Universal Space Grunts (by Pascal Bestebroer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Feb 3, 2016.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

no sorry, it's already a pain to get save-games working bug-free, adding more save-game slots and making sure all that handles correctly in all versions will be a pain I don't want to put myself through ;)

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ok. That's cool. Just a thought. Thanks man.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the update. thank you Orange! I like the changes! I'm making no mistakes now when I'm moving. Thank you!

Billy

4. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #304 brybry, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    I had this game at 4 stars because of its unresponsive controls but this latest update fixed that beautifully! Absolutely fluid and responsive controls! Before the update I would tap the directional pad and would constantly have to look at where I was pressing to get an accurate move (and even then it wasn't very precise). That took me out of the experience, but now I'm pressing without taking a second or even initial look. Where I press is where I move. WONDERFUL UPDATE! (The game's pretty nice too!) Too soon for GOTY nominations? #

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Is this a graphics bug? Before the update, the grey bar behind the weapon icons adapted its size to wether you have 3 or 4 weapons. Since the update, that bar gets bigger when you collect a crowbar, but stays this size even after you're out of crowbars.

6. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    The more I keep coming back to this, the more it reminds me of DoomRL. Is this something you previously played orangepascal?

7. orangepascal

would have been a bug if it adapted itself.. cause it's a static image..
    have you been drinking while playing? :)

8. orangepascal

think I played it for 5 minutes in total :)
    did play Brogue a few times, which gave me most of my turn-based experience (never played turn-based games before creating this game)

9. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    After the update which fixed the only issue i had which was the controls on ipad this is one of the absolute best games on iOS

Great job

10. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Old version: 3 weapons - short background bar, 4 weapons - longer background bar

Current version: 4 weapons - long background bar, as soon as back to 3 weapons - background bar stays long... I will attach a screenshot later today. Maybe I'm just explaining badly :D

11. orangepascal

I think you'r mixing it up with the adrenaline-item, which extends the health-bar area?
    the weapon bar area has always been this size with room for the crowbar, it never got smaller

but pictures speak a thousand words! so show me :D

12. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #312 your personal robot, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Oooooh boy, my mind seriously tricked me. I was soooo sure. But after checking old videos on Youtube, I see that I'm wrong. At least I could serve as thread bump.

Hey Pascal, how about an adaptive weapon background bar? #

13. orangepascal

riiiiiiiiight, not gonna happen! ;)

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

That be the poison in your mind!!! You should try wearing Grunt Boots whilst playing :)

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    No reason to employ this update whatsoever. Think I'll just stick where I'm at. Those update notes just don't appeal to me.

16. orangepascal

what exactly makes you not wanna update ? :) just wondering!

17. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Notes indicate a nerfing of some of the prior changes. They're changing the level of perma upgrades to less than the previous change. Understand?

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I am pretty sure you are talking to the dev.... #

19. orangepascal

well the previous one was a test and had no limit
    some players ended up with level 6+ meaning full strength and thus a less interesting (and more boring) game to play for them
    so this update fixed the boredom for the very good players ;)

but thanks for explaining, always interesting to hear why someone would not update a game (even tho any future updates will contain this same change)

20. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Cool. When content gets added I'll surely update but I just prefer the older version. Thanx OP.