Universal Sorcery! 4 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BlackEyedGamer, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Moonkey

Moonkey New Member

Feb 26, 2017
    SPOILERS:
    It is inside the Archmage's tower and there's a crazed goat in there who kills you all the time...one of the good birdmen (they're called the Samaritans of Schwinn and they live in the Low Room just under the tower) flew me into the tower, bypassing the Doors of Throben (maybe if you go through the doors the goat won't be there and/or kill you...?).

2. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    #662 Kaboobie, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    There are several ways to avoid the Archmage imprisoning and then killing you. Most involve taking someone with you whom you met in a previous game (three possibilities). If you go straight to the top of the Tower alone (e.g. with a Samaritan), you need something you can get from the old woman by the well.

3. Andyzero

Andyzero Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Swindlestone Merchant's Clothing?

I've heard one can win the merchant's clothes as a disguise in the tavern. I've tried a few times with a guard disguise and without a disguise, but no go; the merchant just says she's cleaned out and leaves.

Anyone have the specifics?

4. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I did it once but have never been able to replicate the feat. I don't know if it had to do with conversation choices, attire, bet sequence, or something else.

5. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    FWIW I finally played all four games through on merciless and didn't notice any new story options. In your final summary it says: "You are a true adventurer, and survived in a merciless world!"

6. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #666 Kaboobie, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    While I'm here, I thought I would list all the ways you can end the game, to see if anyone has discovered a variant I haven't seen.

1. Return to Analand with the Crown
    2. Return to Analand without the Crown
    3. Stay in Mampang, wear the Crown, and rule
    4. Stay in Mampang and command the armies (requires meeting Cartoum)
    5. Stay in Mampang as Valiquesh's apprentice

I believe all of the above can be done with Aliizi present. With Flanker alone, you can't do #5 because he will kill the Archmage before you can
    force him to read the book
    . With Jann present, you can't do #3 because he counters the Crown.

Also, if Yb'ran is your god, you can't do #4 and have him break Throben's curse. Once you
    signal Cartoum
    it prevents Yb'ran from interceding at the end.

7. MoonKay

MoonKay New Member

Apr 14, 2017
    How I got got drunk and accidentally saved the day.

1. Wander around in circles, being brave about caves. /Did I accidentally cause an outbreak in that one village?

2. Refuse to #### with snakes. Rewind buttoned out and walk the long way round.

3. Rob some guards. Kill them but rewind back into my god's grace. *sigh*

4. Wander around a hole, a bat, and a building FOR AGES. Give up on the idea of digging my way in, finding a secret village, or just avoiding the main gate.

5. FINE, I won't kill the skunk bear murchant. Rewind and ride with some eggs instead.

6. FOUR Statues. I just realised now how import those clues were. Silly short term memory.

7. Kitchen Break - break hearts, break bread, break faces, break vials of potion, steal rations, cook like a boss. (Not in that order)

7.b ignore the trap door. The trap door hates two things. Flour and me.

8. Swagger off and Drink Free Beer!

9. Poop hands (or this is the why I have a goblin manservant), visit a fellow countryman, sleep with the enemy, inspection (without the daggers thanks), wander in search of a place to put my key.

10. Ruins/Got a light? Drink moar! Gamble with a Friend/Freak

(Short Cut? Wander down the other side of the ruins. Keep climbing. Feel loved on Eagles wings.)

Just say no to curses.

11. Off to market ... but a treasury will do. Stamina Boost. Flirt options. Have your sword ready.

12. Meet up with Vik and buy yourself an egg. (I asked all the wrong questions and got arrested once.)

13. Visit why is everything so expensive market.

14. Find an old friend stuck in a rock and ruin the fortune tellers day. (Optional step, probably best avoided.)

15. Find Some Monks with Rats/get my gold on

16. BUY ALL THE THINGS.

17. Talk to that beggar lady. Miss the prompt/say the wrong thing/wander off none the wiser.

18. Have an orange food flash back from the night before and wince.

19. Go back to the grass. Get #1 Eagle to give me a hook up to the towers.

20. Get to the tower with many doors. Catch a ride to the bottom of the spell locked doors.

21. Climb a bunch of stairs and thank the internet for answers. (Still mess up but finally break in)

22. Meet my one true love.
    22.1 loose my arm and die
    22.2 kill him# Rematch. Die again.
    22.3 Nap time for flanker! In an act of desperation cast random spells and end up freeing him from the crown.

23. Visit the library! (See ruins for clues)
    Read some books find a secret door.

24. Grab the crown, kill the bad guy, smash the crown, jump out the window. (Maybe wave your sword first.)

25. Laugh in amazement.

Thank you all for amazing guides, helpful posts, and just being awesome. I've never posted before but I was so startled to finish (I failed to mention my library adventure gone wrong. Pooor dead fairy creature.)

Hopefully this inspires someone to finish and share a really good Sorcery 4! Walk through

8. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    So... is a walkthrough available anywhere? I gave up on the game inside Mampang...

9. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My Walkthrough part 1

Whelp, everybody's doing it, my turn!

Got Locket from Sorcery 1, did the IGN walkthrough for Sorcery 2, except after investigating the Council Chamber with Flanker, I intentionally slept in

the Market to get captured so I could rescue Tomas. I also used the glue stolen from the Chainmaker to repair a gold-backed mirror in Lorag's backyard.
    Did an NBAS run in 6 days using my previous walkthrough. I brought over a Rock Demon Tooth, I turned Ca-Oth down. I worship Y'Bran, who really doesn't

care about your behavior, so I don't know what will tick off Courga or not. He only heals 2 hp, but is available more often than you think, so check

often. He also opens up a lot of options in Mampang.

The Fast Travel trick from Sorcery 3 can be used here, it's less essential than in Sorcery 4, but saves on food and I can do daytime/nighttime events at

will. Fast Travel trick, click once and quickly move the mouse, you should move to the next space only spending one "circle", spending less time.

There's not a timer per se in Sorcery 4 if you aren't caught by the Archmage, but there are a limited number of disguises. You can hide them in the crate

in the building with , but you can't enter that building if you don't have any disguises.

I save spam Steam. My Steam Save folder is at C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\inkle\Sorcery, you can also CTR-S and CTR-O, but be sure to title the saves

with the suffix .json.

Steam saves the last 5 actions you make. Including combat, swindlestones, and dialogue. You can still do the stuff in this walkthrough without this,

but it requires luck and skill.

If interested, my Cloud password is MYCEGA, this is a New Game Plus merciless run.

