Universal Space Bounties Inc. (By Dancing Cat Development)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Yossarian, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Damn I want one of those T-shirts! :)

Funny you mention that.

As the guy who made the sprites (of Oryx Design Lab) is actually the creative director of Bungie. That is why the Bungie store is selling those T-shirts.

Yes, Bungie the makers of Halo and more recently Destiny.

Must be nice to become so famous as a game developer that you can have a website selling gaming merchandise as well.

I am amazed he finds the time to actually draw anything in his spare time.

Alex

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Question...do swords supply a passive block and reflect potential, or is it more likely when you have just used it as a weapon?

Do life bars turn red at 30%? I don't want to waste one of those capturing devices, and an indicator would be awesome.

3. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #23 Yossarian, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Melee weapons will automatically block / reflect enemy attacks. You do not need to have the melee weapon selected.

I have updated the version 1.5 (going through approval) space location help screens to make this clear.

Life bars turn yellow at 66% health and turn red at 33%.

I will make a update so that the life bars flash when red so the player can visually notice more quickly.

Alex

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Have to say, I'm enjoying the inherent simplicity of this;!¡

5. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Good :)

I am adding more variety to combat for version 1.6 but nothing over the top. Just more actions during a bounty hunter turn.

Let me know if there is anything you would change / add to help the game. Touch Arcade forums is the only place where people actually give decent game feedback.

Alex

6. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    #27 Solarclipse, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Can you explain more how speed effects the attack against enemies? Will it mean more likely to hit, or? Yeah, any input on how much the stats effect things would be great.

Are pistols more likely to hit than pulse rifles? Or does that depend on speed?

7. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea I am a 1 man team as well so i hear ya. I figure the sci-fi might even become more popular I was just hoping to be the first to use it but my projects shifted a bit. Anyways this looks great gl on the game!

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounding good but I'm still unsure due to some comments. By the sounds of it Id like it to be more tactical, I'm not too bothered if there's movement as FF combat is perfectly fine without it but I like there to be strategy and options.

Also if I imagine myself playing different bounties for cash Id imagine as someone said Id like there to be loot or perhapse abilities and chsrachters to buy with the money giving me more options.

9. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #30 Yossarian, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    There is loot in the shape of Alien relics which can be looted from some bounty missions. I will look at adding more loot once all the combat / tactical updates have been made.

I have just submitted version 1.8 with the following changes :

* Added 'Berserker' mode action to combat. This mode increases attacking damage by 30% but characters are unable to avoid or block enemy attacks.
    * Bounty hunters can now pass equipment to one another during combat.
    * Updated brutal difficulty so tier one associate enemies do not use grenades.
    * Added a new sound effect when using defense mode action.
    * Added more information to the space location help screens.
    * Updated the level-up screen information about character attributes.
    * Character health bars now flash if red.

Upcoming version 1.9 will allow the bounty hunters to change formation position with tactical advantages and disadvantages.

10. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Solid little game. Looking forward to any enhancements that come down the line.

11. FrauGüntr

FrauGüntr New Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Had an all day activity with plenty of free time today and I'm about finished with the tier 1 bounties, here are a couple of my first impressions:
    + Oryx sprites look fantastic with the spaceship and planet backgrounds; I love the art overall.
    + has some difficulty behind it. If all your guys die in a bounty you're screwed
    + detailed statistics on your weapons and armor
    + fun factor! It feels great to crash some intergalactic parties and show aliens who's boss

- no loot system (other than the money drops after killing an alien). Different rifles or swords, that kind of thing would be great
    - not as deep as many games like it. If you are looking for intense strategy this is not the game for you

In the end, really great little game for a one person team (I believe?)
    Looking forward to updates or other games down the road

12. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    #33 Yossarian, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Thanks for the feedback! :)

Yes, I am only a 1 man team although my giant ginger tom cat hangs out around me when working just basically wanting attention and food all of the time.

There are minerals and Alien relics to loot from tier 2 (and higher) bounty missions. The minerals can be sold for revenue at base and the Alien relics can be equipped to bounty hunters to give them extra special capabilities.

13. FrauGüntr

FrauGüntr New Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Ah okay well that's why I haven't seen them yet! Only done tier 1 so far

14. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    These additions sound great! Will you be able to directly use a medical kit on another hunter or do you have to pass it to them and then they use it on themselves?

I realize that it would be a different mechanic to use it on a player. Maybe passing could not take up the turn?

This would be helpful in the early stages when money is so tight, not having to buy everyone the same potions :)

15. Yossarian

Mar 21, 2012
    Developer
    UK
    Bounty hunters will use a turn to pass equipment and the bounty hunters receiving the equipment have to use it themselves.

Still, it is a life saver if a bounty hunter is running very low on health and has no medical equipment left :)

16. rhondaex

rhondaex New Member

May 15, 2013
    Will you make a version of the game that is free with ads? I really would like to try out your game but I can not afford it.

17. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    It's $1.99 - you really can't afford that? Yet you can afford an apple device? Weird.

18. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Well that's a bit of an assumption on your part isn't it? Who said he bought the apple device? Maybe his mum did and it's on their account? Maybe he had a friend who got a new iPhone 6 and gave him the older one for next to nothing or trade for nudie pictures where he's playing with his belly button again. Who knows? I have a couple buddies who have iPhones but no credit card so to them everything that costs something is out. These are the same fellows who don't know you can goto the store and buy a throwaway Visa! Also he could be a cheap prick and he won't even give this hard working dev money for coffee because he doesn't want a dime escaping his clutches.

TO THE DEV AND BACON TOPIC

Don't you just love it's crispness? Stacked up beside some delishious sunny side up eggs and 4 toast? 2 with with butter for egg & ketchup dipping and two with peanut butter and nanners on them? Also! What did you use to make your game with if I may ask? Sorry if I asked before I couldn't find it! I've played with so many engines! Trying to find my perfect fit

19. Dahorsh

Dahorsh Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Attacks per round

I've moved onto Tier 2 fugitive missions and the enemies are able to attack/defend/grenade TWICE and THREE times a round (Boss). Is there some way to increase the number of times my own bounty hunters can do this? Otherwise, it seems like a cheap way to cripple my bad ass squad. I'd rather enemies do increased damage than cheating by going on Defense AND offensive plus grenade spamming my squad. Unless I'm missing something, I think my bounty hunters should also be able to attack more than once per round with the appropriate upgrade/spending of money.