Universal Sorcery! 2 - (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. esvath

esvath Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Hi!

I was wondering, does Sorcery 1 and 2 offer high replay value? I just bought 80 days, have played it six times and there are still many cities that I have not visited yet. Do Sorcery games also allow multiple path like 80 days?

Thanks!

2. darez

darez Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Does your reduced maximum HP from
    repeatedly traveling back
    carry over to sorcery 3?

Anyone knows where this goblin is?

3. pendell

pendell Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Pirate ship

Reading through this ... no one's made Captain Toulas (spelling)? That is, the beggar at the start of the game captain of his very own pirate ship?

Get the good captain into town when you first visit.

On your second night in town, choose to sleep on the docks instead of one of the inns and arrange to get yourself caught. Get thrown into the hold of the ship. Instead of doing anything intelligent, wait until a werewolf is lowered into the hold in a cage. Take any opportunity you can to cast a shield spell , to minimize your stamina loss, then pitch in!

This is a tough fight -- the hardest of the game , I believe. The werewolf will crouch in its armor and cannot be damaged so long as it is defending -- to damage it, you must bait it into attacking, then overpower it. If you don't use the shield the werewolf will ALWAYS take 4 HP off of you , even if you are defending. Nonetheless, it can be won.

Kill the werewolf and lead a few hundred raving mad slaves out of the hold in search of vengeance! Join the fight, use dum to disarm a slaver, then pitch him into the water for a swim. Do NOT kill him or Courga will, again, have nothing to do with you. Courga evidently believes it is unsporting to stab an unarmed man. What a high-maintenance spiritual guardian he is.

Now that the ship is yours, resist the temptation to take command yourself , say farewell to the newly minted Captain Toulas, dive into the river, and swim to the eastern shore. This will destroy your paper (save your spellbook) and provisions , but you can buy more food and you don't need paper anyway, not if you got Moulas' verse from the shrine.

So, yes, it is possible to make the beggar you meet at the beginning of the game the captain of a pirate ship. It is , in fact, so noted in the epilogue when you finish the game. I wonder if that will come in handy in book 3 or 4 ...?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

4. cstad

cstad Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Yea!! According to Inkle's Twitter feed, Sorcery 3 launches April 16!!

5. Cheezzhead

Cheezzhead Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015

It does carry over, but there are ways to restore it.

6. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2015
    #186 Kaboobie, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    It is possible to get all four spell lines and their order in one playthrough of Sorcery 2, so I would recommend just starting over if you have to turn back time. Better to go into Sorcery 3 with 20 stamina and increase it beyond that.

7. Sewcid

Sewcid New Member

Jan 26, 2014
  8. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    No, I just tried that, it's not a spell line. Just some text.

Attached Files:

9. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #189 Kaboobie, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
    I haven't confirmed this myself, but I read elsewhere that
    Courga knows Lorag's line, since Lorag was a follower

10. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    I'm trying to (once again) get a perfect run in Sorcery 1 and 2 before starting S3. Can any of you gents look over my item list and let me know if I have missed something? The one's I know I've missed, are listed at the bottom.

Attached Files:

11. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #191 Kaboobie, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    There are a few pieces of information you need to obtain besides the spell lines and their order. I thought I would list them here along with ways to learn them. I'll update this post if others have additions.

"Vik for first Noble" is needed to get past the werewolves to the North Gate.
    If you enter the burned hut on the way to the Dwarven Quarter, a shifty character will be lurking outside who will give you the phrase.
    If you sleep outside the first night and fight the werewolf, remove the armor after killing her. You can then ask the blacksmith if he makes wolf armor and he will reply with the phrase.
    The bartender at the Meat & Cleaver will give the phrase if you ask him about trade.

You must learn that Theetah is a blind beggar, otherwise you can't ask him about his spell line when you find him.
    The Dwarftown merchant can tell you one of the nobles is a blind beggar.
    The fire seller in the Artists' Quarter can tell you the same.
    You will have a chance to ask subsequent characters about a blind beggar and they will tell you it's Theetah. The troll who offers you a job is one, and Flanker is another.

