Universal Sorcery! 2 - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. TNH86

TNH86 Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I think the Silver Key is of use when you pussy out in the collapsing cave and go back to the room where you killed the goblin.

The rope ladder can also be found the in warehouse in the red eye district. Its use is for the well in the wasteland. You can use it to safely reach the bottom of the well and also to go back up from that spot. I found its better used as a bartering item for the gnome(I think its the first item he steals from you).

2. kathode

kathode Active Member

Aug 15, 2009
    #122 kathode, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    So I was on my third trip around the game and finally had all the lines. I was heading into Courga's temple and barged into the fight with the snake. I thought I'd rewind and avoid it.

Instead of hitting a blue rewind icon, I accidentally hit a red one. It then took me all the way back to my first trip around, and I can't see any blue icons or any way to take that move back.

Am I totally boned or is there an undo available? This may spell the end of the series for me if not.

EDIT: I actually was saved by a new ipad! I restored an icloud backup from a few days ago and it came with a Sorcery 2 save that wasn't that far back. Inkle also IM'd me to say that it was a bug and they've been able to track it down.

3. zenki81

zenki81 Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hi BeefJerky,
    the creatures that u mentioned, are they the orclings before Lorag's house? I tried all the options but Sirisi did not appear

4. After.Shave

After.Shave New Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Has anyone been able to get into the garden of briar ? (the southern most area on the east side of Khare)

5. TNH86

TNH86 Member

Nov 6, 2012
    I've asked this before and noone answered. I'm guessing it's only accessible for those who got the collar/locket from Sorcery! 1. All my saves have the borriskin boots.

6. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Sorry I missed this until now!
    Can't remember if they're orclings or not. They're poachers eating pig, pretty close to the beginning of the game. If you sit with them and eat with them, Sirisi will come along.

7. elenos

elenos New Member

Dec 8, 2013
    #127 elenos, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Hi there, I'm stuck looking for
    the Temple of Slangg and his Priest so I can get the questions (easy and impossible one)
    , can anyone help me?

8. zenki81

zenki81 Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No issue BeefJerky! Thanks for the information! =D

9. Warlocks

Warlocks New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    please a bit of help, im stuck

please help me guys, im struggling in one issue and cant get past it for the past few days.
    I have gotten all the spell lines, except the one you get from Teetah , he forgot a word in his line, the god of pride. I know the god of pride is
    fourga
    , but cant get that information.. when i visit courga's temple and do the ritual successfully, he denies me my answer claiming I am not one of his followers, and that I killed someone therefore he denies me of anything.. and banishes me.
    how can I get that last word? this is the third and last time I can go back in time.

thanks in advance.

10. S1eepy

S1eepy New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Top of the Ziggurat

You can try to fashion spells from the top of the Ziggurat.
    There are 18 possible spells, only 6 of which will do anything.
    The 6 are;
    LAK, LUK, PUR, TAK, TAR & TUK
    The other 12 combinations end with the spell fizzling out unsuccessfully.

Here's what each spell does;
    LAK - summons a rainstorm

LUK - enchants you with luck (you can trust your luck instead of picking manually once in the game)

TAK - summons 3 sparks, which you can grab in your hand. You are given a different magical item depending on which colour you choose to grab. The options are;
    Black - black facemask
    Gold - gold backed mirror
    White - bracelet of bone

PUR - something to do with making the cats of the city purr

TAR - heals your stamina (fully?) after a moment of fright.

TUK - same as eating a ration

Hope this helps

11. Warlocks

Warlocks New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    thanks, but

I tried casting all the spells but none of them helps me.
    ive uploaded a pic to show you what im facing:
    http://imgur.com/MkWs2W3

it does not matter which option I choose, the god gets mad and demands I leave.. if I dont.. I just die..

can anyone please help me, maybe there is another way getting the name of the god of pride?

12. cstad

cstad Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Warlocks - another way to find the name for the god of pride is
    to go down into the sewers by the necropolis (through the old fountain in the wastes) follow the goblin army and stay close - you'll overhear the last two goblins discussing the beggar's line and find out the god's name
    By doing this, you'll end up missing the necropolis and Courga's temple and come out right by the gate.

