact it's still on my phone (in my folder of games hoping for iPhone 5 support...), but unfortunately I don't have an iPad, so a code would be useless for me.

I saw that if you get enough interest in universal support/ iPhone versions, and I just wanted to throw my vote for it into the hat... =oP

Hope more people get into this... I'm sure it's a great RTS title... The first one is. =oD

8. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Redeemed 9MXY46XKYFFM
    Thanks very much

9. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

Apple give you a hundred for each version you release – I figured I might as well use them. ;)

Yeah, sorry about that – it's been five years come the end of this month since I last updated it (though in my defence I did start working on the sequel in August 2010).

I'd like to do an update to the first game – adding the obvious stuff like support for newer phones, Game Center etc, plus fixing the broken texture sampling on iPad and redoing the graphics that look really bad. I hope I can get around to it soon.

Ok, consider your vote counted.

Thanks so much, it's nice to know that people like my games. :)

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much!!
    R9L799TF6MNK

11. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    All codes have been redeemed.

12. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Hello, I was one of the lucky ones who got fast enough to a promo code.

I played the game and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of work that went into setting the mood (intro movie).
    The art style and humorous speech icons ooze charm.

The game plays like the old Command and Conquer games, you build a base and try to take over the map. Mushrooms take the place of tiberium as resource to gather.
    I didn't get in very far yet, but the actual gameplay does not stray far from classic RTS. The first level as a sort of stadium with scoreboard does carry the strong emphasis on charm along.

I wasn't very impressed with the level of AI (but there may be harder modes?), and by times the mellow colors troubled me in seeing which units were mine.
    Overall this looks like a good choice for someone with a C&C craving in an original story.

13. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    Bought this earlier, excellent little game indeed!

14. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

Here are some more:

YFHJ497JLMJT
    XF4X7HHLTN9K
    TR3JRNAXXKHW
    W4YE46L9PENT
    X6XXH44AER4M

15. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

Don't judge the game by the first level – I promise it gets a lot more difficult. :)

Noted, a few people have mentioned this as being an issue. I will try to address this in a future update.

16. willburn

willburn New Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Snagged XF4X7HHLTN9K. Thank you very much :)

17. pokeb

pokeb Well-Known Member

Have done so, here are some more for anyone who wants one:

AM9EYPEAW6WM
    K47A6PFY3Y6Y
    RA9EJYMJFLR7
    T3YT9E4FWRX9
    AN7ARXYJ3FAE

18. Sickofit1928

Sickofit1928 Member

Mar 31, 2014
    I used AM9EYPEAW6WM Thank you!

19. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Overlooked gem in the App Store. Hope it gets some love...

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i need this one on my iPhone.