Universal Space Expedition: Classic Adventure (by Mobirate Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Nov 13, 2014.

1. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Pls pls pls add more content to this awesome game! The graphics/gameplay/audio were frickin amazing and unlike any other pixel game. Must......have....MORRRRR! :) pretty please?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This is a great game, if you like it leave an itunes review and also contact the devs here...

http://mobirate.com/

More of us who do this the more chance of a sequel we'll get (i hope)

3. Thanks for sharing that, will do I love this game. For some reason the atmosphere reminded me of one of my favorite old NES games; A Boy and His Blob. Really looking forward to the sequel.

4. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I'll give this a go, I love Metroid games and there is nothing better than a game that is short and sweet.

5. I agree, I thought the play time on this was great, leaves you wanting more in a very good way

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow, a year since the last comment

Well, just dropped to free and got a bug fix update.

Desperately want more of this

7. cubilas

cubilas Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Frequent video ads. Was this already in the previous version? Can't find any iap to disable these, the ads ruin the experience, so far it looks like a promising game though.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Game just crashes on my iphone 5/iOS 7.1.2

Won't load

=o/

9. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Latest update -

Bug fixes and improvements unfortunately = now free with immersion breaking ads that you can't get rid of... :(

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Game devs are gonna have to get A LOT more creative than sneaking an ad filled update as "bug fixes".

Protip: if your game is working perfectly fine, there really is no need to update. I've made peace with my ever growing list of "bug fix" updates in my App Store.

Learned that the hard way back when Creat released a "bug fix" update packed with banner ads, unskippable full page ads on their Magic Orbz game.

11. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome game totally ruined with in game ads. These are all long 20-30 second videos that pop up while your playing, and then with no way to remove them. Way to kill your own game devs...

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This was on my want list

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    How do you unlock the speedy achievement? My first run-through was over 30 minutes, and when I played again from the tutorial, my time was just added on to my previous time. It would be silly if you had to delete and reinstall to do it.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    That is what you have to do and yes, it is silly.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow. So I tried it, thinking I could pay to disable the ads. I played for 60 seconds and bam got hit with a 30 second ad. That's some crap. There's no way to pay to disable them. The ads are way too aggressive. Uninstalled until this is fixed.

Billy

16. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks devs for ruining this!:mad:
    I wanted to play it now, but it won't start either. (iPad mini 2, iOS 8)
    Seems like I updated too fast before I read the description.
    :mad::confused::(

17. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

which iOS 8, pal?

18. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Well I jut got around to playing this (bought it at full price at launch and got it rotting away in my backlog).

It's a great experience. Like some other games there is not much gameplay here, it is not difficult but the atmosphere, music, sound and even graphic design are extremely well done. I got 2-3 ads in a full playtheough which I find disrupting but they did not prevent me from finishing it in 35 minutes. It was an experience I desperately crave for more. It was like a prologue to a bigger game with more content. Controls were tight, feeling and atmosphere were excellent and even though I do not want to review it in great details, as many have done this before I felt obligated to drop by and share my impressions. If you've never touched this you should find about 45 free minutes of free time to experience this extremely great game. Sound 4.8/5 graphics 4.2/5 gameplay 4.5/5 conclusion 4.5/5 (gives me a 4.49999 cause of the ads).