You must learn that Shivna is dead and buried so that you know which grave to look for.
    If you eavesdrop in the steam room at the bath house, this is one piece of information you will gain.
    You can ask Lorag where to find the other lines after he tells you his.

If you intend to visit the Shrine of Slaang (one of two ways to get Moulas' spell line), you must learn the location.
    The character that rewards you after defeating Moulas' corpse will suggest you ask a priest when questioned about the spell lines.
    Tell the Dwarftown merchant you are looking for a priest and he will tell you the shrine is near the docks.

I'm not sure you absolutely need to know Lorag's name and/or the location of his house, though several characters will mention a scholar if you ask about the spell lines. Has anyone entered his house without hearing about him first and been unable to get his spell line?

12. Analander

Aug 24, 2014
    #192 Analander, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Playing this again for the hundredth time... some unanswered questions and thoughts.

1) In the sewers, you come across a skeleton tied to a grate. You can cut him down, and you even wonder what it is doing there, but you never find an answer. Anyone know about this?

2) In the fallen quarter, you come across a house that has been turned to stone, including a box with stone fruits. What's up with that?

3) For those who answered Slanng's easy question and got him as the god...how is he? Does he affect the later gameplay? I believe you can get Courga after getting him.

4) If you visit Theetah's mansion, and then step into the magical fire...
    you can find out that after being blinded, he tried to pray to Courga and pleaded with the God to "Give me back my eyes" (written with a 'childlike scrawl'). I had visited his mansion and the fireplace before, but I can't believe I never pieced this together before. Darn, I really felt sorry for him after reading that.

5) I found this easter egg (I maybe be clutching at straws here) in the Fallen Quarter. Doesn't it seem to foretell how to get rid of a couple of snakes in the next game? :D

Attached Files:

13. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    #193 Kaboobie, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    It was posted in the Sorcery! 3 thread that a bamboo flute can be found in Sorcery! 2. Does anyone know where? Maybe it's never shown up for me because I always buy it in Sorcery! 1.

Also, just for the sake of completeness I want to incite a riot against the Goblin king. I have gone into the sewers and been confronted by Goblins; I asked to be taken to their king but they just attacked instead. After fighting several of them, I followed them to observe the king, but I haven't succeeded in getting captured outright. Any help would be appreciated.

14. Balyos

Balyos Member

May 17, 2015
    Your Stamina has to be low so they manage to knock you unconscious, but I don't know the Stamina level that makes this happen. Just let one of the Goblin strike you a few times before killing him, and see after that if they decide to capture you.

15. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    You can get a bamboo flute from the tent in the northern part of the fair. Don't fully anger the creature in the cage, and you should get the flute. Then travel south to the passed out drunks and search their bodies to get the bone bracelet that you could have gotten from the creature in the cage.

16. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    It is not. It can also be used in Sorcery 3.

Speaking of which, when I had everything (and I mean everything) when I visited the Gnome, the three items he takes are the Black Facemask, the Sketch of the Fifth Noble, and the Handful of Berries. Since the latter two are irrelevant and the first can be acquired at Courga's temple, might as well trade for all three of his items.

17. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    Had no idea that you could cast TOP to help the girl get to her house in the NW. The dialogue confirms you need a strand of hair for the TOP spell, which is why I have waited to drink the potion that turns you bald.

Always finding new stuff in this game.

18. Kaboobie

Apr 28, 2015
    I let them get me down to 8 stamina but they still walked off. It's tough to throw a fight when they're so weak and I've been using the Potion of Mystery. ;)

19. Balyos

Balyos Member

May 17, 2015
    Someone posted about that recently (don't remember where) and it may also be useful in the upcoming Sorcery 4, that's why I went to Daddu-Ley on my perfect Sorcery 1 route. Also, Lorag talks about the Daddu-Ley caves as the source of the old spells he is trying to decipher and the text explicitely mentions that you are curious about his discoveries if you visited the caves in the first chapter.

Try below 5 then, I'm almost sure that the low level of Stamina makes them capture you.

20. Cowdog

Cowdog Member

May 19, 2015
    Same here. Can't get this option.