For others, I've played this game through a bunch and I still have yet to visit the Gardens of Briar. At one point, the gambling monk discusses
    three dark elves who visited the Baklands are now living out in the wastes (maybe the guys in the hashish tent?)
    during a Swindlestones game, but I've never been able to act on the information.

And the locket doesn't seem to have any use, except as a barter item for some Swindlestone games.

13. Warlocks

Warlocks New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    :D

thanks alot cstad!
    my "god" may be slanng, but I finished part 2 :)

14. TNH86

TNH86 Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Does anyone know if theres a different way to get the Black Facemask other than the temple way?

15. cstad

cstad Member

Dec 13, 2013
    #135 cstad, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Looks like I'm going to be a game helper.... not that I mind, just means I've spent waaaayyy too much time playing this Sorcery and Sorcery 2.

Two different ways to get the Black Facemask -
    1. spend the night in the holding cell by the south gate at the very beginning of game (watch out for the old one-armed man, he will steal something from your pack if you are not careful) - when you are released in the morning, head right towards the inn (I think it's the Crooked Finger?) and you'll see a body come tumbling down the cliff. Inspect the body and you'll find a Black Facemask. 2. While investigating the city on the first day, get to the fish pond on the main road/cliff road near the bath house (it's the spot with the fish that spits in your ear and there's a gold coin in the bottom of the pond). Head down the center road from the pond (don't follow the roads that run along the cliff, in other words.) You'll run into Fangorn the Poisoner. If you avoid dying by using the name of Vik, he'll give you some money and a Black Facemask. I can't remember if you can still get the mask if you kill Fangorn - I think it only appears if you let Fangorn live.

I think there is at least one other way to get a Black Facemask....

16. TNH86

TNH86 Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Thanks. I guess I dont have to get it from the temple and waste a spell.

17. Gummo

Gummo New Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Stealing the
    from the poachers
    Has anyone successfully figured out a way
    to steal Sirisi's orb from
    the poachers?

I’ve tried nearly every possible set of choices, but no matter what I try,
    the orb always ends up shattered.

18. Sejuro

Sejuro New Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Graphic designer
    Poland
    Hello,

after finishing part 2 of Sorcery! I'm replaying part 1 for a better play. Unfortunately I’m stuck, maybe someone can help me with my dilemma:

I know that I need to go to Birritanti and talk with Glandragor in order to hear about Vik, but none of dialog lines indicate that (maybe I'm doing something wrong). Somewhere I've read that you can give Glandragor a locket with a picture of a women, but I don’t know where to find it (somewhere near the river bank, but where exactly?).

19. Sewcid

Sewcid New Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Single run walkthrough

After multiple hours of try and rewind, I made it. I found a way to single run Kharé with all the 4 "keys" (Poem/hint) + the extra clue "order of the sentences" in a single run, getting most of the item and gold Kharé has to offer, including the mighty Legendary sword.

So, it is feasible. I doubted it at first because of the choice you have to make at the start from going right (chain maker, doing so, you don’t get Sirisie…), front (Sirisie and its bunch of follower but missing half of Moula’s line) and left (house of Teetha and the horse, again missing half of Moula’s line, even using the horse).

