Universal Soul Hunters (by Lilith Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Somebody copied somebody...that's not debatable. :)
    But I'm enjoying this one immensely

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I play Heroes Charge like every day for a few minutes too so I feel bad man.

3. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I never got into Heroes Charge for whatever reason.
    And I was heavy into the Marvel Future Fight but one day woke up, thought I was just doing a lot of watching and stopped. Poof!

And now I'm starting basically another extremely similar game/concept all over again...sheesh!

I know how my addictive personality works: play non stop, then wake up one day out of nowhere and think I'm wasting time and move on to my next game addiction. It's a vicious cycle!! :)

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I hear you man. I honestly think this game has more charm to it but Heroes Charge is a little bit more polished. But for some reason the charm of this one has grasped me so thats a plus. :)

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I think people just enjoy fantasy. People think mystical lands / monsters are neat. Could be vibrant and soothing, or scary and dark. People love fiction.

Giant rock monsters. Electrical dinosaurs. Giant demons. Hell-ish foes. Wizards, mages and Knights. I could go on..

It's not about devs pushing the religion. It's about what people are interested in. If they were pushing the religion it would be educational, or getting you involved in these magical teachings. Which games never do. If anything most games have you pick. Do you want to be the human knight? The fairy Mage? Or the demon rogue?

I agree some games are suggestive or contain pentagrams but that goes hand in hand with demon themes. That's like me playing a knight but not having a crest on my shield. Everyone knows a epic hero knight must have a signifying crest on his shield! Haha so when I see a demon in my game and a pentagram im like "oh snap a uber magical demon boss that just got summoned from hell"... It doesn't ever shove religion down my throat.

I see your point but it appears your afraid of magic? I don't believe in it but it's quite fun to play fantasy.

Every time I play blood brothers and I get a silver coin to "summon" a demon I don't think I'm doing this evil act that's part of some crazy religion. I think " I'm playing a sweet game and I'm about to get a new powerful ally, just so happens it's a crazy lizard monster ".

The illuminati is not trying to possess us.

It's a game :p

But hey.. What do I know.

I've never played a game that has me DRAWING devil symbols. That would be a bit odd. I don't want to summon a giant three headed bat devil through my iPhone -.-

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Just because you don't believe in something doesn't stop it from being real. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't stop others from believing in it and practicing. You call it fantasy, but we know that humans are not capable of imagining things without a point of reference. My point is, there are people who practice these things, use these same symbols and chants, and put them in their game. I'm not afraid of magic, but I've seen it first hand in close family members and experience first hand side effects- I don't want anything to do with it.

7. waxthirteen

waxthirteen Active Member

Apr 18, 2013
    You're trolling right? Do you really think games that reference demons and witchcraft are made by wiccans and satanists or something? This game is a tool to convert people to witchcraft? You really believe that? I laughed at your first post because I assumed you were goofing but now I think you really believe what you're saying and it's hilarious.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Good, well let the rest of us play it and not take it so seriously then. Perhaps i'll be painting pentagrams later on some churches as i listened to Marilyn Manson this morning ;)

Guns cause a ton of deaths but no one seems to mind them being in games here. But the second you have a pentagram all hell breaks loose (literally) as we'll all be converted to witchcraft. As someone else said, IT'S A GAME ! Come on !!

9. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    You keep adding new things. First is was naked women, then violence, and now guns. You don't need to be converted and start doing witchcraft for it to have an affect on you. I wouldn't expect you to understand, because you don't know this world- I do. Things aren't just done by coincidence- that word was created by people who would like to believe that everything doesn't have a reason behind it. I never said you couldn't enjoy it, my whole point was it would be nice if everyone could keep their religious beliefs out of game development.

Tell me, why would I make a game and and artistically berate myself by doing a theme that millions of others have done? Why would you make anything that doesn't mean something to you. I assume your the same kind of person who sees a company making Wiccan shirts and just says their doing it because it looks cool. Again, I know plenty of people who design things and are satanist and wiccans. They are very open about it, and it's annoying how that's acceptable even though it's religion.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #30 Echoseven, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    You've had your fun.

