iPad Space Forest Dilemma (By PapaQuark)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Downloaded the game because Saosijs challenged me, and I like it, hope I am visible on the leaderboard because I have issues lately with update 8.1.

Not that I can beat Saosijs because he almost beat me at every game Ha ha.

2. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just played level 32 Chess, it's really clever put together your game, hats off.

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am sorry to tell this but I am not getting past level 35, tried 100 times but no go there, so I had to let it go, good luck anyway with your game.

4. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #24 saosijs, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    These "near hit" levels can be tricky yes. This one has two "squeezes". Try triggering in below indicated order. Slide through the first three very fast, but start your slide as late as possible, so the rock has a near hit with "1". With the last one, "4", wait as long as possible. "2" should have a near hit with "4". Happy gaming!

Link to video (don't get dizzy)

5. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

Hey Roger-NL,

Thanks for trying the game and your kind words. We also appreciate your frank feedback about the difficulty although we're sad to see you leave.... we know some levels are brutal. It's a fine line, some players enjoy the challenge but it might also put some people off by just ending up being frustrating.

Thanks also to Soasijs for yet another gameplay analysis and great tutorial. Hope it made you bump right back into it, Roger :)

6. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

BTW, Saosijs! We need your physical address for the hat! Could you email us at [email protected]?

Also, it would be really cool if you could send us your best times for each level! We're thinking about putting them on our website, for people to compare with or just stand in awe and admire.

7. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Nice way to present level solutions

Saosijs,
    I love the way you notate and describe the levels, it reminds me of guitar tab! I used a different order to complete that level, curious to know your time.

Best regards!
    Michael(Developer - Space Forest Dilemma)

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks Michael! For level 35, my best time actually is 0.60 seconds and as you already suspected ;), I did it differently then described but I thought it to be slightly more difficult to execute (I have second thoughts on that now :D)

I will send my address, PQuark!
    And the SFD Hi-Score list is up! Just add your name at the top and then your scores (replace the 100.00's with your best time) and the rest is automatic. Please fill in the white cells only. Also, I would appreciate it if you first fill in your best scores and only after that try to improve your scores from what you have learned from the hi-score list. This way it will be more interesting for me and other players to see the history of the list :cool:
    Looking forward to see your scores! And let me know if something doesn't work.

I made lists before, but this one was interesting, because of the reverse time nature of it (lower is better!). It also means that you cannot introduce new levels, by the way, because then it is better not to play them (by playing you would add time :D)

9. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Feature requests for first update

We are planning our first update.
    This is what we have so far. Please feel free to post suggestions or bugs. We are making the game for you guys!

Bugs

• *There is a small period of insensitivity to touch after having activated a block.

• *Time starts immediately on level 61.

Feature requests

• *Show the time even when crashing (gray, faint background font, like the number of total plays)

• *Remember (slow-mo) replays of best scores (accessible via additional button?)

• *A "previous level" button (like the "next level" button; I'd love to be able to walk through the levels)

• *A "synch GameCenter" possibility in the options menu?

• *Some sort of help button when you are stuck.

• *A link to give the game a review.

• *Switch between times and bars on the level pages.

Other

• *A typo in the story line conciousness

Michael Granath(Developer - Space Forest Dilemma)

10. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

Holy cow Saosijs! That list is mind blowing! THANKS! We'll direct people there to fill in their best scores. It will be awesome. I'll start by asking your main competitor Helgonet to fill in his!

BTW, I couldn't find your address in the mail. Can you try again? [email protected] (or just PM me here at TA)

11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I had a quick look too ;)

I have 14 on the Flag Bearer leaderboard, but I do already have the achievement Flag Bearer Level 3, which is "past level 15" so that means at least reached 16 ;). The in-game gray flag shows on level 15, by the way.

I don't have achievement "Crash Course" (crash 100 times), but that should be covered by a GC sync option

My Total Time on the leaderboard is 1:28.56, but when summing all individual scores, I get 1:28.62. Well, perhaps I shouldn't complain about this :D

For all the levels that have a moving rock, the time starts immediately, not only for 61, example: 38. Well, could or could not be considered a bug.

I remember having seen levels where a collision happened *after* the level "successfully" finished. Could or could not be considered a bug.

Text:
    #40 support: supports
    #50 Downunder: Down under
    #52 gets: get
    #67: extinct: be extinct (I think :))
    #69 the The: the (and I don't think we should harm any space animals ;))
    #71 Nightsky: Night Sky
    #73 where: were
    #79 contience: you already spotted that one ;)
    #91 corporation: cooperation
    #96 Lockdown: Lock down
    #77,81,90,91,95,98: text doesn't completely fit (well, this is really nit picking)

And you know, I didn't know about the bars on the level pages! Now you have mentioned it, I see them. The faster the time, the shorter the bar. Very nice attention to detail! :cool:

12. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Thank you! You are really helpful. Your comments are noted and will definitely be considered for the update. As you said not all bugs are bugs, some are features :) but having a great list makes things easier.

Also, glad you liked the bars on the level pages. Earlier we had the times written out but that looked to cluttered so we went with this instead.

Best regards!
    Michael (Developer -Space Forest Dilemma)

13. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I see that Helgonet007 added scores. Nice! I see that there are still 4 seconds waiting for me! :D Interestingly, 3 of these 4 seconds are from 5 different levels, all between 53 and 63. Good finds Helgonet!

And that makes the virtual High-Score (the best of the known scores combined) 84.61 seconds (1:24.61)!

14. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #35 dabigkahuna, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    Hey saosijs, since you got me into this game, I just started entering my scores on the chart and....I beat you on level 13! Of course, everyone knows that is the MOST important level!

Update: Entered the first 35 level scores, playing as I went. Kinda shocked that I have about 5 scores better than anyone else and 15 more that are tied for best! Playing on iphone 6 so far.

15. PQuark

PQuark Active Member

Hey dabigkahuna!

Thanks for trying out SFD - cool that you put your scores in saosijs list! As a developer, Level 13 is definitely among the ones closest to our hearts. ;) Big cudos - you're No 1 in the whole world!

Will try to promote the list to some more players and get the competition started.

Love
    /Papa

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, I did manage to get 5th place, but darn if I can figure out level 100 - no chance to move higher without that one. All the rest are completed though some have mediocre scores. I have 6 top scores now through of the 51 levels I've checked. Tied for 22 others. Not bad out of just the first 51 levels. I posted a link to the game on my facebook page - not that I have many "friends", but hey, it can't hurt.

17. mQuark

mQuark Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Sweden
    Hi dabigkahuna
    Thank you for spreading the word about SFD!
    I saw you on the leader-board and wondered who you where.

saosijs posted a way to notate the solutions of the levels. I think I can give you that on level 100 without spoiling the challenge. And let me tell you that level is so nasty I almost did not finish it when I did the final testing of the game. It was almost cut out.!! But when I discovered that it could be done it makes a perfect last level.

1____2
    ______
    ______
    ______
    ______
    4____3

Possible solution for #100 Hidden Path

I have more clues but I will post them one at a time so I won't spoil the nastyness for you :)

Best regards!
    And thank you for playing!

Michael(Developer - Space Forest Dilemma)

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, I've tried that order many many times so clearly there is something about timing - but darn if I've been able to figure that out! Considering the top time - and assuming saosijs used the same order - the speed must be fairly quick. Other than that, I have no idea.

19. Charlieqgs

Charlieqgs New Member

Nov 30, 2014
    We'll consider them for the next update for sure. Thanks so much for getting involved and sending your feedback![​IMG]