Safe spots to sleep in an NBAS run. The statue in the square, the fire by the alleys, the PUR Tower, any tower you've deactivated, in between towers in

the College, sometimes a spare room in the alehouse but not always.

Begin walkthrough.

Walking up the hill, there is some undergrowth. If it's daytime, you can fight the Spikehawk to take its eggs for meals (and starving the baby chicks.)

If it's night, even if you fight it, you don't get eggs.

At the caves, look at the hoofprint. Go to the hoofprint cave. There's a "sleeping" creature (Hoofborn) here, it's dead, and it's diseased. Do not

touch it, do not bury it. Best thing to do is cast HOT to burn it.

Move on. Avoid the first bridge, it is a trap. Green moss ahead is edible, tie your rope to the rock, but don't go down it yet. "Up the path", if

it's daytime, rest. If it's night, sleep. You'll want it to be day to go to the hoofborn village. First time you sleep, you'll be visited by Flanker if

you saved him back in 1. If female, you can start pursuing a romance.

During the day, you can look at the scratches and pour blimberry on them to learn more about Colletus. Or if you hav Glandagor's message back in 1

because you gave him his axe, and some charcoal you can make a rubbing. (His message is waterproof, apparently)

Go west, look at the tracks, and stop or look up. You'll meet the hoofborn. Let them know you discovered one of their companions, but she's dead. Feel

free to tell them what you're doing, and that the Archmage is evil and you will destroy him. Ask if they suffer under him. Ask who Shi'ori is and

follow them.

When you meet Shi'ori their leader, mimic the gesture, let her know you found their dead comrade. Say it must have been difficult, and that you burned

the body. She'll confirm that was the best thing to do. Let her know you're on a quest that will greatly hurt the Archmage. You took care of his

Serpents. Ask permission to enter the village.

At the fire, cook any raw food you have, don't eat the cooked food, but accept the food the Hoofborn offer. Talk to them, ask about the archmage,

suggest he's afraid. Go to the watchpost, talk about Birdmen and their nests, and how the Hoofborn cannot have children. Go to the store, greet the trader, buy the blessed spear. Don't worry if this takes all you gold, you'll get LOTS more later. I'm not sure what the bottle of ambergrind does, but he also sells Firewater, and an apple.

10. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My walkthrough part 2

Talk to Shiori, ask about birdmen and the way into Mampang. You can ask about how they were his experiments, but this seems rude. Leave. Give your word to keep the secret. Destroy the rope with HOW to learn it counters FIX. (It's a vampire rope anyways).

Go east to the The Whispering Bridge. Start to walk across. Call out a name, Colletus, wait, and his spirit will appear. To do this right, ask him about himself, say you're not just a traveller, what would he know about it?, he was a healer? Ask him to heal you, what can you tell me about Mampang?

Where is the Archmage? Tell me how to aid you, Be Calm, I will heal this land, with my God. Y'bran impresses Colletus enough to help you, and you can pass, and even give you a blimberry potion. Do it this way, and you can cross the bridge AND return on it. Do so.

Go back west to the rope ladder and climb down it. A birdman will attack. Leap down, cast fAL, and on the ground cast KIN to kill the birdman without a fight. Or use the ladder east of here to encounter a goblin in a wig. Easiest way to get past this is ZIP into the air and fAL down.

If you're playing the first time around, you will be contacted by Libra here, and she'll explain she was behind the ability to rewind. This will not happen on a Merciless New Game+.

Move East and start climbing and examine the carving to learn the ZOB and SOB spell, cast SOB to learn it summons a Snatticat. Examine the two carvings to learn they are counterspells to each other. (I have not found any situation where this applies to anything, but you get credit for learning this.)

You have to go back.

Go back west. When you get to "The Valley", go up. Go to the stone tower, look at it. Approach, there is a troll. Approach him. This is a fight.

Probably the strongest in Sorcery 4. You can cast FOF to make your defense at 0 impenetrable, SAP to weaken him, and ZIP to damage him. He's a tough

fight. But you can cheese him with FOF.

Enter the tower. Search the ruins, get a cloth. Examine it, it's a Monk Habit, and your first disguise. First time you rest, you'll have flea bites, but no other effects. (Also, having this doesn't take away the robe in the Church of Effe later.) If it's nighttime, you won't be able to see it, so sleep, or go do the Haunted Inn and come back.

Climb the stairs. Yes, even if there aren't stairs. Step over the edge and keep climbing. It's a Beacon tower! Look around, look at everything. Go to the beacon, mess around with it. Touch the blue crystal. (Big no no in Sorcery 3 for a NBAS run, but it's okay here, the Archmage has the settings locked.)

Talk to the figure, and find out that the Beacon is funnelling time out of the Baklands into the Archmage himself to extend his life. Go back to the

beacon and smash it. The upper tower is now gone. Go out and go West. Pass the trap bridge from the other side, ignore it, keep going west.

It's the Haunted Inn. Easiest way to open the door is to cast SIX and pull it open. Inside, you can cast fAR to get some visions. Go into the hallway, then the large room. Check under the bed for some Fire Water. I like stomping on the sagging floor to go straight to the basement. Look around, pick an apple for food, examine the mushrooms. Do not eat them, they're covering a human hand. Cast FOG and SUN and FOG and FOG to learn the counters. Cast ZEN or ZIP to get back. Go to the Private Room, examine the furnishings, look in the mirror, look at the best, read the note. "A fake?" go into the hallway. You'll meet two ghosts. An OBVIOUSLY EVIL little girl, and a depressed man. Be polite. Say you don't trust the girl. At this point,if you don't have a silver weapon (Silver Sword from S2 is best), you may as well leave. Otherwise, go to the common room. She wants you to cast the spell to release her. Say you won't do it, and she'll start turning into a Deathwraith. Kill her with a silver sword. (Or you can release her, she'll leave; you can find her again, but won't be able to kill her without a silver weapon.) If you kill her or release her, you will get a human hair wig early, though. Talk to Fildrick (the guy ghost) for more backstory, and leave.

(There is a bug here. Sometimes, you cannot damage the girl even if you have a silver weapon. Flee, or release her to get the blonde wig, you'll fight her again later and there's no bug there. After several playthroughs, I am pretty sure you need all three silver weapon; sword, chain and bow) to avoid this bug. )

Go back east and then climb up. There will be a nest along the trail. Climb up to it, there's a Birdman next here. If you search, you might get an item, if you don't have it already. You either fight the Birdman or cast SOB, which is another way to learn the spell. (Note, if you use KID and pretend to be the Archmage, you'll discover this Birdman wants to KILL the Archmage. You shouldn't fight this one.)

