Universal Sorcery 3 (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    It's tough but possible. Position the beam correctly and the first waypoint south of the Forest Tower, the stone circle, and the Steppes Tower will all be wavering between CT and AT.

2. IndyJohn

Dec 13, 2014
    I'm in the same situation just shy of a 4-day run. I end up spending a lot of time searching the forest for the Fire Serpent. Wondering if there is a way to shave that down.

I've reached the same conclusion that NBAS is not possible.

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    +1 Stamina from Nightfin Soup - you show the cook in Kariamma the scroll from the Flayer's hut in Khare, then return at night to eat the soup

Which scroll is that?

4. Kall

Kall Member

Apr 24, 2015
    You pick up the scroll from the box in the Flayer cook's hut in Khare, back in Sorcery! 2. You get a Gold Backed Mirror there too.

5. FalafelCopter

FalafelCopter Member

May 26, 2013
    I feel kind of stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to get onto the beacon island in the lake. Every time I go near (either time), it says that the shore is too rocky. It won't let me cast a spell or do anything else. Am I doing something wrong? I managed to kill the lake serpents already, so do I even need that beacon anymore?

6. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I've never had trouble getting there, but if you killed the Time Serpent the alternate way then you don't need to activate that beacon.

7. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #207 Kaboobie, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    I spotted it once or twice watching me but it can't be approached. Then I found it up a tree, south of the bridge at the west end. Maybe try going straight there? The stranglebush (strangleweed?) is just to the south, IIRC.

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    When you visit the man on the pole, he will get carried away by a bird after you talk. When clicking the right buttons one bird will carry you away, too. You will land exactly at the spot where the red serpent appears. Follow it into the woods to see it transform.

9. carnivalesque

carnivalesque New Member

Apr 29, 2015
  10. Oscar the singing hobo

Apr 22, 2015
    It was mentioned earlier that when you lose your legendary sword, you can go back to Aliizi's hut to find it again. Just a heads up to everyone, my experience was if you have both the long sword and the legendary sword, both get stolen, and only the long sword can be recovered at Aliizi's hut. I still haven't found if there is another way to get the legendary back.

11. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    If you have more than your original Analand sword and the legendary sword, you can sell them to the black elves and then you'll only lose the legendary.

Personally I don't think it's worth the time to meet Flanker; the gift he leaves you is no better than the legendary sword.

12. IndyJohn

Dec 13, 2014
    Early Air Serpent Kill

Blow the whistle. When you hear rustling in the bushes, cast HOT and throw the fireball in the bushes.

Problem - you then have to swim

13. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    That's odd, it was offered to me for 5 gold without haggling.

There's one more way to get a whistle, but it will upset Courga if he's your deity:

In the Fisherman's shack after you discover the corpse, cast ZEN, float up, and cut him loose. A whistle will fall out.

14. hotscorn

hotscorn Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I've noticed that she and the craftsman in the kattamen village will charge you based on how much gold you have on hand. When I got a medallion made with only 24 gold on hand, he only took 12 instead of the previous 20 or even 30.

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=260161][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259990][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260091][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260071][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260156][​IMG][/thread][thread=260068][​IMG][/thread]

Sorcery 3

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 23rd, 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own game!

Credit to Andy C83 for GotW logo

16. pendell

pendell Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Well lads, just did a Lorag walkthrough -- that is, in Sorcery! 2, allowed the city of Khare to be destroyed by goblins, got saddled with Lorag.

There is no way to get rid of him. Praying at any shrine or attempted conversion doesn't do it. While you CAN change guides, Lorag is simply interposed on top of the new one. You will never be free of him.

He interposes himself in all SUS and HOW , with sarcastic responses. I never bothered praying; figured it was a waste of breath.

On the other hand, he WILL decipher the
    goblin parchment
    for you. And there are times he just can't help himself; you can learn things about the archmage and the beacons you wouldn't otherwise learn, and conversation/action branches that would not otherwise be open.

He called me a toe-rag on the road to High Xamen. Being an American, I have no earthly idea what a toe-rag is, but I'm assuming a deadly insult of some kind.

Still, my discussions with him gives me some clues as to how this will all end:

ZED. We know in book 2 that he discovered it -- if you go to his house during the day and sit with him you can help him find the proper conjunction of stars to cast it. If you arrive later in the day, you'll see from his notes that he discovered it independently. Presumably he cast it -- it is a time travel spell. He twisted time to go back from the day we were in Khare to the days before the city existed. He founded the city, created the wall with its mass-destruction power, then used some horrid necromancy to bind himself to the town, waiting for you to come along.

Given the clue the lady in the cave gives us -- that even the spell starting with Z can be countered -- and given the messed up nature of time in the Baklands, I'm guessing that the Archmage also cast ZED. Only instead of traveling back in time, he somehow warped the baklands into some kind of time loop, where all times sort of flow together. The beacons, and our own travels, may have had a part in that.

I'm guessing that we will have to find a way to counter-spell ZED. if we can, perhaps we can prevent the baklands from being destroyed or this entire accursed timeline from happening in the first place. I hope so. I think it likely that our use of the beacons unwittingly caused terrible damage to the land, and I would help to repair it, if I could.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    How long does each sorcery take to play though?

18. IndyJohn

Dec 13, 2014
    4 Days all Serpents !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby!

Attached Files:

19. Kall

Kall Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Wow

I can't keep myself from going off the beaten path for items.

20. IndyJohn

Dec 13, 2014
    Time of Day & Events

Found out that the Ferryman is not there if you show up too early in the morning. You blow the whistle and doesn't show.