Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Yes, I know. I never said that was impossible. But the two events are completely separate.
    Regardless if you approach the cultists or not, and regardless if you joined their chant or not, you kill the Time Serpent the same way each time - by shining 3 beacons on his locations. If you approach the Time Serpent without those 3 beacons then (again regardless if you approached the cultists or not) he will kill you in the usual ways ('died last week', 'born without a heart', etc)
    I've gone through every possibility during my playthroughs, both during beta and in the final version.

2. Jbayan

Jbayan Member

Apr 26, 2015
    #142 Jbayan, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Also how do I meet the shaman in kariamma? isn't there supposed to be a fight from what I've read during the night? I've come to the city multiple times during day and night and theres no arena or anything.

3. Jbayan

Jbayan Member

Apr 26, 2015
    I understand now.

4. Kall

Kall Member

Apr 24, 2015
    You have to get there at nighttime, and you have to go over to the fire and talk.

5. Le_Lapin_Noir

Le_Lapin_Noir Member

Apr 23, 2015
    If you leave it behind, you get a message just like when you kill a serpent.

Also, I found my Moon Serpent in
    the NE most beacon tower. I entered the one outside the ruined city and it was sitting in there waiting for me.

6. imaloony

imaloony Member

Apr 26, 2015
    I didn't get that message. The first time I left her home, it hadn't even told me that the Sun Serpent was there. I never found it, nor anyone who told me anything about it other than one person who told me it was weak to water. When I ended the game it still said that one serpent lived that that the Archmage had almost certainly been told that I was coming.

7. Le_Lapin_Noir

Le_Lapin_Noir Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Did you figure out in game that the serpent was in the orb? If you don't know, I'd assume that game wouldn't tell you. I got the message about the Archmage knowing I was coming, but I took 19 days to play through and even with all seven serpents being killed, the game said that SOMEONE would've got there and told him.

8. darez

darez Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Ape teeth can also be used by
    a woman residing in one of the islands in the lake (current time). She used them to brew a potion that transformed my teeth into an ape's - wider and stronger. I think she used 2 of my 3 ape teeth.
    Where is the
    tooth trader? Going to see if he'll still buy my leftover ape tooth.

Can anyone give directions to the hut? Immediately after I crossed the long
    bridge above the swamp/forest I did stop by a house with a tied up corpse and a broken boat. Is this the fisherman's hut? I didn't find my stolen legendary sword nor an option to sleep.

9. PaleTunaPls

PaleTunaPls Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Anybody else having a worse performance then previous Sorcery! games?

10. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Yes, it constantly crashes on my ipad 2, ios 7. Usually when I try to enter the inventory screen or spell book.

11. PaleTunaPls

PaleTunaPls Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I'm playing on an iphone 4s and the game is way less smooth, not only does it lag when scrolling around the map, it lags when making choices or choosing a location. Otherwise, my favorite chapter yet.

12. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Maybe Sorcery 3 is more using more resources than our old devices could provide? I hope inkle could do some optimisation for Sorcery 4. :(

Anyway, has anyone here managed to get
    that horn from the cave north of Kariamma? And apparently you can not haggle there! Haggle is punishable by death!

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Darez: The tooth merchant is in the past time in the big city at the end. And yes, he also buys less than 6 ape teeth.

14. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Killing the Time Serpent without Beacons

Killing the Time Serpent without Beacons

It CAN be done:

Approach the chanting spirits at the stone circle. Before joining the chant cast the protection spell MAG. At the end of the chant when the serpent materializes cast the immobilizing spell FIX with the Staff of Oak Sapling. Kill the serpent while it is immobilized.

Doing this is one of the keys to killing all 7 without activating a beacon.

15. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
  16. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015

Wow, nice find! Gonna try the no-beacon run soon

17. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015

Wow, this is nice finding! (y)

18. darez

darez Member

Mar 18, 2015
    #158 darez, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Grrr, by being a follower of the
    female goddess have I permanently lost Courga's grace? After the battle with the earth serpent she left and a random animal god replaced her instead of Courga. I'm going to miss his inputs during my travels. That and being unable to find my stolen legendary sword is dampening this playthrough's mood (I don't want Flanker's sword; I like how "You unsheathe your "legendary sword" sounds :().

EDIT: Found my stolen
    legendary sword. It's in aliizi's hut just a short east of where it was stolen. So that invisible girl's the thief! Is there any way to catch her? I cast 'sense danger' and it reveals that there is a presence in the hut. But if I cast 'depression' the spell hits myself because there is no target. :confused:

19. Jbayan

Jbayan Member

Apr 26, 2015
    You can't get the god back, but if you go to the island in the middle of the lake you can get (I think his name is Y'Bran?) and he's supposed to be the god of gods, problem is after I got him he dissapeared when I got to the xemen road, I don't know why but he randomly dissapeared and hes probably a cocky god. but he is very powerful as courga says.

20. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    I never get any advice from Courga during my playthrough. What did he say?