If you need pointers, I will gladly give them but here is a little break down. North is upper right part of the map.
    1) You go right (chain maker) first, to the fair. Midway, you get your first half of a line (Moula's line)
    2) You do all the fair until up then leave by the Flayer's house junction
    3) You do the whole road down the first intersection (you wont get Sirisie and the idol that let you learn the prayer for Courga). This is where you get the second part of Moula's line.
    4) Then you take the last (left) road to the house of Teetha and house of Moula’s house
    5) You do the dwarf town (You can buy a lot of stuff there) and the artist market
    6) You do the slumps starting west to get the ladder-rope then middle and down to the fair again.
    Note: Never leave the slumps by the upper north-west road: you will cut yourself of many nice info / opportunities.
    7) Go back to the fair via the slumps, do everything there and go back to the slumps
    8) Do the steam house then the slumps center well (using the rope-ladder) and get the fifth clue that will help you with the 4 lines.
    9) Do those sewers BUT leaving by the way you came in, because of the rope-ladder (Get your rope-ladder back!)
    10) Reach the docks, passing by the Slaang shrine now closed (no big deal, no Sirisie anyway)
    11) Do all the taverns but DONT FREE FLANKERS of his vows! If you do, and go to the council, and kill a guard, you won't be able to get Courga as a God
    12) Reach upper Kharé via the bridge and go west by the red quarter to finally reach near the jail, northern part of the red district. Then, east, near Lorags house. Do Lorags house to get his complete line.
    13) Continue that way (east) to the blacksmith and get your legendary sword (40 gold)
    14) Continue to the statue and go to the gambling hall and gamble to death: Try to make everyone get out and finish with over 100 gold
    15) To the statue again and then to the market by the necropolis to buy everything you can (Silver bow and arrow minimum)
    16) Go back to the statue and reach the fireview square
    17) Leave that square by the south-east way down to the fallen quarter, passing the Shinva’s house
    18) Climb the broken house then turn left to reach Teetha the beggar. Do what is needed to get your clue (Well, half of the Tee that’s line).
    19) Going near the fence of the Necropolis, return west for the well and do what is needed to go down there. Again, use your rope-ladder
    20) Follow the goblins enough to get the other half of Teetha's line
    21) TURN BACK and get out by the only other sewer way and beat the Slime Eater. You won't see the king…
    22) Get out of the well at the end of the necropolis and investigate young gravestone until you find Shinva's mausoleum. The compass helps a lot there if you got it by the Gnome (not mandatory)
    23) Do the full mausoleum to get Shinva's line: You have now the 4 lines and the extra clue for the line's order
    24) Quite the Necropolis up north and do, or not, the Courga Ziggurat
    25) Reach the North Door and spell the spell to end this madness, saving Kharé from the Goblins at least.

This is it. Doing it in any other order will leave you at the end with only half of Moula's line, except if you use the Slaang Shrine or the Courga one (they become mandatory). Getting Teetha’s line and the Shinva’s line can get tricky too.

Enjoy. If you have other question, don't hesitate. I know the walkthrough is lousy but you will find your way and you will have to explore the game more. That is my goal.

Thank you Inkle for that superb adaptation. I can't wait for the 2 next opuses.

So please, for you hackers out there: Please buy it so they continue to develop so good adaptation of those old books.
    :cool:

20. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    #140 Aurelius, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    I had my Sorcery! day today. After some rewindings in part 2 I throw it all over and clicked myself trough part 1 and 2 again, finishing the second part in one walktrough while getting most (or all?) of the items.
    Interestingly enough I find that sewcid posted just in that time when I was about to :)
    There are many paths I ve done differently, but anyway.

Here are the items that you should be able to get in ONE playtrough (without turning back in time).

General:
    Stamina: 20
    Gold: 76
    Portions: 5
    God: Courga

Magical items:
    7 quantities of beeswax
    cloth skullcap
    pouch of sand
    6 pebbles
    5 doses of blumberry juice
    bamboo flute
    black facemask
    green-haired wig
    bracelet of bone
    sun jewel
    gold-backed mirror

Other items:
    snake-bite antidote
    tinderbox
    potion of mystery
    rope ladder
    walking cane
    borrinskin boots

Rations:
    5 meals
    handful of berries (beware not to eat!)

Weapons:
    sword
    breoadsword (+1)
    armband (+1)
    legendary sword (+4)
    bow and silver arrows
    silver chain
    leather gauntlet

Treasure:
    76 gold pieces
    badge of the seventh noble
    serpent ring

At the end of the story it says:
    -rescued an elven from the red-eyes
    -saved the cityport of kharé from destruction
    -spirit guide was replaced by courga, the god of grace
    -played fourteen games of swindlestones, winning them all
    -learnt the truth about what the crown does
    -learnt a riddle about the sleeping ram

edit: you can easily add some goblin and ogre teeth to that list, if you buy them in the first city (part 1) instead of the axe (which i did, but found out that it had no value in the end)