iPhone Space Food Truck (by One Man Left)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Nov 3, 2016.

1. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Apologies! We had a slight oversight in our app description (that has since been updated) as we failed to list the min spec for running the game. Currently any device circa 2014 should run SFT fine. Unfortunately we don't support the iPad 3 and would completely understand your desire to get a refund in that case.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I wanted something new to play on my shiny new Ipad Pro, don't want to brag it's just shiny ha ha, than I saw this game and I know these guys from the wonderfull game Outwitters I played a few years ago, so I took the plunge and starting to like it after I played for an hour, I only manage to do one meal complete but I learn as I go along mostly I did ship repairs but I have to learn some more about this game but that will come by playing it.

It looks great this game, and I am playing on a stand so it's very comfortable and relaxing.

Good luck One Man Left with your game, as I remember it's just the two of you right.

3. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I like the game but it crash a lot on ipad air, last firmware, reboot and all. Maybe ipad air is old?

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    App page lists minimum as iPad Air 2

5. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Basically yes. Just stock him with lots of hall passes so he can go get ingredients from others and destroy their bad cards.

6. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    #46 Danigarcia75, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Oh thanks, then it's normal to not work fine. I didn't see that requirement line but how can it work on IPad 4 and iPad mini 2 and not on iPad Air 1? Is that list ok?

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    iPad Air can't be classed as old, surely? Yes it was released in 2013 but it's hardly outdated tech. If it is unsupported and therefore prone to crashing, then irrespective of whether the app is updated to run on older firmware, I won't be buying if there's a likelihood it will be unstable. I'll be gutted if that is the case.

Is anyone else running on iPad Air? And if so, any problems noted?

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes, that is odd.

9. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just the crashing when looking at discard piles mentioned above.

either it doesn't work on both iPad mini 2 and iPad Air, or it works in both of them - it can't work on one but not the other, they are mostly the same (apart from size) aren't they? And if something will work in iPad 4 it will work on iPad Air surely? Very strange.

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ok, that I can live with but could still be frustrating - but probably also easily remedied with a patch update I would have thought.

Good point, well presented.

11. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    Can I please know if the game is supported for iPad Air?

12. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    I have a iPad Air 2, but I ask me the same too.

13. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I would like a reaction from the dev concerning the bugs before I pay 10€ for a game

14. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    Same here please before I wait for updates or ask a refund

15. OneManLeft

We're currently working on an update to address this. It's a bit more complicated than that. Once the update is out it should work fine on an Air 1. We have a mini 2 test device that it runs fine on (iOS 9) so we were comfortable telling people it runs there. But after some investigation we found that it was iOS version specific + device specific. iOS 10 on mini 2's, air 1's, etc would cause the game to crash while playing a particular card.

16. Danigarcia75

Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks for the info Dev, I will wait for updates then, I like your games and this one looks amazing and interesting

17. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Is there a problem with iPad air2 and the latest iOS? If not then I don't need to wait for the update.

18. OneManLeft

As far as I'm aware, no. It's a memory consumption issue (iOS 10 having a bit more overhead than previous versions). We're optimizing memory usage in SFT and should have an update out in a few days.

19. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    This combined with your earlier promise of lowering the iOS requirement is the best news I've heard all week! Thanks guys.

##

20. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Jailbroken iPad Air 2 on 9.0.2 bought the game through iTunes and modded it to run on 9.0.2 and all seems ok why cannot you just lower the iOS requirements instead???

Ps should I expect crashes when playing a random card etc?