Universal Sorcery! 4 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BlackEyedGamer, Sep 22, 2016.

1. loldemort

loldemort Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Has anyone found a way to
    save Flanker? I romanced him and all, but my appeals don't seem to move him when I encounter him in the tower and I seem to have no other choice but to let him kill me or push him out the window before he can attack. Is there a specific spell to use (NAP and DIM seem to have some effect before dissipating) or some action to take that I'm missing? I saw that having the Sun Serpent can save him but I don't have that...

2. The_Sorceress

The_Sorceress Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    You're moving along the right path with the spells.
    Flanker is controlled by powerful magic and you must find the way to counter its hold over him.

3. loldemort

loldemort Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I believe I've tried every spell available to me except
    ROK and WOK, which I'm missing the items for. Maybe I missed picking up a spell along the way...?

4. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Is there a way to have several game saves so you can play with different paths (characters)?

I'm only on S2 and I only have one character. I don't see a way to load a different character.

5. The_Sorceress

The_Sorceress Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #65 The_Sorceress, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    You've missed one! It does need an item and it is in your original spellbook.

6. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    You need to hit him with 3 spells. No particular order, but you need the right 3. Cast any spell not of the 3 and you will fail.

7. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #67 brerlappin, Sep 24, 2016
    Just curious ... from Inkle's site, it says:

"We've one more piece of business to do in the world of Sorcery! - a final update to the series, coming shortly. We'll have more information on that later, but if you've finished Sorcery! 4 already you'll know what we have in store."

Can anyone who finished give us a hint? :)

(Please be sure to use spoiler tags)

8. dannyv24

dannyv24 New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I have the solution for this and it is the only one I know.
    I got cured by praying to Courga.

9. loldemort

loldemort Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Thank you, guys! With your help I was finally able to
    achieve the ending I wanted
    ... It took an embarrassing number of tries before you pointed me in the right direction... :eek:

10. loldemort

loldemort Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I'm not really sure how to "hint" at this but I don't think it spoils anything, either?! Proceed at your own caution!
    It seems they are planning on some kind of new game plus experience to boost the replay value of the series!

11. Enriador

Enriador New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    So here I am, before the great doors of Throben.
    HOW ON EARTH DO I ENTER THEM?! I did cast the first spell successfully (counter to HOT), but have no clue on how to get past the second one.

I'd like if the rewind feature was available - I'd cut out half of my stamina for it. It becomes quite repetitive after a few deaths to return to that damn plaza; maybe if we had more spawn points it wouldn't be so bad.

Also,
    why those of you who let Flanker live back in Sorcery? 1 get all the fun? I'd like to face his undead corpse again! :D

I just killed 2 of the Seven Serpents in my Sorcery! 3 playthrough. Do I meet the others in Mampang? The Archmage's most trusted servants cannot leave the story so easily!

12. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Awesome, thanks so much ... that sounds amazing!

13. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    There are clues to the four spells in several places.
    Just inside the main gate there are four pairs of statues, though the third pair has crumbled. The clue for the third spell can be found in the ruined house in the crater, or from a character you encounter by the stairs to the Throben doors under certain circumstances. Also, investigate all the Towers in the Inner College and make note of any numbers you see (or hear).

14. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    You can save as many times as you like under the same cloud save code. Go back and play S1 again (or rewind back to a point where you want to try something different) and save to the cloud when you finish.

If you have uninstalled S1, you can reinstall it but you will get a different code. I keep a list of all my codes and the best saved games for each.

15. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #75 Kaboobie, Sep 24, 2016
    If you meet the Archmage without some way to defend yourself against the Crown,
    he will tell you it is a Grimalkin containing three items, which point you to the spells you need to counter. But then you will be imprisoned and die, necessitating at least one ZEd reset. Note: this is also the only way I have found to save Jann.

16. anhtrinh

anhtrinh New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Sleepless ram

Hi guys apologize for the possibly stupid question but where can
    the Sleepless Ram
    be found??

I have actually finished the game without meeting it. Or is it actually
    the archmate-goat demon you met near the end
    ?

Amazing game overall, it could be a bit annoying at times without the rewind, especially when you
    fell into the towers area
    . :D

17. loldemort

loldemort Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Ohhhh, duh! When you put it that way I feel like a total idiot! That's what I get for playing this game at 4 AM! XD
    And yeah, the only way I've found to save Jann is to become imprisoned, kill him, escape the cell (taking the key), and then die afterwards, reversing time but still giving you the key to the cell.

Does anyone know if the
    beggar woman by the well in the square does? It seems to be a quest to kill some sightmasters for her, but I've never been able to approach them without their melting away in an alley somewhere. Anyone know what she does?

18. Dolmari

Dolmari Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Did anyone figure out how to remove the magic of the cat's tower and the laughing tower at left of the map? In the cat tower u can learn a new spell TOP, however, cast TOP will push u to death....
    In the laughing tower, u can only laugh and do nothing...

19. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    She can give you three things.
    Kill a Sightmaster and let her lay hands on you for +1 stamina, and if you continue talking after that she will tell you how to identify the Samaritans (Birdmen who oppose the Archmage). Finally, she will give you a potion that can hold three spells. Try taking it with you to the Towers.

To confront the Sightmasters
    you can't be disguised as a guard, or they won't notice you. There is also one in the barracks, who betrayed the Sargeant and caused his fate in S3. You can kill him, but Courga will desert you if he's your god.

20. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    In the Tower of Cats
    you can cast ZIP to escape, but you can't counter PUR as far as I know.

I'm not sure which is the laughing tower, but if it's directly to the right of the cats
    you can collect the dIM spell there if you have the Potion of Magical Dissolution. Again, I don't think you can counter it; you just need to try repeatedly to leave.