Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Alduin1600

Alduin1600 Active Member

May 4, 2015
    FOR ANDROID TOO! WOOT! This looks great. I'm gonna download right now. My friend told me to look it up and now that I saw it I think i'll give it a try

2. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    You are correct, those are the 6-lobed leaves.

There normally is not an option to eat the Purple Leaves either. It only came up when I was on the chore of the Time Serpent Island. Anybody taken the 6-lobed leaves there?

Also the 6-lobed leaves might be useful to the herbalist.

3. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I stole purple leaves from the herbalist and tried it. That is one weird vision. I can't help but think it's an Easter egg.

4. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    posting this here its about Sorcery 2 I got to a point where you rewind time by clicking on the little blue circles instead of red, so I did this and lost all my items that I collected after being in this spot, so now Im confused how does this rewind work I thought you keep everything and go back in time, please explain? sorry if this counts as spoliers.

5. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I also have to ask, something really bothering me with the 2nd one, I love this game tho but I want to understand how it all works, When it ask to cast a spell and the spell I want to use does not let me cast it why is this? im looking at the spell book and the letters are not showing up when I cast it.

6. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Hey Markku. No, you don't keep items when you rewind. Rewinding is for rectifying a mistake or trying things out. You don't get to keep anything you found after that point because, once your rewind, those events haven't happened yet.

For the spells, the game only offers a selection of spells that might be relevant in that situation. If it doesn't offer you a spell you want, it means it wasn't going to work at all.

7. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I think he is talking about the Time Travel rewind in Sorcery 2. It's been a while but I thought you did keep your items.

Not all spells are available at all times -- that's just the way it is.

8. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #288 Kaboobie, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    I only had to rewind (turn back time) the first time I played Sorcery 2, so I don't recall if you keep your items or not. I think you lose a stamina point, correct? It is possible to get all four spell lines and the order to recite them in one playthrough of the game -- in fact, there is more than one way to achieve this -- so if you had to rewind because you didn't have the complete spell, you might as well start from scratch.

Moulas' line: on two pieces of paper, one on the way to the Festival if you stop and eat, one in the throat of the undead corpse of Moulas. Alternate: Visit the Temple of Slaang and take the easy challenge to learn the line (or the impossible challenge, if you have met Sirisi and told her fortune).
    Lorag's line: Learn it directly from Lorag, unless he's been assassinated by the time you make it to his house. In this case I believe you can read it on his tomb (unconfirmed).
    Theetah's line: You must find out that Theetah is a blind beggar, then you can ask when you find him. He will only remember part of the line. You can get the missing word either from Courga at his temple or in the sewers (by listening to Goblins).
    Shivna's line: Shivna is dead but still haunts his Mausoleum. You need to know his name to find it among the newer graves.
    Order of the lines: Ask Courga or find it written on a wall in the sewers.

9. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Rewinding only loses a stamina point and no items.

For that reason rewinding in Sorcery! 2 is perfectly valid, in my opinion. The way I see it, the 'perfect' route through Khare (i.e. no rewinds) does not go past the Flayer's kitchen, which means you won't have the Flayer's scroll to turn into an extra stamina point in S!3. So you have a choice between 1) do a perfect route in S!2, finish with 25 max. stamina in S!3 or 2) Rewind once, get the Flayer's scroll in S!2 and finish with 25 max. stamina in S!3. Either way, the stamina is the same at the end so you might as well rewind.

This is especially true because picking up the Flayer's scroll without rewinding will mean you miss out on a lot of other stuff (chainmail gauntlets, vial of glue, silver chain, depending on which route you will forfeit). The only benefit it has is that using the Scroll in S!3 to get 1 stamina wastes alot of time meaning it'll take more days in the end. But at best the choices are both equally valid.

Speaking of days, I've been trying to go for a 5-day playthrough with all the items and stamina gain, but I can't seem to find a quick enough route. The best I've done so far is 6 days (finishing in the afternoon) but since
    there's no real difference between 6 and 8
    it's kind of a useless run. Has anyone had better luck doing this?

10. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #290 Kaboobie, May 8, 2015
    My perfect route through Sorcery 2 includes the Flayer's hut. Of the things you listed, I missed out only on the silver chain (but I had the vial of glue from Sorcery 1). I didn't even know about the silver chain until very recently, when I reviewed a walkthrough to make sure I didn't miss anything important in preparation for playing Sorcery 3.