Move on to the crater, go right; use the monarch oil from S3 on the lynch bug to leave peacefully. ...use it on yourself to...uh....well, I suppose that's peaceful too. Go into the crater, and towards the fissure to investigate the smoke. Listen, cast RAP, and talk to the ghosts. Tell them they're dead, offer to help, and they'll give you a Holy Water. Now, if you've got some spare Holy Water, cast Res, and pour it down the vent. You'll hear chanting and a scream. I'm...really not sure what this does, but it seems too specific to not be anything.

If you have a silver weapon, cast NAP and draw your cloak tighter. When you feel a hand, sit up. It's a Deathwraith. If you released the girl in the Inn, it's her. If you didn't, it's an unrelated one. Now you have the option to use your silver sword even if there was a bug earlier. Only spell that works is WOK.

11. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My walkthrough part 3

Enter the cabin, there's a "Brightspark" plant growing near it, picking it doesn't do anything. Go in and pray for a healing, examine the walls, sleep if it's nighttime. Then search the walls (the third Throben spell is invisibility) and leave. If you encounter a guard troop here, hide or cast YAZ.

Head towards the Fortress. When you are told "there is magic here" cast YAZ. . There's a chatty guard up ahead, listen too long and the spell goes away and they see you. I think if you have a disguise you're okay with walking nonchalantly through. This is likely very different if the Archmage knows you are coming.

Intersection. You can go west, climb onto the side entrance, knock, wait, throw a rock to enter, or go east, and mug a merchant for their outfit and cart. For the most story, let's do the merchant. (You can get another monk outfit in the Temple of Effe dormitory)

Go east, talk to the merchant. Ask what they're selling. (Furs.) Bribe them or Mug them. This is a fist fight. The merchant only defends, so you can 0.1 whittle their health down, until the last HP, then they attack. Go all out then. Search for some gold, take the cloak, take the cart, and go back

to the gate. The guards will ask what you are selling. Furs. Enter. (You could bribe the merchant for 50 gold, if you have that, but you'll need to

cast YAZ or NIF because the guards will check the cart. And you won't get merchant disguise)

You are now inside. If this is a merciful or first run game, you can no longer rewind.
    Count the statues. 4 and 4. Look them over. Each represent a spell. First statue is dOC. If you touch it, you get healing. Opposite statue is HOT.

Don't touch it, but the fact they're opposite means dOC and HOT are counterspells. Next statue group is fAL and ROK (again counterspells), and the last is RES and ZED. (Again,counterspells.) You don't get credit in your spellbook for this, though. Yes, that's only six, you can't read 2 of them at all.

(Since these are the Throben Door spells, the missing statues would be TEL and YAZ. Maybe one of the missing statues are invisible?)

We're going to stock up on food first. Go up and look at the trading network, and then go East into the Kitchen. Stride in like you own the place, and talk to the head chef, Throg. He doesn't let just ANYONE touch his larder, you know. Tell him you want food, smile and nod, then tell him you are a chef.

Let's go talk to Filk. She's fallen in love with you. If you want her to stop, tell her right away. I really don't mind and like to flirt. Follow

along and follow the rules. We know how to cook, naturally. Go get a knife. Test it. Sharpen it. Go to the block and remove the rotten vegetables and

chop them finely. Go get a pot, take the new pot, and threaten and hit the goblin who gets in your way. Go to the fireplace and stir. Go get spices.

The "proper" ingredient is the Red Eyes Tears on the shelf; put that in, taste it, spit in it, tell Throg you its Roachpig, Throgg thinks you are an amazing chef, and as his favorite you can go into the larder, grab some food and look at the shelves for some giant teeth if you don't have any. You can also use the poison from Vangorn the Murderer to kill Throgg.

I'm not going to take this tunnel, I just wanted supplies.

If you continue, follow the tunnel. There's a grate with guards, this is how to get out. The latter passage is a deadend. If you have a guard outfit, you can get them to get you out. Or you can cast KID, illusion rats, then Zen up and out, and you're into the main city) We never see Flik again.

Having dazzled the kitchen, I leave the original entrance. Uh oh, it's the sap I suckerpunched to get the outfit to enter. Don't talk to the merchant and just keep moving, and he won't notice. Go west into the barracks.

There's a conversation going on, listen, and they'll be talking about the "Samaritans of Schinn" aka Birdmen who managed to give birth to their own, and

are breaking free of the Archmage's grasp. Now, you can just move on, or if you enter, cast NAP to make them go to sleep and leave. Or cast gOD, pretend to be their captain, and inspect them. They'll tell you about the rogue sightmaster in the other room. Then they'll ask if you want to see their daggers. This is a trap, say you don't, and then leave.

Move on. We're next to the toilet. Enter, use the noseplugs, and cast GOB to summon a goblin to explore the latrine He'll give you a key, have him clean it. Leave.

The north door leads to a guard barracks where you can get a guard outfit. (Guard outfit and not a guard outfit are pretty much the only things you need)

in a NBAS not caught run.) Look at the cots, look at the bundle, knock out the guard, search everything for a guard disguise if you, and some flavor text about how there are a different set of guards for each part of the city. Go along the hall.

This room has a traitor Sightmaster, the one who betrayed the Sergeant. Cast TEL for flavor text, cast gOD, ask him about stuff, forgive him, have him sleep, search the room for an item and leave. Go out into the yard, and examine the door. (Don't mess with the crates)

The door is trapped, don't turn the handle. (Cast GOB if you want to see what it does) Use the key from the latrine, cast DOP, and let the guards through. (They don't want to be trapped in outer wall detail) ZOB alert, you can use ZOB if you have a crystal tooth to kick the door open, but this isn't a good use of it; it alerts the Archmage to your presence.

You are now in the wheat field! There's a snake, a friendly scythe-man farmer, and a beehive in a stump.
    If you're gonna mess with the beehive for wax, talk to the farmer first so he'll live, otherwise the bees will attack him. Breaking the stump ticks them off, burn something to hold them off, pray, run. The power of Y'bran disappates them. If your hp goes down to 0, you'll wake up in the Temple of Effe.

Go through the door, and you'll meet Throben. If you didn't do a NBAS run, he'll give you a curse, when if you die, you'll go back in time to where you

cast the spell; but with all your items intact. If you did do an NBAS run, he will give you the option of whether you want this or not.

I go back into the field. There is a serpent. Cast LAW to send it away or kill it. If you want to fight, cut down some wheat for room, FOF is available.

