Universal Sorcery! 2 - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    The first one is quite short but the paths vary massively so you will only see a certain amount of what it has to offer on the first run. I ended up playing through the first app around five or six times and enjoyed it each time.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm a little OCD and kind of a perfectionist so maybe it'll last me a while? Is it one of the game books where you permanently die and must start again or does the game always carry on no matter what you chose?

3. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    You can die but it won't happen very often. You can choose then to go back to a previous crossroad point or, if you like, start all over again.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Pretty much this, it would be the best choose your own path digital variation I've played, until hopefully this one.

Bought and downloaded earlier but haven't had a chance to play yet, hopefully I'll get some time in tonight.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I know it says I don't need both but I've downloaded the first just I'm going to play that see how I like it and obviously run through it a couple of times and hopefully purchase this if I like it.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does Sorcery 1's decisions carry over to Sorcery 2? If so, how did the developer do it? Using iCloud?

7. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    At the end of Sorcery! 1, you'll get a code that you can enter at the beginning of the second game. It will carry over equipment, important decisions like people you met, saved, ect.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I remember reading that they do carry over into 2 but I couldn't tell you how as I need to complete 1 first!

9. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    GotY! No question. This is a revolution in storytelling. I was just on Inkle's site and found a Story Maker that lets you make these types of games FOR FREE. Jackson is a champion of creativity and Independance. Buy this game then buy copies for your friends. This may be th greatest game for iOS thus far.

10. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Loved the books when I was a wee kid. I guess this game captures some of that old paper magic?

Going to have to pick up the first one first though.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I have done this, as I'd rather get all 4 as they come out not just start from 2. I haven't actually started 1 yet though, I want to find an hour or so where I can focus just on the game with my headphone in to take it all in.

12. Wow, the graphics are pretty in this game.

13. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    This game is very cool, but the 'tweet' button that pokes you in the eye every five minutes is *really* pissing me off. It does not belong in this game, period. Nice, a game oozing with style and immersion - no, wait, no immersion happening when you are molested by twitter crap.

When will Facebook and Twitter piss off out of my games?

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree with that, its so common nowadays. I dont want to annoy friends and family by spamming iOS games, i dont want to annoy friends/family on twitter by spamming iOS games and doing their marketing for them.

Its sad when people do this just to get a few coins in a game, the second anyone does on my facebook/twitter accounts they're deleted.

As for the actual game it looks gorgeous, i cant wait to play it but i'm still 3 quarters of the way through the first game so i'm waiting to finish that

But please devs of the world ! Please take out facebook/twitter stuff , its so annoying

15. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

Hey!

Sorry you find the Twitter stuff annoying. It's not there to earn anybody coins! We use Twitter as our achievement system - if you tap the button you'll see "the cool thing you did". We think it's less intrusive than Game Center -- but still, a toggle to disable it wouldn't be a bad idea.

cheers and enjoy the game!

16. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    O, has anyone finished the game yet? I got there yesterday, but without the 4 lines of the spell and I was wondering what is happening if
    you choose the Abandon Khare option.
    ?

For those who know the book, some stuff happen here that is completely new. I would be interested in knowing why it was added by INkle.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Personally of much prefer GC I also hate twitter and Facebook on games, sometimes I'll allow games to link fb if it has multiplayer and let's me find friends but never posts as I personally never post either. Twitter I never touch...I have an account with nothing at all on it that I just use to tweet from games if I get a reward for doing so.

I'm not even bothered about GC either but it's more common than the others to be used for achievements, I like being able to see mine in game isn't there an achievements page?

18. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Would be a fan of having an option to turn the twitter prompt off too, otherwise a 5 star rendition.

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    This is just a plain silly remark about Twitter.It's not like it pops out ready every time you do something forcing you to tweet your every action, nor does it exist to get any bonus items/ achivements.Tweet button also blends nicely with other ones , so you shouldn't notice it after a while , being immersed in story telling.