Universal Space Grunts (by Pascal Bestebroer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    You evil dev,you

2. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

:D zombie's weren't in the game, until I noticed the early testers (on PC) all shoot the NPC characters after doing a trade.. figured this was a fun way to teach them a lesson ;)

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Playing on a 6+. I've had a few issues with the dpad seemingly not registering my taps (maybe they were left and/or up taps, in which case it sounds like you're already on it). I haven't played a ton but making the dpad more responsive generally would be cool. It may be a touch area issue.

Are the controls meant to be work without removing your finger from the screen? In other words, is dpad movement 'slideable' or should it only register discrete taps?

Hope this doesn't sound like the controls right now are unresponsive or bad. I think they could just use a little tweaking. Great game, by the by. Keep up the good work!

4. orangepascal

they are slide-able, altho I personally use "tap and hold + release" the direction one by one
    but yeah, working on tweaking them a little.. altho getting them perfect for everyone is impossible :)

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Ok, now iTunes shows me Space Grunts! But it's not in "best new games" (italian) list, meh. :rolleyes:

6. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Great game, but I can't get used to the controls.

7. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I never shot them on purpose.and got killed by them like four times already. Guess you need to be careful with explosions....

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's in the Spanish App Store's "best new games" :)

Attached Files:

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Spanish people do it better! :D

10. pixeldunce

pixeldunce Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    So is this game permadeath? Do upgrades persist when you die?

11. allister5

allister5 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Hey guys, can anyone help explain the monster/health/damage/weapon mechanic?

Why does it take different number of hits from the same weapon to the same creature sometimes? Does shooting distance matter? That said, I've also tried shooting from the same distance yet sometimes needing more/less hits to kill them, even though the hit values are displaying the same...

12. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    My suggest,

-At the first time i play few games i thought the dpad was really bug me because of size, and also the located position. after changing the location of dpad and playing many more times i got used to it and size is ok. I think however it is good to consider more transparency control? Because dpad is sometimes block some enemy or worse weird flame! Then i suddenly instadie. I use ipad mini 2.

-Ah not related to controls but many times i open door i get shot by some enemy same turn so it is unavoidable, not criticism but maybe you like to know if this event is intentional^^

-Techjunky is really cool character! Usually this type character is more difficult to play in the other games, but here easy to access and makes the game tactical feeling.

Space grunts is my favorite game now! I even made TA account to give feedback haha it is really unique style game^^

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Sorry but that's the first method I ever used and it does work but for only a couple hours

14. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Every time I go to purchase it says $3.99 but it shows $1.99 at this main thread and in the descriptions it even says sale until Friday . Still tgursday night . Man really wanted to play this

15. misterK

misterK Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Yea I came to say the same thing.
    I'll probably still buy it, but I was looking to get the early bird as well.

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Jay,

I swear to you. The game really is worth $4

After playing for the last day I can honestly say I'd pay $4

I still want a permanent crowbar though. :taps foot at pascal:

Lol

Billy

17. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Just added money to my account and needed answers before buying the game. Was on the fence and after I saw my questions answered I click $1.99 and boom it's $3.99 but says sale til Friday so I still don't understand but I'll just wait.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    OrangePascal is French. In France it's been Friday for a few hours already...

19. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #159 Gurney Halleck, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Same here.. Been reading the forum, was on the fence because of massive backlog and reported control issues, but decided to go ahead and grab it to try for myself today and bam! Price has been stuck at $3.99 all day as far as I can tell. Kept checking back to see if it was a fluke, but now TA app notified me of price increase too.. Seems like Thursday is the new Friday?

Bummer too because I enjoy every other Orangepixel game I own (meganoid 2, gunslugs, hero of loot.), and I'm really digging the look and feel of the action/tbs gameplay style!

Guess I'll have to wait and see if it comes back down, or if I get through enough of my other games and crave it enough to jump at $4 (not a bad price at all, but still.)

20. orangepascal

For those asking about the price jump:

How it works on the developer end, you can specify a start and end date for a sale, and I've set that to Friday (which it has been for 8 hours or more depending on your timezone).

How Apple then uses that is not really clear to anybody probably, but it seems to check the timezone the developer is in, or something..

anyway, Apple also has had some big issues with the app store not showing all the new apps to everyone, so I'm
    extending the sale for the weekend - so it ends on Sunday/Monday european time! ;)

probably gonna piss off the few people that bought it while I was sleeping, but I'm sure we can fix it if you message me ;)