Go to the ruins at the bottom of the field. Search the grass, open a trap door, examine everything and then set fire to the papers to read about the prisoner in the Hidden Library where you need to knock twice and pray.

Go to the spire at the end of the field. Don't pray there unless you want to lose your god in exchange for max HP (there's a better source later).

Sleep, and a mysterious hooded figure will appear. They'll say they always loved you; and will tell you that they was made to love you, and possibly

kill you? Also they'll give an future vision, either of Throben, or if you got past him, the Demon Goat. On to the Wizard College

At the entrance, gather some sand. Go into the first tower. You start smiling. This is the dIM tower. Use the potion of Disolution, and it is complete. There's no way to counter this tower, just keep trying to leave. Go out the East Door.

The East Tower is the JIG tower, with dancing zombies. Cast DUm to counter it.

Go to the Nearby tower. It's the Sleepless Ram. We've been hearing about this guy. Look around, cross the room. It charges, no time for singing. Dodge, stand, sing "Gentle Ram Lay Your Head" or cast SAP, look around, look at the skeleton, look in its pack for a blimberry and a key. Dodge. Try to unlock the door. Pray. Leap onto the ram, leap off. Leave.

Next, we find a shoddy wall. Use the kitchen knife on the wall, kick it, charge it. You are now in the GOB tower. Cast DUD to counter them. Search the room to get the key, and leave through the east door. (It should be noted that if you got the silver key from the goblin mines in Sorcery 1, that works too; the game comments that Goblins all use the same key)

Leave. The goblin hoarde will follow, if you just watch they'll run past you, but if you draw your sword you can fight one.

The next tower is the ZED tower. You have to cast RES and pour holy water on the lock as a counterspell to enter. Or for some reason cast ZIP.

Everything in this room resets. IF you have the ZED curse, breaking the hourglass here will free you. Otherwise there's nothing in here.

Leave. From here on, if you want to enter the ZED Tower, you can cast ZIP outside it.

12. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My walkthrough part 4

Next...it's the DOP Tower. Look at the Skeleton. Take the bronze ring from it. If you want, you can cast RES for a tip out, but that's not needed.

Open a random door. Open another door. Watch if you want, but don't enter. Open a door. It's an empty hut with a girl singing. Aliizi. Listen. Step outside. Step back. Aliizi will see you and follow. Ask for a fortune, and she'll tell you that you proceed, you need the help of one whose grave you've already walked over. (We're doing that right now) She will eventually enter a door at random. (Sending her to the Alleyways) Don't follow, or you'll end up in the northern guard quadrant instead. We still have stuff to do here. Cast fAR to counter the tower. If you want to talk to the skeleton, cast RES, cast RAP, tell him he's dead. Ask what happened.

We're going East. Go to "The Tower" and there's a sphere covered with a black cloth. This is the TEL tower. Cast fAR here will show us using the skull cap. Cast YAZ to deactivate it. (TEL) on an invisible door. (The Throben door.)

Exit, go Southeast. This is the gOD tower. A beautiful woman claiming to be the Goddess Libra appears. Y'Bran will say it isn't. Cast NAP to counterspell.

It's a Goblin with a wig, the other way you can get a blonde hair wig. He'll claim to be from the GOB tower. If you threaten him, he'll give you a wig. He doesn't do anything, so killing him would probably upset Courga. You can also talk about how he tried to kill you if you encountered him using the Rope Ladder early in the game before entering the city.

Northwest is the SIX tower with six duplicates of yourself. Cast KIN to remove them and counter.

West is a tower with a crack in it. It's the WAL Tower. Cast POP to counter and get past.

The next tower makes you "giddy", it seems to be shrinking, but it is you who are growing, it's the BIG tower. There is no way to cast YOB here, so either prop the ceiling using your magic spear, or wait until you get angry, bellow, punch, punch the north wall, punch the south wall. No more tower, so you can pass easily.

There's two towers we missed, so go back north and go to the Near Tower. This is the HOW tower. You can get a blood candle, as much good as that will do. (None) Talk to the creatures to eventually It can tell you a clue about the last spell of the Throben Door. You can cast dOC if you need healing.

Cast FIX to get out.

Go EAST to the FOG tower. Lighting a blood candle would be bad. It will show you blades, but twist the light so you walk into them. The more you bleed, the stronger it gets until you die. So cast SUN instead to counter. and smash the Grimalkin.

Go back to the HOW tower past the arguers, and go to the Junction.

Go west and smell a terrible smell. the NIF tower. Use your noseplugs. Look around, fall down a pit, look at the Skunkbear. Keep getting the bundle. When you open it, cast HUF to counter the stench, then either escape, or kill them. (Yap shows they're pretty crazed, so it's okay) Cast ZAP twice to kill two, and take the other on in combat.

Go west. This tower says "Can't see me here." on the wall and is "protected and safe." mAG? No spells can be cast here. Move on.

The next tower has a shield around it. Look through, you see a table with Sand, which is a clue. This is the FOF Tower, and mUD counters it. There's a paper inside saying the "Great Artifact" can be countered.

The next tower has statues. ROK Tower, then. fAL counters. ZOB alert, it's a waste, but it and YOB can break a statue.

Go south, just one more tower. The Wall Tower by the entrance. If you listen, you hear "scratching and mewling" giving a clue that this is the PUR tower. You cannot cast TAR here, cast PUR (or ZIP) to enter. You can play with cats, but they won't let you leave. Cast fAR, and it will show you dying of old age, playing with cats. Cast YAP to have an unenlighening converation. Cast ZIP to leave.

It's now time to end all need of money. Go back out the north door, and follow the wall east to the monastary. These monks of Effe worship gambling.

And I know how to save and restore my games using Steam. Enter the monastary, in the courtyard, you can cast RAP and YAP to learn they are counters to each other. Then go to the dice chamber.

The monk here will gamble swindlestones with you. Even if you have no money, they will loan you 10 GP. I abuse save spam here to the fullest. Now, when you win, you can up the ante of the bet. You can keep doing this until you increase it by 50. After this, just play and don't raise the ante. Keep doing this until you have 1500 gp or so, more than enough for the rest of the game. Some folks like doing the Rat Race, but that takes up game time, and I don't like doing that.

Don't feel too bad about this, if you go into the back of the monastary and listen to the Abbot's service, cast NAP and you'll discover a lot of people were hypnotised with a gOD Grimalkin. However, only do this if you need another monk habit.

