Universal SOULCALIBUR - ( by NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm definitely buying this tomorrow... I have way too much itunes credit and this should get rid of some.... It's strange, you'd think it be nice to have alot but after looking at it for 2 weeks with no movement It's annoying... :p

2. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    #83 dbuser38, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    so from now on, in how much hours it will be relased in Europe (Germany) App Store?
    I searched for "soulcalibur" but nothing atm...

Edit:
    Is it only available in New Zealand Store atm ?
    When i buy it from there, must i pay again when it comes out in Europe ?

3. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    This multiplied by about a million!!! :)
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
    The touchscreen is a touchscreen — these "virtual" buttons and joysticks - especially in a frantically-paced game like this - are just ludicrous!

4. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I'm in the Netherlands and games that are released on Wednesday in NZ get here at 1 AM Thursday morning so I expect Germany is similar. Don't buy it from the NZ store, it is super annoying when you want to update because you'll have to switch accounts.

Man, I hope this game does well. I really want other Dreamcast classics on my iPad and will gladly pay this price for Jet Set Radio or Sonic Adventure.

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Isn't it kind of obvious? Most, like at least 75% of the games now ever since the release of iPhone 4S/iPad 2, have requirements much higher than they actually need. A simple 2D game that could be played without lag on a 3-year old sony ericsson often needs the latest iDevices, claiming complete bullshit like "older devices are incapable for handling our awesome graphics", yes I'm sure when my old java phone can handle it. It's because Apple wants people to buy new devices, simple marketing strategy to push onto the devs.

6. leemik

leemik Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I'd love to have Dragon Force and Radiant Silvergun from the Saturn =)

7. CoW_Ecoray

CoW_Ecoray New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Guys,I play this game on iPad 1 and it's running great !!!!!

8. Nudgenudge

Nudgenudge Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Buttons are customisable \o/
    You can even have a sorta NeoGeo layout \o/

Now, I only need confirmation about iCade, and I'm totally sold.

9. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This was actually already happening well before the 4S came out, with numerous amateur, bare-bones 2D games requiring 3rd or even 4th-gen devices because the developers were banking on achieving their goals through brute force of hardware rather than competent, efficient coding. It was even more noticeable back when I had a 2nd-gen iPod Touch, and could run Dead Space fluidly while not being able to run John Q. Jackass's "Hello World"-level program that somehow required an iPhone 4.

The current recurring issue seems to be that developers aren't taking the 256MB limitation for older devices into account, and are often just loading all assets into memory at app startup and hoping for the best, which has resulted in frequent crashes in many recent games. Some have addressed this (albeit with varying levels of success, and solutions that aren't always optimal), and some haven't.

10. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    lol thats why i got a ps vita which is awesome ,but you gotta appreciate seeing a game like soulcalibur on ios & so far playing it on a iphone 4s & ipod touch 4 the game actually plays good ,but you cant expect perfection from a full touchscreen device especially when playing a game thats so much better with actual buttons

11. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I pay regularly my app, I tried only because in the decription says that is compatible only with ipad 2 and iphone4 and 4s.

12. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    No wonder why SOPA is a threat thanks to you pirates.

13. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    You must be new here.....

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Is it just me or does sanukus video really cut out te video and leave just audio 30 seconds from the end.
    Also, although I really really appreciate your videos sanuku I find, like this one, they're often mostly just the menus of the game...there's hardly any actual gameplay like we want to see! Like this one, I didn't even see any gameplay!! Even if there is gameplay, then it's often just the tutorial which is mostly staggered gameplay with popup text boxes to tell u what to do...often tutorials still male the game look bad when it isn't. I know some tutorials are quite long and you need to get through them in order to know what your doing when your filming, but if it is at all ok with you, maybe show us a little less menu navigation and tutorial, and a little more gameplay...
    I don't mean anything but constructive feedback..brought on by this time not even getting to see any gameplay.

15. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    If you scroll back in the thread he posted a complete arcade playthrough from level 1 to 8.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sweet as, thanks. Comments still stand. Constructive criticism for other videos ive seen only.

17. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Impossible, the game it's not compatible with ipad 1!

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The same in Spain: they get released at 1am. And yes, if the game is available in your country, wait a few hours to buy it in your local store. I have DenGo Yamanote Line bought in the Jap app store because it's unavailable elsewhere, and every single time I sync with my PC, I am requested the password for the Jap itunes user I have... It's tedious, but I like Densha too much :D

19. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    it actually runs really good a looks great on the ipod touch 4g ,it looks better than the original thats for sure