Universal Space Bounties Inc. (By Dancing Cat Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Yossarian, Mar 25, 2015.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I try to buy the game just now (US$0.99!) but it says it is being modified...is the sale ending?

Edit: ah, ended, anyway, I am buying.

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Agh. Lol! I thought I had tried that at some point. Cool. I agree with you about actual turn order in battle, it would slow things down—I didn't mean that and wouldn't want it with this setup.

Having more relics and being able to choose weapons—and accordingly balance their strengths and weaknesses, would be great. I notice some abilities are really rare to show up, like being able to use a heavy weapon every turn. That one might be better saved for a relic too...better to have a few basic abilities that lend characters to certain roles, and then save the rest for relics. I'm not really interested in playing brutal until then...I havent beaten all the fugitives on normal yet; I have lost incentive until I get more strategy options and rewards. I'll wait a few weeks ;)

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    With all these updates done so far and more to come it would also be great to get a 5 star review on the app store ;)

4. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Version 2.0 is now published on the app store with the following changes :

* Bounty hunters can now use a turn to change level grid position. Each grid position has tactical advantages and disadvantages.
    * The heavy projectile weapon flamethrower now has a chance to add gas effect to enemies.
    * Increased character melee attack movement speed.
    * Fixed a bug where high difficulty enemies could sometimes use the defense mode action more then twice in a row.
    * Added additional weapon information to the base help screens.
    * Fixed a few typos.

5. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I deleted this.
    I didn't like how my bounty hunters missed two out of three shots. I didn't like how I bought three health boosters and they all disappeared in one use.
    This could have been good - music and graphics were sweet - another missed opportunity...

6. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    Haven't you ever played a game where your character starts as a fairly weak noob?

You level up after each mission. Increase your speed which makes you more accurate—just focus on speed the first couple levels, then improve speed and agility.

Not sure about the boosters, do you mean a medi kit or the enhancements?

7. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #87 Yossarian, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    There is no code preventing bounty hunters missing. It is all to do with percentage chances and odds.
    So your bounty hunters could get lucky and hit enemies 20 times in a row but the odds for it are not good.

As your bounty hunters level-up and upgrade their speed attribute their odds to successfully attacks enemies is improved.

That is what makes the combat interesting and varied. If your bounty hunters constantly successfully attacked the enemies it would make the game very boring and predictable.

That being said I do have code in place to make sure that bounty hunters (as a team) never miss / are blocked more then twice in a row. I do not want players getting too frustrated.

Regarding the health boosters. Do you mean the medical equipment? Can you describe the issue you had in more detail?

8. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Version 2.1 is now going through Apple approval and should be published by next Thursday / Friday.

This version has the following change :

* Added five additional Alien relics (three rings and two crowns) that can be looted from bounty missions. Alien relics give bounty hunters special skills.

9. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    #89 Mintslap, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    My game is currently bugged. It keeps on loading on the last fugitive i played and it loads all the way to stage 3 as well, once i try tapping anything on the screen the app just shuts down.

Edit: i tried making a new save file and its playable so far but my first save file is still completely unplayable.

10. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Can you please send me all the game data files?

To the following email - [email protected]

11. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    I honestly have no idea how to do that. If you could explain how like i'm 5 i'd be more than happy to help. Enjoying the game btw my second save file has surpassed my first soo it aint so bad.

12. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Just want to say this game is badass and the dev(s) have done a fantastic job pulling this all together!

13. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Thanks!

No "devs" though as it is just me only :)

14. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    You can download iexplorer...it will let you browse your phone's contents; find the app and open the folder, there should be some data somewhere in there.

From there just select and copy the files...let him know which save file is corrupted–1, 2, or 3.

15. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
  16. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Nice little game.
    But once you've purchased 4 bounty hunters and upgraded them, what is the use of buying a more expensive not upgraded bounty hunter? Do you get a refund if you fire one?

17. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    You do not get a refund for firing a bounty hunter but can you can recruit them again later at the same price even if they are upgraded a lot.

So you can recruit 4 bounty hunters then upgrade and fire them. Then you can recruit and upgrade some new bounty hunters.

This way if a bounty hunter is killed you have a reserve of upgraded bounty hunters available.

18. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Ok, thanks for the reply.

19. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Space Bounties Inc. is now available in the Space strategy turn-based RPG bundle - yeah, I know, very creative and original bundle name :)

The bundle is $1.99 and has the following games -

1. Space Bounties Inc.
    2. Star Armada RTS
    3. Down In The Deep (roguelike)

App store link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/id988795142?mt=8

The bundle has a saving of 60%.

Version 2.3 of Space Bounties Inc. should be approved in the next 24 hours with the following changes :

* Added five additional alien relics (three rings and two crowns) that can be looted from bounty missions - alien relics give bounty hunters special skills.
    * Fixed a bug on small and large screen resolutions when using drag & drop to transfer equipment between bounty hunters.
    * Fixed a rare game progression bug.

20. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Oh great, thanks bud. I'll try to get on this when i'm not too busy. But since theres an update coming up i might just wait for it since the dev might have already found a fix for it.