Now, we're going shopping! Leave the monastary, and head east for the square. Go to the market. Weapon shop first, you can chat with him, but the

important thing is the Cutlass, which is +6. Even the legendary sword and Assassin's sword were +4. It's 600 gold, but that's not a problem. (If have

the gems from the well from Sorcery 3, you can try to sell them to the Pedlar, who will tell you to sell them to the Weapon Seller) Do so, and he'll trade the cutlass for the gems.

Now let's go to the pedlar, but anything he has that we don't have. For me, it was some glue. Perfect for the GUM spell.

The Tents have the Fortune Teller, who has a line you will NEVER get to the end of. His name, however, is Whyde, a reference to the original gamebook.

You can talk to his corpse if you have ZED near the endgame and get caught by the Archmage. I'm not doing that.

There's a stall for The Hawker, they sell admission to the "Stone of Secrets" which actually has the soul of Shadrack, he'll tell you about the Vault.

However, since I'm dressed as a merchant, the hawker won't let me in right now.

Going to the archway by the square now. Here is a trap of the game, it involves the disguises you have. The Side Chamber allows you to stash disguises, but you have to be wearing one to enter. Don't stash all your disguises, or you will be stuck.

NW Guardroom tells me she's guarding the Vault if you ask, putting "Vault" under clues.
    The Side Chamber lets you stash diguises, but you can't get into the building if you're not wearing a disguise. Don't run out.

I head to the sign saying Nylock. She's talking to someone. If you keep listening, you'll discover she's talking to Vik, the slaver from Sorcery 2.

Vik's a slimy character, but play along with being his friend, and he'll teach you the secret weakness in the werewolf armor in Mampang. You can buy some stuff from Nylock, the compass if you don't have one is probably the most useful.

Let's put the costume into the Northwest chamber, I need to be uncostumed for the next part. There's a long hallway east, we'll come back to this later.

Leaving.

Heading east into the Alley. You may encounter Red Eyes here. The easiest way to get past them is in a monk costume, and bless them. The second easiest is if you answered a question at Slang's temple in Khare. Say you are from Khare, and they'll ask the priest's name. Say "I don't know." or you can give a wrong answer, grab one as a shield, and kill the other.

In the east square, go to the food court, I purchase something, and then when I leave, I'm be accosted by 3 Sightmasters. Approach them. They'll say they're spies for Analand, but they are really trying to trap you. Don't accept their coat, and they'll attack. The easiest way to take them out is ROK. Not ONLY does one casting work on two of them, but you can threaten the third, AND get 4 helpings of rock dust by smashing the first 2. (You could ROK the third one too, but he doesn't rat you out to the Archmage, so it's not necessary.)

Now that we have Sightmaster blood (well, dust) on our hands, let's go back to the Square.

13. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My Walkthrough part 5

It was nighttime, so I headed to the inn to sleep. Bought some food, talked at a table, if wearing a guard otufit pissed off a dark elf, had a fist

fight (0.1 whittle), stole his pearl ring, beat a Merchant at Swindlestones, bought an alle got the attention of a skeevy pretty boy half-orc. Followed him to see what would happen, and got jumped. I prayed to Y'Bran, and struggled out of the hold of his flunkies by hurling one across the room with divine strength, then fought the other to death. Pretty boy ran. Tried to get a room, but there were two black elves trying to kill each other in it.

Okay, back to the Square for real. We're looking for the beggar. Using my plot powers, I know she's gonna be real happy we killed those Sightmasters. I

decide to do a good deed and check out the prisoner at the pillory at the northeast of the square. Give him food, get some info, then cast RAZ and slice through the pillory itself.

Head to the west side of the square, then talk to the Beggar. Greet her, give her a coin, who is she? The Sightmasters torment you? You hate the Sightmasters? I could help you. I have killed a Sightmaster. Let her touch me. I have some questions. I'm told the Archmage cannot see the Throben Doors, Does the Sightmaster have any enemies? How can they be identified? (Ask about their mothers) Take the vial, thank you. Now this vial can hold spells. We're going to want to have it contain spells that are the counterspells to the spells of the Crown of Kings. The Crown of Kings uses gOD, KID, and TELL,so we need NAP, dIM, and GAZ. Those are found in the College, towers on the left and right of Mampang that each represent a spell.

Going to head to the East College.. There's a guard, but they aren't there at night.

Each tower in the College represents a Spell. USUALLY casting the Counterspell gets you past it, but not always, and sometimes it kills you.

The Black Tower is the TAR tower. TAR is countered by PUR. Casting PUR gets you in.

Okay, this next part....can kill you easily. Inside the Tar Tower, is a dark stone block. Touching it gains maximum hp and attack power, but do it too much, and you die. You can get more power if your max HP is less than 19, I believe.

Moving on, I drop a pebble into some water inbetween the towers, and go to the East Tower.

This tower has a swamp inside it. This is the mUD tower, and FOF cancels the spell. We're not done, though. There's still a bubbling puddle with a monster inside. Toss a rock in to tick the monster off.
    Once it appears, cast KIN to weaken it. Fight. After the fight, cast POP to finish draining the water.
    Gather sand, explore the swamp, get some raw fish to cook later. Enter the hut. Read the papers, whoever was experimenting with the spells was killed by the monster. He mentions "Valiquesh." That was the name of the girl in the fAR vision in the haunted Inn.

Moving on. The West Tower from here is covered in bugs. They won't attack you. This is the LAW tower, so cast mAG to counter it from the door. They'll

attack after you do so, so cast it at the doorway and flee. Go back, the bugs are back, but under the spell. You can walk right through them.

Heading North, the door closes at a great strength. This is because of a wind inside the door. This is the HUF tower. Cast NIF to neutralize, enter, and take or smash the galehorn.

The South East tower is the fAL tower. It's a bunch of spikes. There's sigil in the ceiling at the middle, but hard to get to. Cast FIX on yourself.

The sigil is II, but now you're stuck. Cast HOW to undo the fix. Casting ROK would undo ZEN, but you would fall into the spikes. I have found you can

can ROK while FIXed to the celing to learn the ROK-ZEN counterspell, but then I'm stuck. Is there a non-ZED way to get out? Of course, casting ZEN at the ROK tower on the opposite side teaches this.

North of this Tower, there are two giants. A giant skull on the ceiling drops teeth, which turns into more giants. This is the YOB Tower. Casting BIG

removes a giant, cast it twice and run. You can grab at least one giant tooth. Cast Big until there are no more giants, cast ZEN. Float to the skull, grab more teeth (6 of them!); or break the jaw the prevent the room from summoning more giants. (This releases all the teeth, leave the room immediately)

North of this Tower, there is a chest in the middle. It's a trap. It's actually the POP tower, with several charged pebbles that will explode if you touch them. Prod the ground to get the option to cast a spell. WAL will counter POP. Look at the dirt floor to take some pebbles, walk to the chest, get a note that gives clues to the spells that make up the Throben Door) leave.

