Universal Space Grunts 2 (by OrangePixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Dec 3, 2019.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wow....

Had absolutely no idea you had so many ideas/plans to update this after its release.
    It's grown SO much since it hit the store, and each and every time it adds more and more depth to what was already a magnificent game.

I know I've said it about 10 times already, but.... thank you again, Pascal. You freak'n rock.
    =D

vectorarchitekt likes this.
  2. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

version 1.12.0 is now live - bringing Terminals, Datacards and improved iPad resolution!
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/space-grunts-2/id1483206674

Wall-terminals are here! and to operate them, I also included a couple of Data cards you need to find to operate them. The terminals will show up from level 3+. On some floors you’ll now find that the exit has no power, so in order to activate it, you’ll need to find a Power data card, and use it on one of the wall-terminals. This is one of the first little changes to make “roaming around” a bit more interesting, and less “find-the-exit-and-do-it-again”. You’ll also notice there’s always a teleporter near the exit, so if you use them correctly it hopefully means you don’t have to do too much grinding/back-tracking … see.. it’s all coming together now!

Not a lot of big changes this week besides these terminals, because I’m in the middle of wrapping up a new game: Snake Core.. so it’s a lot of juggling with these projects currently!

Full changes list:

• added: Wall terminals
    • added: new item: Power data card
    • added: new item: Fireman data card
    • added: Exit-consoles can now have no-power
    • added: Junk can now be punched (fists)
    • added: better resolution for iPads
    • fixed: crashed space ship / big-statue aren’t correctly solid/blocking player
    • fixed: MFI controller support on iOS

syntheticvoid likes this.
  3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Gaaaaah!!!!!
    These wall terminals ROCK!!
    Yet another ::THANK YOU::, Pascal.
    ='D
    I'm just.... I'm just so frik'n happy.
    ='D

4. orangepascal

yep, pretty fun addition, and now that they are in the game, we can add more functionality to them! :)
    think this Friday we'll add a stack of new cards to the mix ! :)

5. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    version 1.13.0 is now live - bringing new cards including a Pillpop card for all those virii going around ;)

Simple update this week, a small set of new cards. I included a couple of passive cards (those you get when you grow a level in between levels) and the rest is a couple of weapons and two other interesting ideas I had.

I especially love the “Bag of Sand” and the “Random” cards as they spice up things nicely! Let me know what you think, and if you have great ideas for cards, don’t be shy and let me know!

While I have your attention, I made a fun little arcade game called Snake Core, and you can pre-order it here: https://apps.apple.com/app/snake-core/id1496604420 ! (and you should!)

Full changes list:

• added: new item – Super-shocker – like shockwave but wider range
    • added: new item – “Overheated” gun card – will do good damage, but you’ll drop some cards from your deck (due to hotness)
    • added: new item – “Sandbag” the sand will blind your opponent. Turning their attacks into random hit and mostly miss.
    • added: new item – “Random” when played turns into a random other card.
    • added: new passive card: Fruity – all fruit will be healthy
    • added: new passive card: Pillpop – sickness will not befall you!
    • fixed: Updated the wiki with new aliens+cards info

6. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    Version 1.14.0 is now live - new aliens, and watch out, one of them can cause blindness !

A couple of tiny little aliens are added to the mix this week, and the black Ooze one comes with a new opponent-card: Ooze spit. Which will blind you for an X amount of turns! And when you’re blind, your attack damage will not be a 100% certain! So watch out for that one.

Acido is another Acid based creature, but with a fast 2-turns movement speed. We just didn’t have enough of those going around yet ;)

While adding blindness to the game, I also noticed the your sickness state isn’t actually saved! not a big problem, and hardly noticeable (since nobody mentioned it) but it’s fixed now !

For help with the game, or just fun chats: https://discord.gg/orangepixel !

Full changes list:

• added: new creature: Ooze
    • added: new creature attack – Ooze spit
    • added: new creature Acido (fast acid spitting creature)
    • added: player can now become blind(ed) (by ooze spit)
    • fixed: saving Sickness state of player

7. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    Version 1.15.0 is now live - friendly live forms found!

A short but sweet update this week: NPC’s! I was planning on adding NPCs for a while now, but I had to figure out their usefulness first.. which I did! You’ll now find that NPC’s can be holding red-keys, power-data cards or just random items.

I hope to add more functionality to them in later stages, maybe small quest/assignments they want you to do before they can help you out, but for now, it’s fun seeing other faces around the space station ;)

Based on feedback, I also added the Modifier cards and Perma-buff cards to the pause screen (this actually took up most of the work for this update!). So if you forgot what your active modifier cards do (those you gain in-between levels after leveling-up) just pause the game, and select it for a reminder!

While working on that part, I also came to the funny conclusion, that perma-buff cards (unlocked by completing a full run and defeating the boss) didn’t.. uhm… actually.. activate! :D oopsy! Fixed now ;)

Don’t forget to leave a little review if you enjoy the game! It helps me a LOT getting the game more attention and that in turn allows me to keep working on it for a bit longer.

(also, check out my new game Snake Core, launched this week!)

