Universal Sorcery! 4 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kaboobie, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    #41 Kaboobie, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    The ending with
    Aliizi
    isn't as interesting as I had hoped. She's not as helpful as
    Jann
    when it comes to defeating the Archmage.

ETA: This has changed in the latest update

2. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Let me go on the record and say how damn annoying it is to hear (read) about you testers discovering all these secrets, while we plebeians wait for September 15.

3. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Sorry! I started this thread with the intention of helping players prepare the best cloud saves possible so that they can get up and running with S4 as soon as it's released.

4. Etherbreather

Etherbreather Active Member

Jul 9, 2015
    #44 Etherbreather, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Well I for one am grateful for that. So what things and/or actions in game 1-3 are recommended? The locket? Saving Thomas and making him a captain? Daddu-Ley? (Hint: Those are my personal choices) :)

Also: Have you found any use for either of the spells on top of the ziggurat? I'm thinking LAK and CAT might both be helpful in the right circumstances.

5. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #45 Kaboobie, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    I just realized there might be a hint to Tomas' fate in the reaction of one character in S4 when you cast a certain spell.
    If you cast gOD when you and Ranii are attacked by goblins, she speaks his name.
    I don't have a cloud save where I made Tomas captain, but I will see if I can try it out.

The locket leads to getting a little more information out of one character in S4, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it. However, on a recent replay of S1 I found that you can get it without going through the pilfergrass! I don't know whether this has always been the case, but it's not mentioned in this walkthrough. Go through the first part of the Schanker Mines (where you get the emeralds), but then leave and come to a bridge. Instead of crossing the bridge, go down the bank and you will find stones you can cross, where the locket will have washed up.

There are a couple of callbacks to the encounter at Daddu-Ley, and the spell you learn there can be used in S4, but it's up to personal choice whether you prefer having that or the items you can obtain in Cantopani. You can also cast the spell without officially having learned it.

You might be thinking of
    PUR, which can be cast in 3-4 places in S4, one of which gains you extra stamina. It also counts as one of the 5 hidden spells you get credit for at the end of S4, as does TOP.

6. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    And here are a few general recommendations for S3. None are necessary to win S4, but they will give you some benefits.

1. Keep the gems from the well rather than selling them at the Black Elf caravan
    2. Obtain Yb'ran as your god
    3. Meet Aliizi (and don't scare her off by taking her to Fenestra)

7. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    #47 Etherbreather, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Thank you so much Kaboobie! Im going to try to look for that locket after the mines right now :)

Not sure I want cold and distant Yb'ran as my god though.

8. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Yb'ran is actually pretty funny in S4. He talks to you more than any other god.

9. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    Indeed? Hmmmm. A constant snarky companion deity does sound funny.

10. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Regarding the beacons, I would recommend having three cloud saves:

1. Use all beacons
    2. Avoid all beacons
    3. Avoid focusing the beacons on a few specific areas (details below)

The old man you meet at the end of S3 is right. The beacons cause harm to the Ancient World. With that in mind, you might want to avoid focusing the beacons on
    populated areas, such as cities and towns

In terms of gameplay, avoiding all the beacons will give you a choice in S4 that you don't get if you used the beacons. Avoiding the areas hinted at above won't change the way you play the game, but will change the way certain characters react to you, and will affect the summary you get at the end.

11. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    I found the locket by the way. Replaying Kharé again. The second game is easily my favorite :)

12. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    And I just replayed Kharé to make Tomas a pirate captain. (Is there a way to get off the ship again without jumping in the water? I lost the Flayer's scroll that way.) I'm currently playing S3 starting from that save, and I'll see what S4 brings.

13. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    I did get some additional dialogue options with
    Ranii the pirate
    related to Tomas' fate, but it doesn't appear significant to the outcome, just another nice bit of continuity.

14. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    #54 Etherbreather, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    I havent found any way to get off the ship without losing the scroll. Plus Id really like if there was a way to have the conversation with VIK without booting Thomas in the face.
    I seem to remember Thomas turning up in the end and sailing the Analander home after the Archmage is defeated, but it may just be my memory playing tricks on me.

15. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    In the books? I don't remember that, but it's possible. Mampang isn't near the sea in the game, so that's probably not an option, but I'll see if anything pops up at the end of this playthrough.

16. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
  17. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
  18. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    On Twitter they said it had to do with iOS 10.

19. Etherbreather

Jul 9, 2015
    I chose to believe in the pure benevolence and awesomeness that is Inkle ;)

No. I'm not affiliated in any way. Just really really fond of the games and the world of Titan.

20. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    At some point, some of the games are supposed to get the new orchestral soundtracks that came with the PC versions. Hopefully it'll be shortly after part 4 is released.