North tower, you meet your mirror image. It's the KIN tower. SIX breaks the mirror as the Counterspell, but there's some other stuff we want to do first. "Who are you?" "How did you come here?" "Are you a creature of magic?" "Do you know about spells?" "Do you know the ZED Spell?" "Do you know the ROK spell?" And she will answer with the counterspells to each. (But you won't get credit in the spellbook) Now cast SIX. You can just mess around peacably to let them go by keep asking questions, or destroy them. Upon their death, she turns into mirror fragments, so this isn't a "you kill them you die" situation. (In the battle, their tells are switched too, if they act like they're going to attack, they defend. If they act like they're going to defend, they attack.)

North is a ticking tower. This is the NAP tower. This is one of the spells we want for the Potion of Disolution, so use the bottle. Now cast gOD to counter the Tower and leave.

North of here is the Invisible tower, the tower of GAZ. This is the second spell you want, so use the Potion of Disolution. There is a secret here.

This is a spot where you can cast the hidden spell TOP. It will take you straight to the Archmage's Lair. (I am so not ready for that right now) You will need the wig, either from the Haunted Inn, or from the Goblin in the gOD tower from the other side of the College. You can cast TEL to counter this spell, and enter the tower to take a pearl ring from the Grimalkin inside, but if you do this, you no longer have the option of casting spells here, including TOP.

14. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My Walkthrough part 6

leaving now, I'll try to find the towers I missed too.

The Crystal Dome is the fAR tower. Casting HOW and SUS lets the spells be philosophical about the future. Touching the dome gives a vision, casting DOP counters the tower.

Going east of here leads to blackened ruins. This is the HOT Tower. ....don't touch the stones. Look at the Ruins to see the I glyph. (This is the first spell on the Throben door) Pour dOC blimberry to counter it, but I drank 2 dOCs to heal myself first from all the spellcasting. You can also use this to cook meat. Back to the fAR tower.

The Bright tower is the SUN Tower. FOG counters it but you won't learn the counterspell, but if you want to shut the tower down, ZAP will destroy the mechanism.

The Squat Fetid room is the FIX tower. There's a frozen Hydra inside. You can kill it easily, because it's frozen. Casting HOW counters the spell and kills you, because the Hydra one-shots you. I have not discovered a way to learn how to do this and survive without ZED. (You can learn FIX-HOW in the ZEN tower, though) You can cast RAZ and WOK together here to learn they are counterspells.

Back at the entrance, this time I take the West Path. The Giant metal door tower is filled with fire, but we've already seen the HOT Tower, haven't we?

This makes this the KID tower. So it's illusionary flames. Cast dIM to counter it, take or destroy the bone bracelet to remove the mechanism.

Going North, the West Tower has a table with a bone and a broken cup on the ground. SUS says the room is enchanted, but very subtle. You can leave no problem. Casting JIG doesn't seem to do anything, implying this is the DUM tower. (and I know the JIG tower is in the Western College.) It says you are satisfied if you leave, instead of not impeded if you cast JIG. East back out of the tower.

The north tower is the SAP tower. You have to constantly inch towards the door. This takes a while After you get out, you can cast PEP or SUN or GOB

and hold the Goblins hand before entering to immediately go through...or you can wear the blonde wig. (Yeah...).

The Glowing Tower is filled with treasure. Yeah, like it would be that easy. Besides, I'm rich already from the Church of Effe. This is the DUD tower.

Cast GOB to counter it, and you get one coin! Go North

This is the RES Tower. With skeletons that constantly come to life. You can talk to them, fight them, etc. Easiest way to get past them is to gOD them and go to the altar, look at III glyph (meaning RES is the third Throben spell) get some holy water, and destroy the whale to deactivate the tower. The counter to RES is ZED, and yeah, we're not doing that.

I think these are all the towers in the Eastern College. If I missed any, let me know.

Now we're going to go through the Vault. We're going to need to talk to someone first, though. Since I'm no longer wearing a merchant disguise, I can

talk to the Hawker in the market in the tents. The stone is Shadrack, a hermit from Sorcery 3 who I never met because I did a NBAS run. The Archmage's servants are killing him, but he's astrally projecting into the rock. He'll give hints and tell you about the vault.

Head back to the temple of Effe, head west then north into the side street. There's some guards here. Hide in the warehouse, avoid the guards, cast PUR for a distraction. Head for the exit. Cast LAW on the captain to counter her mAG spell. Cast JIG and kill her for her disguise. I searched the warehouse, but couldn't find anything. Maybe there's an item if you don't have one. (I was afraid at first that letting those tguards go would alert

the Archmage, but apparently not.)

Now, there's someone I want to talk to that we could only do by getting rid of these guards, but she doesn't trust guard uniforms, so we're going to have

to stash this one. Go through the Broken buildings back to the square, back to Nylock's building. Swap the captain's outfit for non-guard outfit.

Go back to where the guards were, and go west. A woman will run out of a building and slam the door closed. Lok at her. Ranii Golandhi, pirate; who currently screwed over some goblins. If you rescued Tomas from the slave ship in Sorcery 2, she'll mention that. He's a privateer captain now, doing raids, letting merchants go who he plunders, etc. She wasn't happy with his honor so left. Stay neutral, and keep talking to her. She wants to steal the Crown of Kings! Try to stay somewhat neutral in talk to her and eventually those Goblins will attack. Cast TEL to learn the secret word from Ranii to enter the vault, than JIG to occupy as many Goblins as possible. Keep playing to make most of them collapse in exhaustion. You'll still need to fight one though. Ranii ran, but I know where to.

Before we do that, though, I want to do a side-mission.

South of Nylock, at the southern edge of the square, there's a building that says TREASURY. Yes, this is a trap, it's filled with Hunger Games-esque nobles who want to watch you put on a deadly show, giving challenges while they bet on the outcome. If you do REALLY good, and be a good little monkey, they'll share some of the life force they've stolen from previous contestants who lost. There is...another option.

Enter, look around. Follow the slime trail. Look at the glass, wave for attention, call out. You'll see them above watching through a pane of glass.

Throw something at them to get their attention. They'll open a door, enter, and the trial begins.