Full changes list:

• added: can now also check on your Active modifier cards
    • added: NPC’s with various items (random, red-card, power-card)
    • added: Modifier cards now also added to pause screen
    • fixed: oops! perma-buff cards were never actually activated :D – fixed!

8. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    Version 1.16.0 is now live - New event, new alternate route and a rare card!

This update comes with a new random event that I had written down in my ideas list for a while, but the idea was lacking something, and suddenly I figured it out: it needed a little kryptonite! Okay, let’s back up a bit.. So, the new event I added is “Superman” and the idea is that the planet’s sun gives your character super-human powers, so your attack and defense starting stats will gain +10 – and you can combine that with a Crank buff card once unlocked ;)

Now to balance this somewhat, your kryptonite will be acid, in any shape or form. So if you get hurt by acid it will do a lot more damage than normal to your health! It should be an interesting little twist to tackle in your runs !

There is more tho! I also added a new alternate-route in the form of a crawl-space. This route can pop-up in world 2+ and you can find a new rare card in the crawlspace: Card printer. Which will generate 10 new cards when you play it, nice boost when you are running low on cards in the later levels!

See if you can find the crawl-space or bump into the Superman event and enjoy! :)

Full changes list:

• added: Superman event – extra boost to attack+defense stats.. Acid is your kryptonite!
    • added: Alternate route – Crawlspace
    • added: new card: Card Printer (found in Crawlspace)
    • fixed: (iOS) swipe-up menu now blocked correctly
    • fixed: (Android) Tablet/big-devices now use a slightly higher-resolution, closer to Desktop/AndroidTV versions.

9. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    Version 1.17.0 is now live - Brush up your codex skills, because you might find yourself hunting a certain species, to gain the exit-door key! Pesky aliens!

Those pesky little aliens are getting more and more bold. You might find that they are now stealing red key-cards ! Luckily the local humanoids can help point you in the direction of the alien species that has it.. so brush up on your alien codex, because you’ll need to find the right species in some of those levels! :)

To make NPC’s stick out more, they now also have a nice interaction sign twirling above their heads, and I managed to fix a few small bugs along the way.. grab the update!

Full changes list:

• added: “interactive-sign” above NPC’s head
    • added: Red-keys can now be stolen by Aliens ! (NPC at start of level will let you know)
    • fixed: incinerator still did harm even with “Fireman datacard” activated
    • fixed: shortened dialog-close button pop-up delay
    • fixed: Blindness is now properly reset on a new game

ioso likes this.
  10. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    Version 1.18.0 is now live - Just a small update as I had a huge amount of projects this week, but here are some new cards to play with ! :

Some weeks time just flies by, and sadly somethings get a little less time allotted to it. In this case the weekly Space Grunts 2 update is a bit on the short end of things. This week I was busy setting up a Steam page for the new game I’m working on, preparing a Steam build for Snake Core, rebuilding almost all the android versions of my games for a special project I can’t mention just yet… and all that stuffed in just a bit over a day, so that the rest of the week I had time to work on the new project! – just follow me on twitter or youtube for more details on that new project! ;)

BUT .. I did manage to add a few new cards to the mix, and changed the function of one of the existing ones. So there is still some new content here, and I still have a few bigger updates on my list, so let’s hope I find some time to tackle those very soon!

Full changes list:

• added: new card – Cover
    • added: new card – Shotgun
    • added: Tiny Scavenge box – adds 3 cards
    • changed: Scavenge box now adds 5 cards

11. orangepascal

[​IMG]
    Version 1.19.0 is now live - New blue door rooms added including a med-lab ! :

Some new rooms are added to the “blue-door” rotation. So far blue-doors housed an armory/item-pickup room OR a fruit-room, but from now on you can also find a MediLab room (contains bunch of med-kits and a medi-station) and in a very rare case a special-teleporter room which will INSTANTLY bring you to the lowest level of the space base (as-in: boss floor).

I also changed the fruit-room slightly, because I think the amount of fruit was a bit overkill and the current layout is just a bit more interesting.

Full changes list:

• added: MedLab rooms
    • added: Teleporter room – optionally brings you to lowest floor (very rare spawn)
    • changed: fruit-room now less fruit (was bit overkill)

12. orangepascal

PORTRAIT MODE IS HERE!

It's finally done :) - Space Grunts 2 now supports Portrait mode!
    I'm Still tweaking things a little bit for the various notches, but for the most part it should be playable now in both portrait and landscape (if something doesn't fit, let me know here or on discord )

Grab the update here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/space-grunts-2/id1483206674

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awww, HELL YEAH!!!!!
    Thank you so much, Pascal!!!!

Oh! I was wondering.... any plans for more challenges in the future, or do you think that part of the game is pretty much done with?

=D
    Thank you again!! This rocks!!

14. orangepascal

Challenge need ideas for useful trinkets as reward first :) and I don't really have any ideas for those left! :D

15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I didn’t really got into this game upon launch, but now it feels like a totally different game.

16. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    HELL YEAH portrait! How awesome is this?? This developer is the man.

17. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    THANK YOU!

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I had trouble getting into this at first but sounds like I need to redownload and give it another try! Great support on this one!

19. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    Portrait mode update is fantastic! Works sooo well with this game.