Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I think the OP is asking how to get dragged to the caves where you can find a yellow feather and a crystal tooth, not how to get free.

2. Samjt101

Samjt101 Member

May 8, 2015
    All essence of bark does is make it release you, I wanted to get it to drag me north as a shortcut.

3. Samjt101

Samjt101 Member

May 8, 2015
    I'm starting to think a perfect 8 day run is impossible. I just can't find a way to get all items (except excess consumables) and all stamina increases in the time frame.

Kaboobie's walkthrough is stellar, but it misses out on the assassin sword and hefty arrow, from what I can remember.

The route I have been running involves going through south-west normally, then hitting the north-west beacon at midnight. Day 2 starts at the moon serpent, then involves going to kariamma, to ca'oth, to the caravan then back up to kariamma just before dawn and getting the soup stamina increase.

Day 3 starts late due to the soup, and involves going through the caves then instead of heading to fenestra's going to flanker then heading to the forest beacon (using wok to get across) and pointing the beam at the steppes beacon (I've found killing time serpent early saves time in the long run). Then teleport to south-west beacon and heading to Bria's.

Reach Bria's some point in day 4, head down chimney to temple to get gems then along to stone circle to kill time serpent. Then learn TUF and sleep the rest of the night (not very long)

Day 5 cast TUF then head up to priest on pole, get carried by bird, kill fire serpent, get leaf and feather, go down to klattaman village, get stamina bonus (no way to get compass since I lack a weapon so the smith just gives me a new sword - the only way to get the compass would be to leave to the steps, circle back, use Yob to get a giant to raze the village then search the wreckage and move on, which takes too long), then straight up through the forest to the bear, cast Law for a free ride to the top of the forest.

Day 6 to to fenestra's, aliizi's, forest beacon (point at bridge), and climb bridge.

Day 7 jump from bridge and kill earth serpent, then up to timpang and choose to explore the ruins but don't actually look anywhere, activate beacon to get factory and dentist but not lower ruins, then down to lower ruins for jewel of gold then head to shore (sleep for Firefox).

Day 8 go onto the lake and travel directly down to the beacon island. The ferryman will reveal himself just before the island, then go on the beacon island and point the island beacon at the steppes beacon. Teleport to steppes beacon, go to circle and cast TUF, teleport back and then just go up and down the lake just before the shore to mampang until water serpent shows up (4 turns). Then go to mampang.

Day 9 starts on the last map marker, which sucks.

4. Samjt101

Samjt101 Member

May 8, 2015
    Also Kaboobie's walkthrough misses the beard.

(Sorry for what is probably an incoherent post, I wrote my route up pretty quickly).

5. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Red Flower?

Way back in the first Sorcery, it's possible to get a Red Flower near the headhunter village.

You only get it if you take an odd, non-optimal route. You miss out on both the Elvin Village and the mines, so I don't think many people get it. But I'm wondering if anyone has taken the Red Flower to the potion maker on the lake.

Another thing I found from Sorcery 1. If you got the jewel-studded collar from the Elvin Village, you can sell it for 30 gold at the Black Elf Caravan.

6. Samjt101

Samjt101 Member

May 8, 2015
    The red flower makes a potion that restores 4 stamina I believe, and the jewel studded collar can also be turned into the jewel studded medallion at the smith in the klattaman village.

7. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #507 Kaboobie, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    I don't have any cloud saves with the beard, so I don't know if it has any use in Sorcery! 4 (I'm beta-testing, in case you missed that previously). It's certainly not essential.

I just realized I've never started S4 from a cloud save where I took considerably more than the optimal time to finish S3. 9 days doesn't seem to make any different over 8, though.

8. flosse

flosse Member

Jul 17, 2014
    No option to make fire anywhere in the tunnels

Hi,
    thanks for the great walkthrough. So far so good. But I do not get the option to light a fire (burn the second spellbook) in the tunnels. I tried it with 2 separate walkthroughs now. Where should the option be? At the entrance? Or near the exit, when you caused the cave in and exit to the east?

