Universal Sorcery! - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 1, 2013.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You could be right. But 'maybe' it takes a while to create these games. People would moan if there's bugs etc. Poor devs can't win

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, no, he couldn't. Read the developer's post on the previous page. :p

3. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

So, a long time ago, this thread had a long discussion about whether or not there should be a female avatar in Sorcery!

Check out your app updates... there is one now. (Restart your game to pick; but remember, all your finished games will be available to continue into Part 2.)

Also included in the update: the awesome new spellcasting system built for Sorcery! Part 2, and some app integration that'll help you load your save games seamlessly into the next app.

Part 2 due first week of November...!

4. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    How do I join the beta for Sorcery 2? Thanks

5. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #265 Appletini, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Neat. ^_^

Couple of issues: the iOS status bar shows in-game when it shouldn't, and the map when fully zoomed out seems fuzzier and lower-quality than I remember it being (although this may just be perception).

6. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Inkle, thank you so much for your latest update and the news of a selectable female avatar. I can tell you that's going to mean so much to my girls and I imagine at least some other girls too. I so appreciate the work that must have gone into making that happen.

And I'm totally hyped for book 2 now. It can't come soon enough!

7. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Excellent news! Time for a quick run before Kharé!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Roll on first week of November. Khare was always my favourite Sorcery book back then, cant wait to play this new one.

9. mondoz

mondoz Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I'm sure book 2 will be worth the wait.

Can't believe how long ago I played the original book, a few more weeks for the digital version is nothing.

10. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

11. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I played through my copy of Kharé not too long ago and I totally see how challenging it would be for you guys given both the size of the source material and your approach. I am glad that you decided to take the extra time to get things right. I played through the first one several times so I have quite a few cloud save spells to use on this one. Stoked! Oh and the new Spell Globe system looks gorgeous. Thank you for doing these!

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Can't wait, the way you guys pulled of the original so dynamically was pretty impressive. Looking forward to November and thanks for the update!

13. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

This just in: we have a launch date. Set your alarm clocks for November the 7th. The Gates of Kharé will open next Thursday!

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    [​IMG]

15. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Any chance of offer for new release? Or even a lite version to try 1st as it's my 1st time playing this kind of game.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #276 psj3809, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    I think by the number of people impressed by Sorcery in this thread (plus lots of youtube demos) i'll be surprised if they release a 'lite' version. Specially now as the second episode is about to be added

Go ahead and buy it, you wont be disappointed. Agree with the post below, 5 dollars for this game is superb value, if we want quality games like this then people need to buy them and not want 'lite' or cheaper versions. Buy buy buy to support this dev

17. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    It is only $5 for this wonderful experience!

18. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

Have to say, I don't think we will ever do a discount sale.

(Apps are really very, very cheap - half the cost of a book, and one third the cost a cinema ticket (in the UK, at least). Sustaining even a small studio on App Store incoming is not easy, especially when we would rather take our times to make games of standout quality.)

If you choose to play, we really hope you enjoy it. You can even start with Part 2 straight off, which is bigger and better and out in, ooh, right now in New Zealand, I think!

19. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Very good. I'd recommend going so far as to set that No-Sale-Ever policy in stone (as The Coding Monkeys did with Carcassonne), as that would help push those waiting for the "inevitable" sale off the fence. If people know that their options are buying at full price or going without, and they know there's no chance of feeling stung by a price drop a week (or day) after they've bought the game at full price, they're more likely to take the leap with confidence.

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Totally agree with this, use it as a set rule, put it in the description on the App Store will probably help.