Universal Soul Knight (by Zeyang Li)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Absolutely nothing wrong with BOI controls. Quit fudding.

2. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Its a permanent buff that replaces the revive via gems or watching an AD.

You will still only get 1 revive, with this you do not have to sit through an ad for it ever again. But after you die again in the same game, there will be no second revive offered.

I worth it for me, I love this game and bought all IAP too.
    :)

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Loving this and agree with everything said. Can't believe it's free. Bought some coins to support.

Definitely would love an option to take off auto aim.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Awesome game so far, I wish there was a small digital manual that told you what items did. The statue of priest allows you to regenerate energy, each cast with that buff regens about 30 energy.

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Ha! Isaac's virtual controls are horrible, I stopped playing as a result. And it's not just the two of us- a lot of people have been complaining about the controls. They are incredibly imprecise.

In any case, I like the controls here, very responsive although sometimes dodging the bullet hell can be a tad sticky. Only wish there was no auto aim which takes away a lot of the skill.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, still playing with the free characters, but seriously thinking on buying that ticket and the characters (i.e.: all non consumable IAP's). It's very enjoyable.

7. moonsault

moonsault Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Really a good game!

8. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Would be a great game, but needs an option for button customization. (size, and location) iPad Air 2

9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I play BoI on an iPhone 7, beaten Satan, on my way to fight Isaac in the cathedral. The controls are fine. You just aren't any good. Don't blame the controls for your inability to adapt and become proficient in a different control style. The BoI port is amazing. Not saying they don't take some getting used to, but they are far FAR away from bad.

10. Neglectfate

Neglectfate Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Are you really that simpleminded? Just because you do well with it doesn't mean they are good. Of course that goes for the other guy saying the controls are bad. Difference is, you're calling him bad because he doesn't like the controls? Why do you get so offended over someone saying the controls are bad. There has been quite a few people who complained about the controls. I'm sure they aren't all bad.

And for the record, I play just fine with touch screen controls. But using a mfi controller is 10 times better for me.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This "BoI controls are good" VS "BoI controls are bad" comments could go on forever, and each of us has their opinion regarding the controls of BoI, but in my opinion we should get back on topic. Even though I like Soul Knight controls, it would be great if we got a dual stick control option. I find myself moving the right thumb around too many times in this game.

12. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Exactly. I find myself instinctively moving my right thumb to fire. Dual stick would be awesome, also better for aiming at explosive barrels/avoiding them.

13. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Lol, you insult me because I said I thought he may be bad? Listen, I have my opinions, you have yours, however, there isn't any need for juvenile name calling. C'mon man.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm still playing as the original character. It rocks when you find the assassin statue to venerate and combine double weapon with knives.

15. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Small/transparent (sizeable) buttons for iPad please because they're taking up too much space on screen right now and like others said option for proper shooting. Then I'll redownload this and buy all non consumable IAP.

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Statue of knight spawns a knight minion for a brief time.

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Whoa this game is fun....

18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    This game actually reminds me a lot of another Rogue-like on steam, Death State, it was billed as a single stick shooter, there was no dual stick, it just auto aimed at the closest enemy. Hardly see anyone talking about it tho

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    This game is good for sure. But proper dual stick shooting Could take it to greatness. The auto aim now feels lazy, imprecise and will get you killed.

20. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    This game is a keeper. I assume that some of you guys were expecting it. For me, this game was totally unexpected. I freaking love it when a random, good game that's free shows up in the AppStore. Of course I'll support the developer, when I have money.