Universal Soosiz (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touch Foo, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This game, simply put, is f*cking awesome. Just had to pop in and give my congrats to Touch Foo for putting this out. It really is awesome.

My only hope is to one day have Game Center and full retina display support (even though it looks damn awesome on my 4th Gen iPod anyways, and takes nothing away from the awesome gameplay.)

2. Touch Foo

Touch Foo Well-Known Member

Retina display/Game Center update

We have just submitted an update with both Retina display graphics and Game Center leaderboards/achievements.

You guys were right, the game looks a lot better now with higher resolution textures.

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This is a dream come true. You should do a small promotion to increase sales!

Any word on your next project?

4. Touch Foo

It will be an Action-RPG game. The project is advancing slower than we originally anticipated, but we knew it could happen, so that is why we haven't talked about the release date yet. It will be done when it's done. :)

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Awesome, thanks.

6. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Is there absolutely no chance at all for a Soosiz sequel? Thanks for the update, by the way!

7. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Wow. Thank you!

How about a Sooziz 2 someday? :D

8. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Update out!

What's New in Version 1.3
    Added retina display optimized graphics.

Added Game Center leaderboards and achievements.

If you don't have this game already. GET IT! It's an Amazing game and the Retina and GC update just made this Complete.

9. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Thanks so much for the update. GC support and RD are both pretty important to me nowadays, so I really appreciate it.

It's unfortunate that I never even heard about Soosiz until it was free at one point, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for news on your next project. Maybe I'll even start waiting early in line.

10. Liberty Wings

Liberty Wings Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Very fun game, highly recommended!

And i got it for free!

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    lol same here...when did it drop to free? do u remember? it's ages ago :eek:

12. Liberty Wings

Liberty Wings Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I can't remember exactly, but i believe it was October last year or something like that :D

13. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Fantastic update!

14. Evilblackout2

Evilblackout2 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Computer Tech
    Los Angeles, California
    Yeah update was appreciated one of the best platformers on the idevice

15. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    AppShopper says Oct 07-11.

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    It's great to see a game updated with GC achievements that work. It was fun to watch 18 or so achievements drop down upon opening. On the other hand, the leaderboards seem glitched. For starters, it only takes your score for the first level into account for your overall placing on the boards. Also, I don't think the 2 digit levels are accepting scores at all, could this be related to the blue coin levels 10-16 being shown as 0-6 on the level maps?

17. Touch Foo

It should accept scores for all levels. We've tested them all and can already see some scores on all levels in the live servers as well. Showing the double digit levels as 0-6 is a display bug related to changing the names of the levels, but will not affect to how the scores are submitted.

If for some reason you were not logged in to Game Center when you played the level, then the game will not display or remember the score. If however you saw the score in the bottom left corner, then the game should remember the score until it has been successfully submitted to Game Center. All pending scores will be resubmitted when you reopen the game.

18. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #658 Matt33, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
    Hmm..that's strange. I just played blue coins 10 again, knowing for sure GC was on. Now I can see scores on levels 10-16, unlike before. My bad. So is there a reason why "#x out of x players" only shows up under the blue coins 1 section in GC?

19. Touch Foo

I see what you mean now. It doesn't make much sense actually. No idea why it works that way.

20. Dazarath

Mar 21, 2010
    I think it's like this for every GC-supported game. The developer chooses a "default" leaderboard, and that's the only one which says #x out of y players. That's also the one that shows up when you're looking at your games list in GC.