Can we wrap up this avenue of discussion please, before some bans or warnings need to be issued?

11. Derrythe

Derrythe Active Member

Jan 15, 2012

You're right, not believing in magic and demons and ghosts doesn't make them not real, them actually not being real is what makes them not real.

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    ^ agreed.

Them being not real is what makes them not real. I'm not sure if your statement was stable. You basically said magic is real and that your family practices it and you've seen it first hand. As well as been affected by it.

I'm not going to shut you down because I could be naive for all that matters. As far as I'm concerned science = fact. Also: coincidence is real.

Ran out of cereal this morning. Went to the market and the box I usually get is located at the very back of the super market. Just so happens someone went to buy a box and decided not to, so they left it at the very front of the market. Due to that, I didn't have to walk all the way to the back of the market to pick up my cereal. Coincidence? or a force not to be reckon with.

:p muahhah

13. waxthirteen

waxthirteen Active Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Speaking of cereal, I can't believe they allow them to sell Count Chocula! I simply won't have these vampires corrupting my children with their demonic imagery. I know General Mills are in fact vampires because there is no way they would put that on the shelves if they weren't!

I know people who have been deeply affected by vampirism and I assure it's no laughing matter.

14. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    No, I never said my family practices magic, lol. I've had close friends that do and some relatives that once did, that's why I know about these things. Coincidence is a fairly new term, because before it was cool to be an infidel, everyone understood that nothing happens just because. Science is nothing but theories, and you're still relying on the word of a human being- who could be like for the sake of funding.

When you actually know someone who practices sanaria or Wicca, this person puts the images associated with their faith on the clothing they make and on their blog sites, then you can understand where I'm coming from.

Was that a warning? Didn't mean for the topic to go this far, sorry.

15. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #35 nosoup4crr, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Fun game. I'm not familiar with its predecessor, which apparently ripped it off. But this game is pretty compelling.

It has potential for some strategy...timely skill use and team composition. But, at this early hour, it currently plays like a resource management game. You're trying to upgrade your limited heroes as efficiently as possible. And the upgrading is substantial. I imagine the grind towards the end is daunting enough.

The game is, of course, running a bunch of promotions right now. So, if you're thinking of trying it out, earlier is probably better. I bought the little monthly card, after a day, as a nod to the developer. But I certainly haven't spent extravagantly (all the benefits from that card have yet to be used by me...except for maybe the gold; i don't even use the hero). And I[m still doing comparatively well. So, F2P players shouldn't shy away.

The game has a lot of "stuff." There are tons of areas serving different purposes. increased chances of dropping specific items. Gaining gold and completing quests. It may sound like pure fodder. But, because the appeal of this game is currently efficiently upgrading, they play an important part...and so their diversity is appreciated.

I do worry about the appeal long-term. What's driving me, and I suspect most at this point, is arena. But arena, even at its best, seems to be lacking in complexity. You set your teams against each other on auto=attack. Team composition and upgrades are the only real control over your effectiveness there. PvE gives you the added ability to time your skill-use, which I suspect will eventually play some small part. But, the game seems to be just a grind (albeit a more-compelling one than most) to upgrade heroes. The strategy and personal impact on outcome is minimal. But who knows? I haven't even unlocked everything yet. Will update if deserved.

16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I am enjoying it too I swear it has something pulling me to it maybe the art.

17. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I like it but can see how it is a money sink and grind fest. What did the promo codes provide?

18. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm not sure if it's a money-sink yet. Certainly, the best teams out there are currently ones who've spent money. But it's yet to be seen whether that gap can be bridged. However, I'm basically f2p at this point and am doing pretty well (current team rating is ~5300).

As to the promo codes, I have no idea.

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone have a 3 star character yet? I have a bunch of 2's but thats it so far.

20. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I pulled a 3 star character from my free diamond pull (Torsen - Dwarven Warrior).
    Not sure he's any better of a tank than Elric that you start the game off with. I've levelled him up the most as he's my only 3 star at the moment but not sure yet he'll be part of my main team in the long term..

Wish I knew which characters to invest in/aim for though... :)
    But may just be a case of which characters are the best against other characters and they're all good in their own way....