Universal Space Grunts (by Pascal Bestebroer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 3, 2016.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

fast? took me 11 months! :D
    simple math tho: bigger games, need to make more money.. reason I've been making games (like this) for 11 years as indie is because I scale them to the money they will make / investment they took. The better this game sells, the bigger my next games are ;)

As for depth, most Steam players have over 20 hours put into the game and still not seen all the secrets or know what all the items do ;)
    Personally I have over 160 hours (includes "testing" time) and still haven't managed to actually complete it to level 16 :/

Altho I'll admit it doesn't go extremely deep into inventory and items, but that's not the type of game I like or create, there are other developers for that. There's a bunch of strategy in this game and things to learn, but it's also an arcade game.. best of both worlds (I hope)

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    The left arrow on the d-pad seems unresponsive for me at times.

3. orangepascal

moving it a little away from the edge solved it for most people (in options menu)

4. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    #64 Woodrith, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Can't find the game or get the link you dropped to work in the U.S. Store. I only have access through my iPad though.....:(

Works now!

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    My account is perfectly balanced now: $0.00 Thanks for the early bird price, Orange. Alright, lets fire this baby up...

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm... Every time I exit the game (for a call or whatever), and come back, the screen just goes black and hangs there. This is on an iPhone 5/iOS 7.1.2

Anyone else having this issue?

Not that it's a big deal, I can just clear it from my MT bar and reboot it, it saves the progress...

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

8. Hoodin

Hoodin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I hope I can find it in the canadian app store before the sale expires, but I'm sure I'll be buying this either way!!!

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Been waiting

10. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Can you allow us to move the inventory button as well, I'm constantly hitting it when moving up! The game is pretty darn good, but it just seems like in fighting with the controls...

11. orangepascal

have you checked the options menu? you can already do that ;)

12. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Oye-- I was thinking that was only for the d-pad! Thanks, so much better now!

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wishes for a later update:

-Local listing of achievements outside of GC (for the every growing mass of folk now locked out of GC since iOS 9).
    -Local top scores in each class (ala Steam version but just maybe top 5 of each class locally).

Oh, and a game mechanics question:

What is the significance of a damaged item? Is there a chance it won't work at all or does it just a have a diminished duration?

14. orangepascal

- hmm wasn't aware GC has a problem on ios? to be fair tho, that's more an "Apple should fix it" thing :/
    - still looking for the best format to do high-scores on mobile.. it's not a simple "highest number to lowest number" thing :)

damaged item's have a diminished duration.. it's rare, but possible it actually doesn't work at all
    (altho there is of course another solution to damaged items! - no spoilers)

15. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    What a nice surprise to wake up to :) inst-DUH-buy for me! Been waiting for this one and I'm excited to get into it so THANKS pascal for releasing it nice and early instead of way later tonight!

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #76 LordShad0wz, Feb 3, 2016
    Apple introduced game center crashing bugs into iOS 9. I was using the iphone 5s running 8.4.1 and never ever had a problem. I have hundreds of games installed. Last week I upgraded to the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1 and a few days ago game center crashed out of no where and now is no longer functioning. Any of my games that used it do not function. If I attempt to even sign out of game center it crashes. It actually will lock up my settings menu! Rebooting does nothing. And apparently this has been going on since last September to many people and Apple has not fixed it.

You are absolutely right though it is an Apple should fix it thing, but it also effects your games so now you are aware of it. :)

Billy

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #77 LordGek, Feb 3, 2016
    I totally understand you on the GC issue being out of your hands, but as this has been reported to Apple since September, at least half a dozen updates later, nothing has been done by Apple about this. It has hit folk randomly on all devices, even Apple's much hyped Apple TV, but is very mysterious. Some have even been seemingly cured of it, but sadly, for most of us afflicted, other than odd flashes of function for a few hours one day out of the blue, it always comes back.

18. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ok, got it and I'm impressed so far. This gets me more than Crashlands (which is amazing, but I'm not a crafting fan, just love to explore). Was glad that there is an option to change controls layout, since I hit the inventory 80% of the times I wanted to go up. Now with inventory on the right, I'm having a blast!

Great great great game so far, easily your best!

19. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Portrait option a possibility? Just curious.

20. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Backup your files and do a restore.