Universal Space Frontier (By Ketchapp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 31, 2017.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi there,

Normally I never play anything involved with Ketchapp but for some reason I downloaded this game.

With that said, I love it. I purchased the no ads IAP. I quickly got all of the different themes. I also am already close to 6000 people on mars and I'm up to the 300,000 rocket upgrade.

I'd love to see more themes. Maybe put some fin stabilizers on the rockets that fall off as that part burns off.

Do you have any other plans for the game? I'm glad I took a chance on this one. I really love the whole timing mechanism of the game. Really well done devs.

Billy

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Loving the newest update .
    Whoever made this game did an amazing job and the update is something I never expected. I would of thought it would of just been more rocket themes.
    This game should be blowing up right now

3. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Been playing this for a bit now, trying to see how far I can get without paying to remove ads (watched a load though...)
    It seems to me that a new ad loading often interrupts the rocket blast animation and totally interferes with game play.
    Anyone else notice this?

4. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    This is pointless... Play Space Agency for a much more immersive space rocket/shuttle take-off experience and also with orbit actions, space station building and landing challenges. It is too a bit shallow, as there are no visible people or astronauts and you can only land and return to planets, no colonization. But it has nearly all the parts you need to re-enact pivotal moments in space history. This is just a score chaser.

5. VeloBullet

VeloBullet New Member

Sep 11, 2017
    123?

Does anyone know what the “123” means after you build the whole rocket?
    It is on the tab that informed how many coins are necessary for the next upgrade.

6. Part Time Monkey

Part Time Monkey Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    VeloBullet, it's a bug, you shouldn't see it. Will be fixed in the next update.

7. Skippr

Skippr New Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Style test achievement

Hi,

Great game. I seem to have unlocked all rockets,hence the 'you have all' message.
    However, i'm missing the style test achievement. Am i missing something?

8. lololozada

lololozada New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Bgm from the game

Hey!

Iam going crazy trying to figure out what piece is playing when you explode the rocket. I know when you land successfullly is Richard Strauss's Zarathustra. But other than that i dont know the other one. A little help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

9. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    When you pay to remove ads what happens to the "watch ad for coins"? Does it still require you to watch ads for coins or do you just get more coins?

In short, which ads are removed when you pay the IAP? (I wish this was standard info in the description)

10. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    It removes only the forced ads. You still get to watch ads for coins and extra spins.

11. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Hm. Too bad they couldn’t design a model where once you pay there is no need for ads, but ok. Having to watch ads in what ends up being a paid game is sketch.

Thanks hvianna

12. GalacticThumb

GalacticThumb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Diamond

Feb 13, 2015
    Game Developer
    Toronto

Really not that sketch, it's giving you the opportunity to get more coins via opt in ads only. Essentially what you're implying is that you would buy another IAP for more coins?

13. Ziekke

Ziekke Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    What I am suggesting is that a game that is paid for (especially as "no ads") not be designed around the viewing of ads, opt-in or otherwise. Any time a game has this option, the designer must consider "how do I get people to view these opt-in ads" rather than only "how do I make my game fun", otherwise the ads will serve no purpose or revenue. In this case it is giving way more coins than actually playing the game. When the reward for viewing ads is greater than playing the game is exactly when it is "sketch".

In any case, I am returning from a long break from iOS, it is not surprising that this is the way game development has gone as compared to back in the day. It feels like good short paid for games like Tiny Wings or endless high score chasers are gone in place of games that throw ads, or allow you to "view ad for a revive" or something silly.

14. bygone88

bygone88 New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Why not expand game past Mars?

I've played the game and found it refreshingly addicting but now that I've gotten to Mars and put over 200 colonists on Europa, shouldn't the game keep going? adding higher levels to achieve because now there's nothing more I can do. I've gotten the highest score in a single launch possible and now am just adding in game currency. hope an update is made that continues the game with more levels and higher altitudes to reach for.

15. DaveMApplegate

DaveMApplegate Well-Known Member

I'm loving the game too. I really appreciate taking the timer off of the Mars to Europa update. I stopped playing as soon as I saw that, but am addicted once again. The clickeresque mechanic really keeps me hooked.

16. Part Time Monkey

Part Time Monkey Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
  17. DaveMApplegate

DaveMApplegate Well-Known Member

One more observation about the game, I feel like getting coins for watching ads and the free spin mechanic could use some work. If you're already at the higher levels of income generation, it just ins't enough coins. I'd like them to adjust as I grow. E.x. I get 1000 coins when I'm at the first tier and 1M coins when at Elon (those are just random numbers.)

Cheers,

Dave

18. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Agreed.

19. KetchappAcchaHai

KetchappAcchaHai New Member

Feb 2, 2018
    How to play this game on multiple Android devices with the progress saved?

I have two Android phones... In my first phone I have progressed a lot in the game and want to play the game with the same progress in my other Android phone. Is it possible? Plz reply anyone.