Sound problem iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iSwiss, Sep 20, 2010.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Hey everybody

So.. My iPhone is 2 years old.

Today I turned my iPhone on.. Everything worked fine..

But suddenly it turned off.. So i rebooted - and it worked.. I got a call, but I couldn't hear my speaking partner. So I looked if sound is working - but it doesn't even with earphones. But it seems not to be a sound problem only..

When I want to listen to music(so i click the play button".. Nothing happens, It just shows me the pause button.. Even youtube videos aren't working anymore..

Anyone an idea?

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Per your other thread, your not near a service provider (apple store) so try a restore because you have nothing to lose. You could try taking your sim card out and putting it back in as well. If that doesnt work, and it probably wont, not sure you have any choice but to get it to a service provider.

I just had a bad speaker for phone calls fixed and the apple store charged me $99. (Not that at least on 3gs the speaker that makes the sound for phone calls is separate from the speaker that does the speakerphone/games) Taking the simm card out and putting it back in actually made it briefly work...I guess it was a loose connection.

3. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Ok, so I restored the iPhone.

But iTunes didn't accept my iPhone, because of an unknown error. WTF?

4. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Update:

I did restore.. but no sound again!

Even no jaiilbreak anymore..