The Gloomy Chamber has a Mucalytic inside. They breath a gas that's poisonous, so use Nose Plugs. For a good show, attack it and keep stabbing it, then

look at the glass. Otherwise you can circle it and open the door to leave.

Next room, look at the glass, wave at the crowd. Keep walking.

Next room is a hallway, with a SUN spell being cast at you. casing FOG will counter it AND show the counterspell. Look up at the spectators. Move down

the hallway, pick up the Sun Jewel from the Grimalkin.

Look up, look around, look at the bird. It will go along the path, then turn into trees. Do the same thing. You'll step on something, look down, it's a Jaguar! Draw you sword, duck, leap up...and now you have a choice of whether to cast a spell or fight.

Here we have a choice of whether to be mild or SPICY. To follow the script, either fight or cast YOB. Bow, and be teleported to the snobs. Eat some food, talk to the people, talk to the old man. Thank him and he will share some life energy they stole from previous contenstants. Talk to the treasurer

for some info that we already know.

Boring. Let's be SPICY instead! cast ZOB. (You'll need a Rock Demon Tooth from Sorcery 3) This summons a Rock Demon, whose very presence....well, it screws the building up, sending nobles crashing into the jungle to break their necks or be eaten by jaguars, including the Treasurer. Look around to pick up some cash, then leave. You won't get the life force, but you'll definitely get some satisfaction.

As I left, I was in an alley that you never go to again, and decided to sleep. Someone asked me who they were, so I said Flanker.

We're going to the cursed alley. Go right to the bonfire. Go into the alley. Turn either right or left, it doesn't matter. Go back intothe alley. Keep

walking, approach the house. Knock, no one home. Enter.look around, go upstairs, don't take anything. When the woman (Molka) calls out, come down. Be polite, accept food, play swindlestones, ask questions, get a guard outfit. Leave. See Aliizi aka Briarpatch, aka Sorceress Bria just as the door closes. THIS activates her for the endgame. And she'll talk to you next time you sleep.

Back to the plot, we're headed to the vaults. Go to Nylock's yard. We want the regular guards outfit. Head down the hall. There's a pile of wood and a door. DO NOT MESS WITH THE WOOD, it's nasty stuff. Set it on fire and stand back, then go to the door and kick it down.

Go down the stairs, go through the door. Meet the mutants. Greet them. I haven't found anything I can do but threaten them. Their champion will challenge you. Cast KIN twice to kill the champion, KIN once and then SUN once to weaken him for a first fight if you don't want to kill him. I haven't found anything I can say to help the mutants.

Go to the oily room. Step forward, you'll kick something. Look for it. Listen. Step forward, get talking until you can walk through, step on the glass, get the key. (This unlocks the non-Throben gate to the northern part of the city.) Back away, and listen, and you'll see it is another Mucalytic. Use

Noseplugs. TEL tells you this guy is horribly lonely, he's not meaning to kill you with his breath. But listening would kill you. You can just walk away. (I found I could also offer him some oil from a previous game, this makes him drunk and fall asleep.)

Moving on. First room downstairs has a free blimberry. Search the room, and find a gold coin and a secret door. the normal door has a Roachpig past it watching the door, it's best to go through the secret room first an you can sneak up on it, you can kill it for food, but you'll need to cook the meat.

Through the secret door. Go through a secret hallway, and at the end feel the wall to find another secret door. The skeleton in the next room is wearing

Borisskin Boots, which you can take. (I have only found one thing you can do with these and that's trade with a guard in a later bit)

15. Andyzero

Jan 19, 2017
    My Walkthrough part 7 and final

Go to the far door, and it's a male werewolf. If Vik earlier told you the armor weakness, you can attack the shoulder clasps, otherwise kill it and study the armor after to find out about the armor weakness.

Freeing the man transforms him back, cast SUS to learn about the trap in the next room. Tell the man he's a werewolf, and the the best advice is to tell him to lock himself up on Full Moon. Move on.

Next room, if you cast SUS earlier, you can avoid the trip wires. Otherwise I like casting GOB and using it as a shield.

Next room is another werewolf, this time female. Attack the shoulder clasp, and she'll run into another room and get killed. If you didn't get the word by casting TEL on Ranii when you were challenged by Goblins, you can learn from her by casting RES, talking, and telling her that her family is safe.

Say the secret word, and enter. Ranii is there. No need to make enemies. (Yes, she wants to steal the Crown and sell it to the highest bidder, but she'd have to get past the Archmage first.)

Talk to her, pull some levers, bash the machine twice, push the machine, life the latch. Reach into the hole twice for some treasure, and when Ranni sticks her head in, pull her out immediately or a worm will eat her head. Now look at the wall and teleport out.

You teleport into a cell, look over the edge, ask about college, cast TOP, this will teach the spell if you don't know it and you keep the gold hair and don't go anywhere. Cast DOP or ZIP to get out if Ranii doesn't pick the lock. Steal the keys, knock the guard out. If you free the prisoners, this will trigger endgame so don't.

Move on. Ranii will talk you past Cartoum. Turns out she and he are in cahoots.

In the courtyard, you and Ranii part ways I like asking about her being a guard and working with Cartoum, then them working together for background

flavor text. Go back to Cartoum, and you can give him the locket you found in Sorcery 1 or 2. Tell him you found it in the Shantutanti Hills. Ask questions for clues/flavor background.

Go back to the center, move on to the west to the Guard Barracks. Depending on disguise, you may have trouble. Don't fight, but cast JIG and keep playing. Go by the fire and listen to the song. This is the song that puts the Stone Ram to sleep. Leave. Order some food in the main hall, leave again. Look around, follow the goblin. Ask them what they're doing. I don't get involved. Go back to to Hall, talk to the Captain, find out he's a murderer. Warn him, he doesn't believe you. Go to the Fights. Bet 80 on the human. Enter the fights, win twice. (0.1 whittle them down.) Go back to the hall, go back to the fights, bet your max on the first fighter. (Beware, this might be random) Find Ranii. Join her at the table. Be nice. Say farewell, say you're a follower of Y'Bran. Y'Bran apparently wants to get their mack on. Laani isn't into whatever gender you are, so Y'bran changes

it.

One magical evening later....we're back in Western Mampang, where we met Raani. The key we found in the Mucalytic room unlocks the north door so we can go back whenever we want.

EXPERIMENT: (this didn't happen.) Go back to the Invisible Tower without the proper potion, cast TOP. Go to the Archmages room. He talks and talks and talks and gets you under his power.

