Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Keneki

Keneki Member

May 13, 2015
    Is it possible to delete the Icloud saves?

2. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I wish.

But they would need to change the entire cloud save mechanism without risking other people sabotaging your saves. Right now, you can access and play the saves of other people by entering random codes until you find one that works. It would be pretty screwy if you could manage the saved games without some other form of authentication.

3. pendell

pendell Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    So I completed an all serpent no portal run last night. It took 17 days and much waiting for the winds of time.

Odd. The guy at the end still complained about the Analander destroying the country with beacons, but I didn't light any. I went into the tower of tinpang , but only to sleep. Likewise I touched the crystal in the ruined tower in the desert, but the beacon was nonfunctional and so did not activate. Perhaps one of those actions triggered the text?

4. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I suspect activating the crystal in the ruined tower triggered that dialogue.

Did the end screen text say that you completed your journey without any beacons?

5. pendell

Jan 2, 2015
    It did not.
    Went through again without touching the ruined tower crystal. This time the man had nothing to say and I was credited with a no beacon run.

6. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    #386 Cowdog, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Ultimate Run

So I believe I have close to the ultimate save.

I finished in five days without using beacons, killing all serpents, getting 31 health, and carrying a rock demon tooth, locket, borrinskin boots, five weapons (original, broadsword, longsword, legendary, and Assassin's), and every other item you can possibly get without using the beacons.

Fair warning: This takes advantage of what can easily be considered an exploit.
    The game is designed to use more "time" if you travel with your finger a longer distance. I found that if I moved my finger really quickly across the screen -- almost flicking it with my finger -- I could move long distances in a sliver of time. I knew it worked when only one "movement dot" appeared, and only under the flag that marked my destination.
    I haven't edited save games or anything like that. But I don't think the designers envisioned me being able to complete the game unconcerned about time. Still, since I am only using the mechanics created by the designers, perhaps I can justify it to myself under some theory of "running" everywhere.

Here are a few things I learned:

- You can visit all of Tinpang using the winds of time
    - The tooth merchant SELLS a rock demon tooth for 32 gold. So after you jump from the mountain and lose your tooth, you can get another.
    - You can get four rations after jumping in the water (without buying in the Tinpang market). First, ZAP the roach pig. Second, visit the shore at night in AW and zap the giant fish.
    - Took me forever to figure out the sleeping giant. Just draw your sword, rather than casting a spell. Sometimes the simplest things . . .
    - After you visit a default marsh location enough times at various places on the map, you will get a prompt that lets you cast BIG or QAL to cross the marsh. Regardless of which you cast, you will end up finding a fist sticking up out of the ground. But if you cast BIG, you can lift the corpse out of the marsh to get a magic item. KEY: What item you get is dependent on what you have. I first got a Jewel of Gold. Then I rewound, got the Jewel of Gold from the remains of the priest, and THEN visited the fist. This time, I got the borrinskin boots.
    - On top of the mountain from the ZIP tower is another multiple item location. This is where I got the Broadsword (because I already had everything else).
    - To get the weapons I mentioned, start the game with only the legendary sword and original sword (or sell at the black elves). Then lose your legendary sword at the bridge. Then get a new long sword from the workshop in the Klattaman village. Then get the broadsword from the top of the mountain described above and the Assassin's sword at the end.
    - Be sure to land the boat on the north shore in the OW. If you land in AW, it will be gone when you finish Tinpang.

The only way I could maximize the save any more is by getting a little more gold in the first two games. I also could have sold
    the fist full of gems to the black elves
    , but I decided to keep them. I would also like to access the
    meat cart
    to have more rations, but I haven't figured out exactly how to do it. Finally, I wish I could figure out how to get more counterspells since you can't visit
    Vancass
    . You also can't get the
    SSS
    spell, though you can cast it despite it not being in your spell book.

If you have questions, I'll try to answer. I have now been to just about every tile in OW and AW possible without using beacons.

I'm going to restart from Sorcery 1 to try to get everything perfect. BTW, my perfect run includes the
    locket
    and
    Daddy-Lu
    . You can get the
    bamboo pipe
    and all other items in Sorcery 2 (including the
    compass
    ) without rewinding.

After I maximize this save, I'll work on an eight-day without the arguable exploit. I think I can do it based on the path I've taken, but it will be tricky.

[​IMG]

7. Balyos

Balyos Member

May 17, 2015
    Hey, I'm glad someone else has finally discovered that glitch :). That was the same I used to complete the my 2 days playthrough killing all serpents, and my 5 days playthrough collecting all items and bonuses (all those known at the time I did it). I didn't mention the exploit at the time since and decided to kept it for myself until someone else discovered it, so some here suspected I hacked my game in some way. I think Inkle should fix that anyway, because you are not supposed to complete the game in 5 days or less and take every item and bonus available.

