"Space Galaxy Rogue" Game - Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ronny.deicke, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    Hey guys, I guess the last big feature update is available for testing, lets find the remaining bugs together! I still have a lot of features I want to add, but I am at that point where I am really happy with the app and just want to get rid of the bugs and want to share the app with the world :)

Gameplay
    * small difficulty changes

Misc
    * earn continue after watching ad
    * new IAP: unlimited free continue
    * save selected spaceship after game restart
    * misc performance optimisations
    * iPad uses full screen

Bugs
    * loose health while heaving shield fixed
    * some minor bugs fixed

Thanks for all your support!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #22 LordShad0wz, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Ok,

I've started testing.

The ads work perfectly. I was able to continue after watching the ad without any issue.

The game does remember the ship I use.

I've experienced no crashes or lags of any kind.

The new IAP works perfectly.

I don't know what balances you made to test those specifically but the game is still kick ass lol.

Now a few things :)

Please disable the ad screen on the continue page if you've purchased the IAP. There's no need to have it there. It still shows both after purchase.

There needs to be 2 leaderboards. I'm saving you the headache now. I've seen this time and time again. When you launch the game there will be two types of players. There will be purists and there will be continuers. The purists will get pissed off and complain and most likely not spend money on IAP if they get put into a leaderboard with someone who uses a continue because to them it's not fair. In reality it's true. So the game needs a leaderboard for both and if you use a continue your score should show in the appropriate leaderboard. Trust me doing it now will save you headaches later.

The weapon buttons are still a bit too big. Can you shrink them a bit?

Another thing people will be asking for, so you should do it now while it's in beta to save complaints and headaches later is a sensitivity slider for the relative touch controls. I promise you this will get asked for on day one. You will see immature responses like deleted because of no sensitivity options. Lol

Billy

3. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    Thanks Billy, I have quite big hands and I test on an iPhone SE, I'll check if I can make them a bit smaller, but no promises, I still have to activate them without trying multiple times, and I change weapons from time to time, depending on the situation on the screen.

The other things are really good, I guess there will be another feature update ;)

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ahhhh. What about then, after release, making an option so players such as yourself can have the bigger buttons and players like myself could toggle a button in settings and it would switch them to a smaller set? Do it after release! I'd rather see the game get out there. Everyone is going to love this one I know it.

Billy

5. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    You asked for it, new version with some small changes is available, this is the changelog:

* IAP Icons removed after purchase
    * different leaderboards for scores with and without used continue
    * settings screen redesigned
    * setting for large/small weapon selection icons added

Have fun testing!

@Billy: I thought about the sensitivity control setting, I put it to the list for "after release", for now it would be a too big change for me in the gameplay.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok wow. Can't believe you did that overnight. Just one thing you missed. On the continue screen it still shows the ad button after you purchase the permanent continue.

Everything else is awesome. I wracked up a 119,000 score thismorning. Lol

Billy

7. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    I live in Berlin, it's 9:30 pm :)

Damn, will be fixed soon, thx!

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #28 LordShad0wz, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    By the way I love the smaller buttons. They are perfect now. I love that there is the option for both.

So when are you going to release the game? I want to do a write up for it as soon as it goes live.

I think a to do list for after the release would be more ships, color schemes for all ships, more enemies, and the sensitivity thing.

I'm definitely going to be buying all of the IAP on day one. That's for sure.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Whoever got that 125,000 score, I'm gunning for you.

It won't last for long.

Billy

10. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    That was me with a maxed out Phoenix, sorry ;)

I just released the last update before christmal, I redesigned the continue screen and fixed a small bug regarding the score labels.

I guess the game will be release mid/end of January, still have some things not related to development regarding the games to organise and I also want to create at least a bit of buzz by sending Promo Codes to App Review sites...

Enjoy the game and happy holidays!!

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hehe. I love the Phoenix and the Rogue. The game is awesome as it is. Thank you for incorporating so much feedback. I can't wait until it's released. I'll be your first customer!

Billy

12. sevenlily

sevenlily Member

Nov 12, 2015
    beta tester

I want do you beta test
    [email protected]

What's about you operation plan?

13. tonynv

tonynv Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
  14. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    I added both of you to the beta test, thanks for your interest!!

@sevenlily, what do you mean by "operation plan"?

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    When will you be implementing your evil operational plan to invade the AppStore as well as the Internet and take over with this game??

Lol

Billy

16. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    I submitted the App for Review to Apple yesterday, I'll keep you guys posted!

17. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin
    #37 ronny.deicke, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Good news everyone! It took some time and Apple was complaining about things which worked as expected from the beginning, but finally Space Galaxy Rogue is approved by Apple and will be released 2017-02-15. I'll try to create some buzz right now, if you have any suggestions how to do that, feel free to share your experience and tips with me.

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    2-15?? Nooooo hehe.

Well I'm glad it's approved. You have to visit every site and make sure you submit the app for the app release on here so it's in the round up.

Have you come into the Discord channel yet? I've been going on everyday. You can meet all new people in there.

Billy

19. ronny.deicke

ronny.deicke Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Berlin