He commands you to go to jail. Inside, there's Jann the Minmite, a magic nullifying sprite you met in Sorcery 1. He says that only a few villagers could be saved from the plague because the springs stopped working. (Hmm.) His presence means you can't cast spells, normally, you'd have to kill Jann and get out and get killed and come back with the key, but I worship Y'Bran, God of Gods, and praying causes Y'Bran to summon the key to the Door. (Don't thank him, he hates that). I go through, and in the library, I read a book "Undoing" that teaches any counterspell you don't know. If you know them all, it just talks about RES. ....then I'm attacked by the Goat wearing the Crown of Kings. Half of the Archmage's Soul; sold to Hell to stop me.

Praying doesn't work. Spells don't work. Attacking doesn't work. I die.

Alternatively, if you filled the potion of dissolution with the right spells, you can beat the Archmage here. Take the crown, tell him to call back his armies, there's still time to build a peace, open the gates, either smash the crown, wear the crown, or take it back to your king.

But we didn't do that.

Let's remove the Alley curse.

Go back to the Alley. Cast HOW. Walk Sideways. Walk Sideways again. You will find a metal dome. Cast RAZ, and cut into it. Keep cutting into it, and you'll come inside. Now, in a Merciful run, you'd meet Libra here, and she would make this the one spot where you can rewind. But I can't, I can only cheat with save files. You can sleep here, and when you move the skeletons hands (or ZAP the skeleton), the alleys will be fixed.

Time to start the end game. Go to the Square, and head north. Guard disguise will let you past most problems. Talk to the guard, stop them from sttacking the beggar, pretend you're flirting with them. Go to the door, the Mucalytic key will unlock it.

Enter the low door. Y'bran will warn you that this is an evil place. (any God will, even Slangg) Cast SIZ, cast DOP, tell the clones to enter first, watch them set off the traps, hug the left wall to avoid a trap. Say you didn't like the surprise. Turn to leave, and they'll capture you. Shake yourself awake. Talk to him. Say "You won't break me" "I've been through worse." Tell him my story. "Surely you've been there?" "I am" Any response. Struggle. Wait. Cast ZIP. Wait, push him into the machine. Go to the cabinents. Take the blimberry. Take the Sycroflax. Eat the Sycroflax. This increases your max hp by the amount lost at the very beginning. Leave. The first wooden door is a room with some straw and a poisonous spider, avoid that. The next room is a mutant creature who complains about guards making fun of him. Be nice, and you can get some flavor text. The next room has the Birdmen of the Samaritans of Schinn of , the children of a Birdman that the Archmage accidentally allowed to be fertile. Greet them, ask about their mothers, tell them you care about all mothers, and that you asked because of what you believe them to be. Wait. Ask to be taken to the Throben Doors. (They can take you directly to the Archmage if you want, but I don't want to do that)

You are at the Throben Door. The first engraving. I. HOT. Counter with dOC, pour it on the handle.
    Look at the door. The second Engraving. II. Counter with fAL.
    Third Spell III. GAZ - Cast TEL

Read the message. Cast RES, drink the holy water, push open the door twice. The game screws with you here, click on "what's my fate" you're not dead.

Enter the tower, if you found Briarrose, Aliizi appears here.

Climb. Go past the cell. Jaan is inside, but I'd need the key to release him, only gained through ZED. Even if I used it, I'd have to choose between Jann and Aliizi, I want her. (He'll be freed when we're done here anyways)

Next is Flanker. He's under control of the Crown of Kings. You can free him either by fighting him, then casting dIM, NAP, and YAZ, or giving him the potion of disolution right away.

Don't get close before freeing him or he'll cut your hand off.

Next, Aliizi will open the Hidden library, otherwise you'd have to knock twice and pray. Cast JIG on Flanker and dance with him. Read Perception of Perceptions to find a hidden door. Magical Prisons to talk to the previous Archmage (Valiquesh) who the current one trapped in the book. She'll try to make you replace her if you read the poem. Flanker will prevent you from reading too much, but you can keep the book. Don't mess with Artifacts of Teleportation, it will remove your items.

Move on. The Archmage is there. If Aliizi wasn't there, Flanker would pretend to be under the Crown's control and then kill him. But since Aliizi is here, she scares him so much that the spell hiding the Crown breaks.

Take the Crown. Wear it. Tell the Archmage to be silent. Give the Archmage the Book. Ask him who is in it. Tell him to read the Rhyme. Archmage is sucked in, and the previous Archmage is released. Take off the Crown. Ask her questions, she destroys the crown.

Stay or leave?

16. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Along these lines, I have created an album of endgame summaries here. I can't promise I will have every single combination of variables, but I will cover all the major possibilities.

17. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #677 Kaboobie, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    With respect to Aliizi, I have found four different comments in the ending summary:

1. If you found her in the Tower of Doors but did not encounter her again, it says you "rescued Aliizi from the Forest of Snatta".

2. If you take her to the Archmage and wear the Crown, it says you "gave control to Aliizi".

3. If you take her to the Archmage and then return to Analand (with or without the Crown), it says you "led Aliizi to her destiny". This is also the case if you become war-leader of the army, but that seems inconsistent with (2).

4. If you take her to the Archmage and become Valiquesh's acolyte, it says you "took control of Aliizi".

18. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    It would be nice if there were some text in the game that confirms that. I was hoping Aliizi would be the key to rescuing Jann without ever having to use ZED.

19. Andrepartthree

Andrepartthree New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Repelstale, thank you SO much for this ! :) Was struggling with how to beat the game without the Throben Curse, now I know :) .. I'm playing in "hard mode" though hopefully this will still work :)

Andyzero that was one amazing walk through thank you ! :) Helped me a lot ! :) .. You had a few questions in it.. I THINK that the amber grind dust stuff sold by the goat-people in their village is considered to be "rock dust" if you don't have any "normal" rock dust on you and need to cast the ROK spell .. regarding getting out of the tower where you float up to the ceiling, have to use the fix spell to see the sigil then have to free yourself but you die ... not sure if this is limited to hard mode or not but I find if I cast how immediately without spending too much time there, it counters the fix spell and you can simply float to the other side of the chamber without having to use the ZED spell to escape certain death :) ...

20. Andrepartthree

Andrepartthree New Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Repelstale's tip worked ! :) Emptied hourglass out in tower of time, went to tower of doors and kept opening doors (without going through them) until tower of doors automatically sent me to throben doors, countered the spells at the throben doors, went up stairs, freed flanker from control of crown of kings and from there just decide what happens with the archmage and the crown :) ... I should note this was on "hard " mode not sure if there's a difference between that and "normal" mode as far as how the two affect choices and their possible outcomes...