I assume you consider the silver chain essential to
    killing the wraith in Shivna's mausoleum
    , but there are other weapons you can use, as well as at least one magical way that requires no fighting at all.

Different strokes. :)

11. Cheezzhead

Apr 7, 2015
    If you missed the silver chain then you also missed the vial of glue in the same hut.

12. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Ah, okay, I went back and added that I had the glue from Sorcery 1.

13. Cheezzhead

Apr 7, 2015
    #293 Cheezzhead, May 8, 2015
    Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Ah okay, but then you miss
    Ragnar's Armband
    :D

Lets just agree that there are different interpretations for the 'perfect' route, especially across 3 games.
    I personally wouldn't include the flayers scroll, partly for the abovementioned reasons - armband is +2 attack and the silver chain, while not vital for shinva (can be killed with silver sword or goldbacked mirror) or anywhere in S!3, might be useful in the next game - but also using it wastes precious time . Not only does it require a full night's rest, you will alo have to go out of your way to Kariamma because there's no other reason to go there in a 'perfect' run.

I can barely reach 6 days while ignoring Kariamma. I seriously doubt we'll ever be able to get every item, every stam increase (including the scroll) and all serpents, within 5 days.

Really, though, we won't know for sure until S!4 comes around. Do we need the magical chain? Do we need a vial of glue? How much gold do we need, and is it useful to rewind in khare and gain an extra 100-odd gold? Questions that wont be answered until we enter Mampang.

14. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Agreed, and as you say, some things we won't know until Sorcery! 4. But since some players will come to it fresh, I am sure they will have a chance to get items they will absolutely need. I'll go in having every spell ingredient except fire water, and hopefully the other items I chose to obtain will be useful. It can't come soon enough!

15. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    Random question here. Am I the only one who hasn't had trouble with the "excuse me" boy in the southwest section of the map? Every walkthrough I have read mentions you will lose an item to him unless you can avoid encountering him altogether. When I hear "excuse me", I turn around, see nothing, and choose the option to "shake it off". I have never actually met him.

16. Samjt101

Samjt101 Member

May 8, 2015
    Has anybody managed a "perfect" playthrough yet? I've got one that does pretty much everything, only missing out on 2 of the bonus stamina locations (Kariamma Flayer Scroll and Klatta shaman). Everything else I've acquired (or at least I think I have...), including all magical items and some random stuff (chakram, purple and six-lobed leaves, hewing axe, some random stuff I've forgotten). Also managed to get 150 gold through selling teeth in Tinpang. The one problem with my playthrough is that it's very time dependent (arrive at Mampang on the night of the eighth day), so I cannot afford to mess around anywhere else.

Basically I go upwards through western Ishtara, picking up Green Ring, Gale Horn, rope ladder at Elthara's (though that mysteriously never adds to my inventory, so...:mad:), nightime now so head up mountain to kill Moony, then down to find Sham. Give giant tooth, then over to Black Elf caravan, buy hewing axe, pendulum and scroll, steal pearl ring, then hypnotise Oolooh and steal chainmail and spellbook. Head up to Kariamma, (where I could use Flayer scroll, but I never got it in what I though was a perfect Khare run through). I guess if I replayed it I could do that as well, but I've forgotten my perfect Khare route too XD. I grab the feather and rock demon tooth (side question: can you pick up multiple copies of these?), then head across to Fenestra's, then use the beacon onto the stone circle. Head down, fairly sure I grab the six-lobed leaf and kill Fire serpent. Head towards Klatta village, and arrive just before fire is lit. Though if I try and play for time by going up and down a bit, I never arrive at the circle in time.

So, perfect 8 day all time route? Is it possible, and can anyone write me a quick summary of one?

17. Cheezzhead

Apr 7, 2015
    The encounter where you hear 'excuse me' but nothing's there happens in present time. Wandering around South Ishtara in past time will eventually lead to the boy (you'll hear 'excuse me' again but this time when you turn around the boy is there). 1 location is directly southwest of the beacon; based on my playthroughs he appears the second time you pass by that place (and day/night may have something to do with it). I'm fairly certain he can also appear somewhere on the southern road.

