Universal Space Galaga International Edition [Namco Bandai]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Jun 16, 2015.

1. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Is there any similar game? I realky like the idea of parts. I would even buy this, but it is not available in my Appstore

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    May be bad news for some as this international edition is only being released in certain countries.

3. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    This is pretty cool so far. The controls and gameplay are solid, I like the flamboyant aesthetic (I realize many won't), and I enjoy games in which you need to customize appropriate builds to tackle various situations.

4. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I'm enjoying this a lot as well. The "story" part are hilarious and I love the aesthetic. So much stuff to collect.

5. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    #25 Pickman, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    This is indeed a very good iteration on galaga from the original developers. I am some hours in and having a lot of fun.

They made the unforgiving original a little more casual by implementing a live bar but they kept the reload mechanic for fast firing and the upgrade system is very compelling. End bosses are a welcome deviation from old galaga and I have to agree that the story part is quite amusing.

Upgrades and tickets for stuff can be bought with ingame galaga points and so far I earn around 1000 of them per area run. Seems fair imo. There are no IAP's in the game.

I just wish for some kind of endless arcade mode in addition to the areas that consist of just a few stages, but there might be something like this later in the game.

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Purchased this, going to echo a few others here...lack of Game Center support is ridiculous. Namco is publishing this. Deleted until there is an update.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Can you say "loading times"?! My god!!

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    A bit of fun, but the game keeps restarting and losing my assets and progress upon restart. Very much broken. Pitiful, regret supporting this one.

9. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Nice and great game but !!! After several games I wanted to play the next day. I lost all my progress and had to download the extra contend again. The game started again from the beginning. very buggy. I hope this will be fixed soon.

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Precisely the issue I spoke of one comment earlier.

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#31 Anotherkellydown, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

[thread=264485][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264318][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264515][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264391][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264151][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264331][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264460][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264335][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264345][​IMG][/thread]

Space Galaga International edition

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 18th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

12. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game of the week?? This game is buggy and unplayable. As mentioned before, everytime I play the game, I lose all my progress and have to do the in game downlad again. Where is the update?

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    For anyone on the fence of getting this game, don't waste your money. I spent a long time playing and upgrading and patiently getting new parts.

Today I went to play and inside the game it said it needed to update. There was no option to not update. It did it automatically. So it updated. Now mind you I just played it last week. So the AppStore version is up to date.

Next thing I know it's going through all this dialogue. It erased all my progress. I lost everything. There is no cloud back up. I'm just screwed. I lost all my money.

Don't get this game. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Billy

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It was good when i played it a while back, but had to delete it as i had no reason to play it after having Galactic Nemesis.

15. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    I really like this game. It's about time NAMCO gave the iPad a really good modern galaga. It's only £1.49 and no IAPs. There are 100 levels, each with several stages, bosses for each level (100 different ones I guess!), tons of different insectoid aliens....

On iPad Air I haven't lost any progress yet, touch wood.

I'd still really like it if they would re-release Galaga Remix for iPad. It was probably superior to this one. I had it on the old iPod 2gen years back but obviously the screen was too small really. On the iPad it looked fuzzy.

Anyways this is pretty good for now. Only problem I've found is that the sound which is generally excellent and arcade-heavy, has a distorted fuzziness when bullets hit HD aliens (in a broken way, not a good way).