iPhone Space Food Truck (by One Man Left)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Nov 3, 2016.

1. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I don't see the comment about lowering the requirement. What did they say the game will run on after they update it? I have an iPad 3 so I'm wondering if that will meet the new requirements.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #62 Talbs, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Here you go Corey.

Was in reply to a request to lower the requirements. It's definitely not a promise per se.

Edit: I believe that comment was with respect to iOS not iPad device.

3. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I think it was also about lowering iOS requirement to iOS 8 but I could be wrong.

4. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    It was about lowering iOS requirements, not iPad spec. I had specifically mentioned 8.3 but that's not to say that will be minimum.

And yes, whilst it wasn't a promise, the separate email I received from the Devs was a little more committed, all be it still short of a promise! Still, no harm in hoping!

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Can anyone comment on this?

And what yahoo left a one star rating without actually providing their thoughts on the game? I'm surprised that's the only TA rating thus far.

6. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It is cross platform multiplayer can't remember where I read it though. Plus this is a great game adding my 4* now

7. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

There's an update in the pipeline right now that is lowering the requirement as well as fixing several card crashes. Should be out in a day or two. Sorry about that!

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Cool. Thanks, Mince0.

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Update is out! Thanks so much to the guys at OneManLeft, I finally get to play it! ##

Edit: Just need universal compatability now please guys?! #

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I bought the game through iTunes and loaded it on to my jailbroken 6+ and I can happily report that with the Fullforce tweak (forces apps to use gulls screen real estate), this runs ok on my 6+. Albeit, the text is small, and cards don't expand out much larger when you select them, so you definitely have to use the native zoom function to read stuff. Text would definitely need resizing if this were to go universal. I'm just thankful it still runs on my 6+, giving me the opportunity to take this anywhere.

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ye, of little faith! #

12. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks for the ultra fast update Dev, after playing an hour on iPad Air with no sign of crash I'm happy. Now to learn what I'm doing in the game

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Curious, are there more unique cards for each class than what you can ever unlock with the scientist in a single game?

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ok, finally fot to play this last night with much anticipation - and whilst I'm pleased to say the gameplay ticks all the right boxes for me, unfortunately the game is still very buggy and unstable running on iPad Air with iOS 8.3.

I had 4 crashes in relatively short succession when playing for 1hr last night, along with very stuttery/jerky animation (ie switching between screens, ship FTL animation between planets, pulling cards up from hand to view) - if I'm honest, almost everything that I'm doing is far from fluid. Crashes seem to be most common when carrying out a task (ie drawing a card) or more frequently, when opening menus/other screens (ie tapping on one of the ships rooms, go to the Zapstore, resupplyig your hand).

Several times, I've tapped to look at my discard deck and the screen loads but appears incomplete, almost as if the raw card data appears where the cards are in green text (very similar to green Linux text) before the imagery and art assets load in.

It's a real shame - considering I can run Ember and other such graphically intensive games with very little issue, surely a turn based and relatively low graphical intensity card game should run more smoothly?

@OneManLeft - is there anything I can provide to help you debug these problems or is it just something we will have to accept on 1gb RAM machines? Thanks.

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Bump ^^^

Anyone else experiencing stuttery gameplay and crashes on iOS 8 or iPad Air?

16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Switched off/on iPad and rebooted game. Crashed 3 times in less than 10 mins. Most notably/obvious crash appears to be caused by hitting the cog option button in top right during gameplay and then selecting options from the menu that appears. Instant crash to home screen and loss of progress on that characters turn.

Have also just gone back in and tried to take the scientists turn, only to find when I played his foresight card plus a 1 power card to power it up, the pop up option to cancel/play the selected cards didn't appear - had to quit out and start the turn again.

Really frustrating - on the verge of getting a refund now, it's so jittery and unstable during animations, even card drawing, that it's just not enjoyable to play. Could the debs please respond? Is this being looked in to? Thanks.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It's ok on iPad Air on the latest iOS (10.1.1 or something?) so it's not the hardware that is the issue. So don't give up just yet, it might be a problem the devs can fix!

btw iOS 10 runs great on the iPad Air, if the reason you weren't updating was because of slow down. If you weren't upgrading for another reason then just ignore this :)

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Thanks, that's useful to know, it confirms my suspicions. I really want to be able to play this so will hold off on the refund until I've head back from OneManLeft (email sent).

As for sticking to iOS 8 - my iPad is jailbroken and I use several tweaks and Cydia apps for work, so don't want to lose that by upgrading. If there was a working iOS 10 jailbreak, I would have been straight on it and this wouldn't have been a problem.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Very early days, but I've just been free playing up to turn 13 (had no idea what I was doing), so that's about 20 minutes or so and at the end of that I had a crash during the chef's turn and the bad dream event came up. I eventually restarted the game and it began at the beginning of the chefs turn. All the same cards were draw, even when I played two of the cards that let you draw 2 and discard a card. Even playing those, I draw exactly what I got before the crash which is a good thing.

Yes the transition between characters turns is jittery but that doesn't phase me really. And to be honest, if I get a crash every 20 minutes or so, I can sort of put up with it...for now, but I'd say the devs really should address it or there could be a mass exodus of its consistent with other players.

Note: I'm actually playing on iPhone 6+ iOS 9.3.3 and jailbroken obviously, so a big grain of salt might be needed, even though I'm a firm believer that while within an app, the jailbreak part never has anything to do with it, unless using a tweak directly affecting that app.

20. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Agreed. I do doubt the jailbreak is responsible as even if I boot up with Cydia and tweaks disabled, the same occurs. And I've never experienced similar problems with any other apps/games.