I'm currently working on a perfect playthrough. My current run, 6 days, gets pretty much everything except:
    - Kariamma and Flayer's Scroll
    - Anything in Tinpang
    - Flanker and his sword

I did in 6 days because I was aiming for a 5-day run (no luck so far), so essentially you have 2 days to do the above anyway (which is ample time). Here's a quick overview:

Day 1
    - Travel to Shadrack, get Galehorn
    - Go up to Whirlpool and encounter boy
    - Go to beacon, activate it, point it at beacon north of it
    - Go west to the bridge, use PHAL+HUF to cross it
    - Go to beacon, activate it then transport back to the first beacon
    - Travel back south towards shadrack's hut, you will pass by the whirlpool but because it's nighttime your black facemask won't be stolen (mostly the reason why I went up to the northern beacon first)

Day 2
    - Head to Bria, pick up water gourd along the way, and receive green ring from her, then go down the chimney to enter the steppes
    - Travel to the Temple of Throff, pick up fistful of gems and free the priest (gain a pebble in the process)
    - Further east to the stone circle and seven spirits, let them kill you to unlock the southern beacon
    - Activate the beacon, point it at the stone circle, go back out and approach the stone circle to learn the TUF spell
    - Travel north to the Klattaman Village

Day 3
    - You enter the village just as the next day starts, however the fire will still be burning and you can gain +1 stamina
    - Go west to the Priest's Pole, get the jewel-studded medaillon then remain on the pole until a bird snatches you away
    - The bird takes you into the forest and drops you at the Fire Serpent's location
    - Kill Fire Serpent, follow the path south to the Stranglebush
    - Allow yourself to be taken by the Stranglebush to transport to the caves below Kariamma
    - Pick up Yellow Feather and Rock Demon Tooth
    - Re-enter the forest, pick up Jewel of Gold and Beard, then head for Fenestra
    - Pick up Whistle and Sun Serpent Orb
    - Travel south to the forest beacon, activate it and illuminate the eastern section of the bridge, then transport back to the southern beacon near the stone circle

Day 4
    - You'll arrive at the stone circle just as day 4 begins, cast TUF with the yellow feather to gain +4 stamina
    - Back to the beacon, transport to the northwestern beacon
    - Head for the Black Elf Caravan, play swindlestones and gain Brass Pendulum, Pearl Ring (pocket), Fizram's Scroll, Holy Water, Hewing Axe (steal), Chainmail Shirt (steal)
    - Head east for the mountains
    - Find Prankster, gain Yellow Powder and Chakram
    - Up the mountain to kill the Moon Serpent
    - Head northwest, a little down the mountain to find the Sham, Gain Staff of Oak Sapling (tip: if you 'read' Fizram's scroll - I mean actually going into the item menu and pressing 'read' next to the item - you will gain the hint that the Sham is travelling disguised as a gnome. With this hint you don't have to give a magic item to her)

From here on out I'm not really sure how to finish. I'm fairly certain my current run is inefficient and there's some improvement possible, but anyway:

Day 5/6:
    - Back up the mountain and jump down back into the forest
    - head east and climb up the bridge in the middle
    - walk down the bridge to enter the eastern section of the map, kill the earth serpent
    - head for the shores of Lake Iklala, call the ferryman, row south toward the last beacon
    - Kill Air Serpent as he appears, enter the island of the last beacon, gain beeswax and activate the beacon
    - transport to the other two beacons and point them at the Time Serpent
    - Go west, kill the Time Serpent, then towards Xamen Road, killing the Water Serpent and Sun Serpent along the way
    - Finish the game during the evening of Day 6.

Consider all of this still a work in progress, though. I'm fairly certain I can crack 5 days with a little improvement, especially at the last few days in Lake Iklala. 8 days + everything is easily possible, though.

18. PaleTunaPls

PaleTunaPls Member

Jun 1, 2014
    #298 PaleTunaPls, May 8, 2015
    Anyone know if you can transfer a character between chapters without the need of an internet connection? Also, how can I report typos and errors to Inkle? There's an option to send feedback in Sorcery! 3 and 80 days, but not Sorcery! 1&2.

19. koalaoverlord

koalaoverlord New Member

May 8, 2015
    Horns

How do I cross the horns? I can see a bridge like structure, and have shone the beacon light on it, but there is no option to go across, and I am running out of food backtracking.:(

20. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok guys, this is killing the series to me, I wanted to make choices and let the story unfold, but when I get to the gate and they say learn the spell or be cursed I feel I have to, this sucks im wandering all around this map rewinding etc trying to find the spells and so far I only found 1 or 2, this is not fun at all. talking about sorcery 2, I enjoyed sorcery 1 but hate this idea of finding 4 spells to continue, tips without reading a guide?