I'm also doing a perfect route like yours, including the Daddu-Ley TOP spell and the locket. I'm currently in 2/3 of Sorcery 2, and I plan to make a NBAS run in Sorcery 3 after that, exactly like yours (in 5 days, using the glitch and in 8 days, without using it).

8. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    I know of the glitch (most people here do, I think), I just don't think glitching your way through the game counts as a legitimate run.

9. Balyos

Balyos Member

May 17, 2015
    I agree, but I still think Inkle should fix it, because even if you don't want to use the exploit, when you want to take the most direct route, sometimes you come into the 'fast travel' glitch.

10. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Well, count me as someone who didn't know about the glitch. If I ever employed it accidentally, I didn't notice.

11. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #391 Kaboobie, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    FYI I've successfully replicated my 8 days, all stamina, all items walkthrough, but had to make a couple of small adjustments. I still never get locked out of the Steppes beacon, guess I've just been lucky. However, in subsequent runs this happens just before nightfall:

I've had to walk around for a couple of turns to hit the stone circle at just the right moment. That throws off my return to the Upper Ishtara beacon.

I no longer have time for this before hitting the caravan. It's essential to be at the caravan exactly at daybreak in order to make it to Kariamma before nightfall. So instead I walk around for a couple of turns to time the caravan right, then I proceed up the slope to meet Renfren (the illusionist), kill the Moon Serpent, and meet the Sham on the way down toward Kariamma.

Finally, I've had trouble getting back to the shore after Tinpang in time to blow the whistle (can still be done a bit after nightfall). I wonder if I inadvertently used the "fast travel" glitch on my original run.

I now go back to the Tinpang beacon after the tooth merchant and focus the beam* on the Time Serpent's island, then sleep at the shore. And then I make time back by skipping the Island beacon.

* Just take care not to sail into the beam when on the lake with the ferryman, as he and the boat will disappear; once the Air Serpent is dealt with, you don't have to worry. If the boat disappears after docking at an island due to time winds, a rewind should fix it.

12. DrPoo

DrPoo New Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Bug Report

I was about to fight the Fire Serpent and accidentally used the wrong spell, so i went into the fight but I decided to rewind so I could use the correct spell however when I used the correct spell the moon serpent picture was in the fight even though it referred to the flame serpent, however when I replayed it again it was the fire serpent so just to let you know, perhaps it has happened to other serpents ?

13. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #393 Kaboobie, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    I hadn't realized you could sell them. It was a bit disappointing that they're only worth 25 gold.

I just recently learned about the Ancient Coins you can get in the present (after first searching the location in the past). See section 6.13 in Cheezzhead's guide. Has anyone determined whether they can be sold anywhere in the game? The guide says they can be spent in Kariamma; are they all spent or do you keep some?

14. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Well, I answered my own questions. I obtained the ancient coins before visiting the Black Elf caravan, and I was not given the option to sell them. I then went to Kariamma. You can buy soup from the cook and use the ancient coins as payment; the dialogue says something along the lines of, "Her eyes widen as she realizes you don't know their value."

I now have a completed run with the coins in my possession, so we'll see if they can be used in Sorcery! 4...

15. pendell

Jan 2, 2015
    Question about the beard we find in the Snatta forest:

Is that from the dwarf we encountered in the baklands? The one with the food bag?

Or is it from the priest who was on top of the pole?

The text implies we should recognize it somehow.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

16. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    The priest.

17. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Re: deleting cloud saves

What I have done is delete the game from my device, then re-install it. Next time you save a completed game, you will get a new cloud spell, so it's like starting from scratch.

18. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    I'm getting confused on Black Elves pricing. In my first several playthroughs the spellbook ultimately cost twelve. Now, the spellbook costs seventeen (both prices after the scroll discount). I can't figure out what is causing the change. I am entering the caravan with much less gold (I created a pirate captain in Sorcery 2 in this playthrough), so maybe that has an effect on prices? I am also entering the caravan earlier by heading straight there when I start a new game.

19. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #399 Kaboobie, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Are you looking at the spell before buying the book? If the trader sees you doing that, he raises the price. If you just flip through enough to notice the spell, then close it, he lowers the price. I have always got it for 6 after the scroll discount.

I can't explain the jump from 12 to 17, though. What you say to the chief initially and whether you visit the fire may also affect the prices. Are you taking all the same steps as usual?

20. Breadhead

Breadhead Member

May 22, 2015
    If you tell the trader that you're a sorcerer when you first approach him he'll bump up the prices for all the objects he sells