Universal Sorcery! 2 - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Sewcid

Sewcid New Member

Jan 26, 2014
    #141 Sewcid, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Aurelius: Great mind think... at the same time it seems :)
    I didn't botter in the jail to save the elven, I never saw any gain from it outside saving his life... before the fire. I did however get the sun Jewel on top of the fence... before getting back on the road :) This means I don't have to get it with the manthis-man (a not so usefull road between the Flayer's house and the Market) or at 15 gold in the upper Kharé market. I see you got it too anyway, not sure from where however.

For the rest, my run result was similar to yours. I decided too to worship Courga... but I don't know yet if it is a good or a bad choice for the 2 others App coming in.

Now I would so like to enter the Gardens of Briar!!! Anyone have clues about how to get in that section?

Also, outside the jail, Lorag and the house with the Blob, here is anything else interesthing to do in the Red Quarter? It seems pretty empty.

One last note, I didn't get the compas finaly, to not loose any gained items (I wanted my rope-ladder :D ). But I'm not sure if the compas can be used in other following books/app. If it is useable, I may have to re-do Kharé to get it, to help for the rest of the adventure.

Good night, Sew

2. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    I got the juwel from the market, haggle for 10 coins.
    I remember that the gnome said, that the compass is limited to kharé, so we should be save! :)

3. Sewcid

Sewcid New Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Ok then here is a tip for the free sun jewel, not being the manthis-man one:
    By the road, outside of the jail (this mean you haven't been jailed first and outrunned or feared the red-eyes), you can climb the wall with the levitation spell. At the top of the wall/fence, there is a Sun Jewel waiting for you. After that, you have the choice to land in or of the jail property to save or not the Elven.
    This so save you 10 gold

4. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Just played it and its amazing! Can somebody tell me other games like this?!

5. sorcery!

sorcery! New Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Ziggurat combinations

*** SPOILERS AHEAD
    For those that are interested, I have cycled through all 18 combinations for the top of the ziggurat sequence.
    There are 6 hidden spells:

LAK - creates a torrent of rain (no buff effects)

TAK - creates sparks in hand, choose close hand, pick black (obtain the black mask) or pick gold ( obtain the golden mirror)

LUK - increases luck? perhaps increases hidden luck modifier, as of yet I have not discovered the benefits of this

PUR - causes the cats around the city to all at once MEOW! as of yet I have not discovered the benefits of this

TAR - buff. Your body oozes tar, which then becomes a solid shell, you are frozen, when the buff wears off you are healed.

TUK - you produce an enormous burp, no buffs and no healing, not sure if this can be used with a benefit

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    TAK is the only one with real benefits if you choose the right color in the right time.

Greetings

7. FalafelCopter

FalafelCopter Member

May 26, 2013
    I did LUK and TUK during my run, and i got the impression that TUK had filled my stomach as if I had eaten. I can't confirm this though. I am VERY curious as to what LUK did. Perhaps it affects swindlestones in some way?

8. GhostJor

GhostJor New Member

Mar 14, 2014
    I need some serious help with this game.
    I've gone down the sere in the hall Flanker took me to, but no matter what I just seem to die from the flood. How do I survive it? And is there a better use for Flanker, or is this his only form of help?

9. Riptide22

Riptide22 New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Student
    California
    TUK heals you by three, I think

10. Riptide22

Riptide22 New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Student
    California
    I have three runs of Sorcery 1 saved - one with the Borrinskin Boots, one with the Studded Collar, and one with the Locket. I have also gone through Sorcery 2 completely with each of these runs, and have yet to find a way to access the Gardens of Briar. I can also say that it is completely possible to get the 4 spell lines and the order without going back in time.

11. Riptide22

Riptide22 New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Student
    California
    If anyone needs help....

If anyone needs help I can offer information and clues to just about anything, save the Gardens of Briar :D

12. Encephlon

Encephlon New Member

Mar 28, 2014
    #152 Encephlon, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    does anyone know how to incite a revolt against the goblin king?

13. danman987

danman987 New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    When i open clue's, they do not go away. ever. I was literally right at the end with 2 time jumps when i got stuck and had to do a total restart to fix it. Any fixes if i run in to it again

14. TheOmen2

TheOmen2 Member

Feb 27, 2014
    #154 TheOmen2, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Get captured and when you're taken before the goblin King pretend to be unconscious.

15. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    When's part 3 coming out?

I'd like to see a lot more use of the spell system in that one.. And not just have it optional have times where you can pick different ways of dealing with the situation but with magic I guess.. Also some sort of puzzle implantation.. I liked the dice game.. I'd like to see a town or something with all types of games... And even more area to explore.. Ya.. :/

16. Encephlon

Encephlon New Member

Mar 28, 2014
    ^ you sound unhappy with the game(s)? remember it is based on a novel series, and so the next game's areas are already predetermined.

Thanks!!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    As the other post said its based on a series of books so whatever is in book 3 will be in the next game. I thought the second book (Khare) was a large town/city to explore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorcery!

The third book in the quartet is called The Seven Serpents in which you cross a huge vast and dangerous wasteland.

Its a classic series of books, loving the iOS adaptions

18. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Hello guys just a few questions

How do weapons work? I have:

Sword

some other sword +2

legendary sword +4

silver sword -3 or something?

does it automatically equip the legendary sword?

also, in dwarf town
    there was a seller selling some chainmail item and a leather item, what do these items do? (i took the chainmail one)

finally,

how good is courga as a god?
    I got him first run when i was missing a spell line , byut when i went back in time he was no longer my god. the second time i met flanker again and we killed some guards at the empty council, which i learned stops me from talking to courga! how sad, sounded like a nice god at least. what am i really missing? or is it not early enough to know without having ways to test him without part 3 of sorcery

oh one more think, about vik.

is there any way to meet him?

19. danman987

danman987 New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    #159 danman987, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    First question: Yes
    about the gauntlets:eek:ne of them gives you better combat, don't know which one, can any1 confirm which are the real pair?
    Courga: we have no way of knowing yet but he sounds like the god that helps you a lot on the condition that you're not a jackass
    about vik: Yes. pretend your gladragors friend when captured by slavers and taken to the ship and he gives you a meeting (note, there is no meeting if you say your viks brother vaa-something, they believe you)

20. danman987

danman987 New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    What happens if you fight lorag in his house? i only ever managed to get him to appear once in all three playthroughs, and i wanted to know what loot he had, and if by doing so i couldn't join courga. also, which gauntlets from the merchant in dwarf town are real and which are illusions? Finally, does the test your luck thing at the thieves festival give anything good other then bracelet of bones and giants teeth?