Universal Soul Hunters (by Lilith Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I have Torsen as well and also don't love his style but I am using him due to the 3 stars. Supposedly a lot of it comes down to matchups as each character has strengths and weaknesses.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow lucky! My fav guy right now is a vampire, he has life stealing skills so hes kind of fun.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #43 Bloodangel, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Not on AppStore in UK :(

U.S. Only? Anyone got an account I can use please?

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    He's my favourite as well!

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I am running into some issues now though as its getting harder which isnt a knock but its just taking some time.

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    What level you up to for your party?
    And what level you up to in the main story?

I finally just hit level 5 main story (though can't 3 star it yet)

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Party level 29 chapter 4 normal and practically the same heroic. Maybe I need to try and advance normal as far as I can and go back to heroic later?

8. FatalT

FatalT Member

May 9, 2012
    If I'm already playing Heroes Charge, is there any reason for me to get into this one? They seem like the same game in a way.

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Everyone's first diamond pull is a 3-star. Torsten is a good one from what I've gathered. Mariana and the big back line archer are also pretty strong. I got leah who is somewhat underwhelming, although plenty useable.

Unfortunately, I did learn that one of the heroes is pay only...a single target caster. Tomorrow, my patience might be rewarded, as I've been saving up diamonds for a 10-pull. Hoping for at least 2 heroes...and for one of them to be 3-star...so that I can finally vary up my style. I've been bottlenecked at chapter 5 for a long time now.

10. Broadcastorm

Broadcastorm New Member

Oct 12, 2014
    This has been confirmed to be the official "Allstar Heroes" for US market with different name, if anyone is interested. https://twitter.com/AllstarHeroesEN/status/615405738194644993 so yeah, this is the real deal for US market and is not going away it seems. I was not playing Heroes Charge just because it may get pulled out of markets due to copyright issues, and simply waited for Lilith Games to officially come to US with their official game.

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Yeah, normal is a lot easier than heroic.
    I'm in level 5 normal but can't even beat final heoric 3rd level map...
    And I'm party level 37 right now though expecting to be able to beat that heroic level by end of day once I purchase some abilities further.

I will say that the drop rate on heroes seems to be pretty crappy though...

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Let me know your luck on that 10 pull. I'm using my diamonds for energy refills twice a day for now...

And what hero is pay only? Only thing in store to buy is diamonds. Where is this hero found? And how much does he/she cost?

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I never got a 3 star on my first pull so not sure how that happened.

14. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Although I've levelled him up to almost max, he seems to be really weak against physical attacks. I'm rethinking my love for him and contemplating taking him out of my rotation and putting in that initial purple guy who seems to deliver some big attacks. But not sure I want to spend all my gold on him..
    Decisions decisions:)

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Agreed I am waiting for him to get stronger sometime but I use his life steal ability and it does decent aoe dmg too.

16. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    #56 nosoup4crr, Jun 29, 2015
    Alastair is his name, I think. Something like it. There's a thread about him in the official announcements. He and his soul stones only drop from the conjuring stone...which is one of a couple features only available through the VIP system.

Edit: the 10-pull got me 2 new heroes (funnily enough, 2 of the ones I mentioned as being strong) -- 2* Mariana and a 3* urestag. I also got enough mordus SS's to promote him. I'm especially happy about Mariana. Urestag is great. But it also means that both my 3*'s are archers. I'm not sure how well that will play out. We'll see.

I do know that my survivability in the crucible went up quite a bit.

17. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Daaaamn. That's VIP level 11...mucho bucko's.
    15,000 diamonds or equivalent of $200 straight up.
    Or monthly pass for 3 years....
    Uh, guess I won't be seeing that feature...EVER

On another note, looks like you got a pretty good pull. I want Urestag. He's always so hard to kill in Arena battles

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #58 Vovin, Jun 29, 2015
    Lol, the first pages of this thread made me laugh so hard...
    The Pentagram is first and foremost a mathematical and astronomical symbol. It means "with five lines" and was invented by the Greek, who used it, afaik, for construction purposes and mathematical science. They also used it as pictogram for the planet Venus, and eventually, the Romans learned about it. Since they worshipped our solar systems planets as "gods", the Pentagram found its way into Roman mythology as symbol of their goddess Venus.
    And nearly every existing old symbol can be found in mythology and can be put into religious contexts, so nobody should use any symbol at all, if you're really that mad about "religious" symbolism. Heck,you should even be mad about the alphabet! Everybody is shoving symbols into your face, on a daily base. Scandalous.
    So, no real atheist would take any offense in symbolism.

19. nosoup4crr

Apr 29, 2011
    Shows up late to the party and tries to drink with the hungover.

20. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I played the heck out of Heroes Charge. It was my favorite "mobile social mmorpg" and I'm level 84 with 45+ heroes, most of them leveled and geared pretty high. I rarely spend money on f2P games, but I the monthly card for 2.99 was a pretty good deal and bought enough of them to get to VIP 5.

The whole time I thought the game was the official US (Global?) version of the Chinese main game, as the HC forums would often refer to the original game for future updates and features that would end up in HC.

When I found out that Heroes Charge had just stolen the game and released it as their own, I didn't want to believe it at first. Then I started reading about the lawsuit and HC had just stopped updating their game with content while they had to scramble to release actual, original features and not just different art assets.

I thought the Lilith Games would just sue for HC to share the profits and declare HC as the "official" US version of the game but they are releasing their own official Global Game. I assume that to mean that the lawsuit is to shut down HC completely since it was a rip-off of the actual source code of the game. There's a million clones out there though, so I'm not sure if that will happen.

I quit Heroes Charge, and it pains me to start completely over again in Soul Hunters, but I feel a lot better playing a game that is not outright stealing from the source.

On another note, Lilith Games was getting sued by Blizzard for using similar character art to DoTA, but it appears Soul Hunters have changed the characters and skills so they might be out of hot water. What a mess!