Cheers,
    Flosso

9. Samjt101

Samjt101 Member

May 8, 2015
    The option is available before you enter the caves from kariamma.

10. flosse

flosse Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Strangely I do not get that option. Not before entering the tunnels, nor in them, or at the end. I have the second spell book in my inventory. I bought it from the elves caravans. Is there anything else I need to have or do?
    I just need to get the feather. Or is there another way to get it?

11. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #511 Kaboobie, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    There is another way to get the feather from the caves.

Just south of where you confront the Fire Serpent in the forest, there is a Stranglebush. It's a little tricky to get caught in it, because you can't have an axe or Essence of Bark in your possession. Struggle to get free but don't pray. Just before you are strangled, a bird will carry you off to the other end of the cave system where you can get the feather and the crystal tooth.

12. Breadhead

Breadhead Member

May 22, 2015
    Evil play through

I've been playing through this again in preparation for Sorcery 4 but with the most evil play through I could (usually I try to be good) and Christ are there some dark choices in this game.

It's impressive how different the reactions from people are to you and the description the book gives to this.

Anyway here's a list of the most evil choices I could find across all three games:

- blowing up the gate at the start of the game then threatening the sergeant.
    - using jig to dance a couple of robbers over the side of a cliff.
    - throwing stones at an old man in a tree until he fell and died.
    - burned dhumpus to the ground.
    - blown up a horse with a fireball.
    - blown up a little girl with a fireball.
    - started a massive brawl in the klattaman village
    - found the thief buried up to his neck, cast big and then stomped on his head.
    - the most evil choice I came across though was finding the buried thief, laughed at him, shown him and told him I had a bottle of poison when he begged for water, forced him to drink the poison, then cut off the head from his dead body as a keepsake (-2 dmg for throwing up afterwards and the head doesn't appear in your items)

Anybody else got some dark/funny moments they want to share?

13. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I did a similar thing -- making the evil choices and converting to Slangg. The things you can do to the buried thief are probably the worst. Did not realize you could burn down Dumphus.

You can murder a doped-up group of Black Elves in Khare. There is supposed to be a way to kill Jann. Never figured that out.

14. Hat3ful3ight

Hat3ful3ight New Member

Aug 11, 2016
    AHAHAHA I remember using JIG to do that to the robbers in the first game, made me laugh :)

15. flosse

flosse Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Thanks. But I just can't get it to work. I do not get the option to burn anything when entering the tunnel nor anywhere else in the tunnels. I tried the stranglebush as suggested. But even that does not work. I get strangled ever time. I wonder if my savegame from Sorcery! 2 has a problem.

16. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Make sure you are not approaching the Stranglebush at night. That's the only other thing I can think of.

17. KarmaOverDogma

May 28, 2016
    I'm pretty sure that the stranglebush won't take you to the cave if you've already been there.

Strange that you don't get the option to burn something before the caves.
    Here is an excerpt from my walkthough back on page 49.

SLEEP
    20/21 142 24 Lie down
    22/22 142 24 Try some soup +1 MAX Stamina

Day 3 - In the Sleeping Hut
    The Tunnels
    22/22 142 24 TUNNELS
    OUTSIDE THE VILLAGE
    22/22 142 24 Strike a light
    22/22 142 24 Burn the duplicate Spellbook -Duplicate Spellbook
    22/22 142 24 Go inside
    BELOW GROUND

I hope that helps.

18. BLACKFAER

BLACKFAER Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Regarding S!4:
    actually, I have found two places so far.

19. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    The one I know is
    the dome in the Eastern alleys
    . I would love to know the second. Feel free to PM me.

20. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    I have set up a thread in Upcoming Games for Sorcery! 4, which is scheduled for a September 15 release. Feel free to ask questions over there, if you want to have the best saved game(s) ready to go. :)