Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Balyos

Balyos Member

May 17, 2015
    I confirm it is a male if you play a male, I remember it from my first Sorcery 3 playthrough. I think that it is quite clear that you actually "watch" the encounter you just had with the beetle.

2. th0m

th0m New Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Thanks!

Thanks to you kind folks on the forum, I've finally completed the NBAS run (10 days and not nearly everything).

Quick question about the ending:

I didn't turn on any beacons. But at the end the old man I encountered still said the Analander had been destroying the land with beacons - does this ever change, or is that just the default ending?

Very excited about Part 4.

3. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Did you get the text in the end that you did not use any of the beacons? The guy in the end is supposed to ignore you if you had not activated the beacons. Check these posts

4. LRockL

LRockL Member

Jul 11, 2015
    NBAS-Steppes

just double checking on what I've read ... And I've found it pretty easy to get into Fenestra's hut, btw: at various points, if I'm trying to get to the tower after killing the TS, I've seen the tower flag say 3 diff things: 1) Northeast, 2) Tower and 3) to the mountain. I'm trying to get there either when or just before it changes to option 3, correct? And the time winds should also be passing over wherever I'm coming from? And all of this needs to happen the first time I approach the tower? Am trying to figure out if I need to rewind if I get to the door in the present because I have had no luck getting a different dialogue even when I hear the "time chime," and/or the winds are passing over the tower if I've already been there, gotten dialogue about mud, etc.and found the door blocked, and not rewound.

Thx!

5. Tallguy30

Tallguy30 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Complete without beacons?

Hey I was wondering, how is it possible to complete the game, without using the beacons, and kill the serpents as well?

6. Tallguy30

Tallguy30 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Is the hero the villian?

So I was wondering, is the Analander the primary villian of the story, and the Archmage acts by defence?
    At the start of sorcery 3, you can talk to a tree, who tells you that you are the cause of what happened, and finding shadrack will help you understand. There are many similar conversations like this, but did we cause it? The Archmage built the beacons, but was it to try trap us? Or was it to keep the land safe, and we just sealed their fate?
    I am not sure exactly what happened, but I would like to know more of the other eastern countries near Analand and of the crown, as I also have suspicions of there part of this story, and if manpang is as evil as it seems.

7. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    Wow, this thread just died up. Is there really nothing left to discover in the game?;)

8. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Well, there's still a secret according to Inkle, although I don't know whether it has anything to do with S!3 (doubt it).

Otherwise, I think we figured most of the stuff out. Maybe this is the time to start optimizing playthroughs? I still haven't found a walkthrough that gets every magical and unique item while finishing within 6 days. But I was absent from this forum for a while, so maybe somebody found a solution in the meantime.

9. Kamatari

Kamatari Member

Jul 2, 2015
    It's probably about the six giant invisible clones. That's the only one of the challenges they've laid out that no one's cracked yet.

Well, the playthrough you speak of (getting every item and then some) is pretty easy to do in 5 days' time -- much less 6 -- if you use the fast travel trick...

10. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013

Can you tell me how? I want to get most of the items for Sorcery 3 to get them to Sorcery 4.

11. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    I need some help on cloud saves. I played the first 3 on an Android device, and now I have an iPhone. Is is possible to use the same cloud save code on iOS?

12. Markocam

Markocam New Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Steppes tower blocked

:cool:
    Kakoobie. Good walkthrough so far, but 'day 2' I can't get back into Steppes tower after going out to the stone circle to learn TUF spell. It has reverted to present day and the door is blocked... How did you (or anyone) do it?
    Cheers

13. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    See these posts

BTW, it never worked for me so I gave up on the NBAS run.

14. inkleismyjam

inkleismyjam New Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Seven Spirits

You don't need an object for the chant, just repeat after them what they say and you will be killed and revived, the area will be put into the past, and you will no longer be able to rewind past this point
    MEGA SPOILER ABOUT KILLING TIME SERPENT INCOMING
    alternatively, ask them to tell you the chant, but instead of repeating the first line, cast mag. Repeat the lines, they will reveal themselves to be an embodiment of the serpent of time. As soon as you have the chance, cast jig or fix (haven't tried with fix but I know it works) if you cast jig, bring it to your feet and kill it.
    Also, Y'bran, God of gods is useless. He's too distant to care about humans, and doesn't let you pray often. If you can, keep Courga.

15. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Sorry, I haven't checked on this thread or played the game in a while. I tried to help others who were having this problem by posting photos here showing exactly how I placed the beam from the Steppes tower. It always worked for me but unfortunately it hasn't worked for everyone.

16. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Want a german translation so badly :(

17. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    So any news on S!4?

I finally made the switch from Android to iOS so I plan on re-buying the games and playing them again. :)

18. Sorcerer

Sorcerer New Member

Feb 23, 2016
    this is ~90% of my best. I forgot some pebbles. :)

it seems max "attack-force" is 20 in the battles, because i have broadsword (+1) & assassin's sword(+4) & chanmail gauntlet (?) & chainmail shirt (+2).
    I don't know there is bug or feature (?). So i don't need legendary sword. "Attack-force" is 20 too with legendary sword without broadsword.

magical items:

crystal tooth, 3 beeswax, skullcap, 5 sand, glue, nose plugs,9 pebbles, 6 blimberry,
    bamboo flute, 10 goblin teeth, 4 giant teeth, black facemask, green-haired wig,
    bracelet of bone, sun jewel, gold backed mirror, orb of crystal, 2 holy water, pearl ring,
    jewel-studded-medalion, brass pendulum, staff of oak sapling, galehorn, 2 yellow powder,
    2 stone dust, jewel of gold.

clues:

use of silver weapons,sleepless ram,naggamanteh,mucalytic,colletus,throg,blood candle.

extra spells:
    TOP / from sorcery 1/, ZOB, SSS.

god: yb'ran. maybe it is usable in part4 (?)

max stamina: 25 (with crystal tooth)/27. maybe it is possible to make 29/31 in five days (NBAS)... (?) i think...

Attached Files:

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I don't understand the spell book in this game, so I'm playing the first 2 games and I go to cast a spell but it doesn't let me cast it the letters are not there I know there are spells that have items that are needed to cast but then there are spells that don't show up at all so the only thing I can think of would be the spell would not work here so the game just doesn't let you see it for that scene but that doesn't make sense because it lets me cast other spells that don't work, so what gives? How do I know if I know that spell? Maybe I don't have the spell? I thought if its in the book then I thought I know it..

20. Analander

Aug 24, 2014

You can't cast any spell you want. Depending on the situation, the game will allow you to cast only a few spells (based on the letters that show up). Some may be effective, some may have a detrimental effect, some may have no effect at all.