Universal Soul Knight (by Zeyang Li)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Feb 17, 2017.

1. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
  2. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    YES. THIS.

Does the dev read this thread? All the game needs is button mapping. Or just proper Nimbus support. You see, the problem is that my thumbs are large and not transparent.

But this game is awesome!

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I am having difficulty getting past level 3. Anyone know how many total levels there are (not the sub levels such as 3.1, 3.2, etc.)?

4. Version2-1

Version2-1 Member

Sep 5, 2014
    It is quite a nice game, especially for free. :)

What I would like to see on there though :

- Auto-aim off option. Self-explanatory.

- Stats explanation in the Settings menu. I agree that the four weapon stats are hazy.

- A way of saving progress wouldn't be a waste although that would required the following...

- A way to start off with with another weapon than the crappy "bad pistol". I know the Chest can give you a better weapon to start off with but it always seems to be to be the same level 1 ones all the time.

Aside from that, I'm pretty content with the game itself. If only the dev came here once in a while to read out stuff, that would be ever better.

5. calabash11

calabash11 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Here's hoping because I have questions. :)
    Mostly about that Mail Guy and his "Daily Reward" that never seems to work.

6. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Bought this after reading this thread. I agree it's a cute addictive game. It's crashed twice for me when I was in the shop that you get while in the middle of playing on some levels. Both times I was about to buy a weapon. What I would like to see is a way ro tell what it is you're buying before you pay. None of the stats show up until you pay. Sometimes the weapon has been useless and I have left it behind, as the ones I had were better.

7. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    I wpuld like to be able to change the right hand buttons. On the ipad I've found myself jabbing at the weapon swapping button instead of shooting. Im on an ipad air.

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah the weapon stats are only available when you are standing next to the weapon while it's on the ground for you to pick it up. The lack of in game information is literally the only issue I have with the game. Otherwise it's absolutely brilliant.

9. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I bought the Vampire and it's not great. The special ability will only kill one low level enemy. The 2-3 HP gain is nice but it doesn't help much offensively. I know sobriquet likes the Engineer. Has anyone tried the Paladin?

10. calabash11

Dec 11, 2013
    Not yet, but I'm liking the Rogue's dodge ability quite a bit. Really helps when wedged in a corner with Machine Gun Gorillas surrounding you!

11. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Ok so the Vampire is starting to grow on me. It's more of a tactical fighter so I had to change the way I play. The bats can go through walls so there's a lot of hiding behind walls to replenish my health but I just made it to 3-4 which is the farthest I've gotten.

12. calabash11

Dec 11, 2013
    Mail Guy

Hope the devs stop by here soon....not sure what I'm missing/not getting/not doing right with the Mail Guy. What does this even mean? I click it and it vanishes, nothing else happens. I tried saving gold up on a run to "buy" it but learned the hard way that you don't bring gold back to the break room. :p

[​IMG]

13. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    That G is for gems. The blue coins that are used to upgrade and buy new characters. When you talk to that guy, 500 gems should be added to your total.

14. calabash11

Dec 11, 2013
    Thanks, I see it now...ha, can't believe I missed that. Though it is confusing how they word it. Why not simply say 500 Gems? Or just have the gem icon next to it.

15. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    I got the safe, the books, and the pet food! Came so close to fighting the last boss!! I even had a lightsabre (blue) ready for him #
    I bought the $2 revival card because I am having to much fun with this game ##
    If the game devs are reading this please add a coin and gem doubler

16. Silver99

Jun 5, 2014
    I agree. A very fun game. Though I almost stopped playing due to poor progress, and I admit I'm not the best at these, I'm playing again due to the game rewarding me with some cool weapons, plus I figured out some strategies against the bosses.
    My best is still only level 2.4 though.
    A freezing gun plous a good shotgun worked the best of all.
    Frost gun it might've been called. Freeze the boss then step out from behind my rock wall and blast him.
    I've only tried the engineer and the knight so far.

17. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    #117 Boyen, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Finished the game with Wizard, Knight and Alchemist. Or at least finished in normal mode (boss fight in 3.5), after that hard mode unlocks which is really impossible.

Anyway, in terms of boss fights you need some sort of passive defense (magic staff, upgraded magic staff) or active defense (melee weapon destroy opposing bullets, even without the upgrade) and a whole lot of dps. I was always really happy with the laser shotgun with upgrades crit/laser width/shotgun bullets because you can hit bosses from afar and it does a ton of damage. Rocket launchers are always good as well as they also have a burning effect, which is also a good upgrade in general.

Personally haven't had much luck with charging weapons, even fully upgraded.

Many of the starter guns in the chest are excellent. The shotgun is better than some of its upgrades, the AK47 is great too as is the snow fox. Don't pay too much attention to level, there's more factors.

18. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Used my Nimbus and got to the last boss but he bested me (for now).
    I did however get the 4th room item which is a plant.

List of items:
    The books increase crit
    The pet dish increases pet HP
    The safe increases starting money
    The plant boost your speed

19. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The red sniper rifle SOUL CALIBRE absolutely owns enemies especially when duel wield.
    It uses 9 energy per shot so 18 when duel

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Boss c6h806 completely dominates with bombs and lasers galore