Universal Soosiz (by Touch Foo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Touch Foo, Oct 9, 2009.

1. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Get back to work.jk:D

2. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I watched the video provided on the first page and I immediately thought this looked like a combination of Super Mario Galaxy (gravity-based platforming) and Flicky (making smaller creatures follow you as you take them to an exit), which is a very interesting idea indeed. I like the graphical style and little attentions to detail, like the main character wearing a snorkel while under water.

3. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    I have three questions (only two of which will impact my purchase decision):

1) Does it save the game state between launches?
    2) Does it let you listen to your own music?
    3) How do you know which way way to go?

Thanks, Michael

4. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I saw the videos, I bought the game.
    I'm very pleased with it :)
    The gameplay is perfect for the moment, I've no problems to move between the different planets or to find my way (I was a little afraid of these when I saw the video). Fighting enemies and jumping is totally smooth, it's great. I like too the special powers with the little guys and the 'collect blue coins' bonus levels too ;)
    Graphics are not the most beautiful I saw on iPhone but they really suit the game. The 2 sides of a level are very unusual (I like unusual :D).
    Music is ok, no really in my tastes but I can listen my iTunes playlist, so I won't complain about this :p

Totally enjoy the first levels and it's hard to put out my iPhone to write here ;)
    Great work, it's my favorite platformer ^^

5. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    1) no i don't think so, unless there's an option i'm missing...
    2) yes it does! i'm listening to Mr Bungle's "Disco Volante" quite a good combination. i do want to check out the game music though, hopefully it's as great as the rest of the game.
    3) you just kinda know. the platforms tend to lead into one another, but what matters most is how you go!

6. rlcooper

rlcooper Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    DBA & Senior Web Developer
    CT
    Best platformer on the iphone. I should have waited to DL this until after work. Great Job Touch Foo.

Only think i would like to see added is achievements and Plus+ would be nice.

7. aloepar1

aloepar1 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    USA
    You restart at the beginning of the last level you unlocked (unless I'm missing something). It would be a nice update if we could restart exactly where we left off.

The controls, sounds, graphics and level designs are perfect :)

8. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Wow, so every time you start the game you have to go back to the beginning? That's not good.

Michael

9. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    Already asked but I want to buy this NOW :) Can someone who has played the game let me know if it is controlled by a virtual pad ? I hate virtual pads...........ruined castle of magic for me. Can't see the video until I get home.............

And do you like the controls ? that's my biggest problem with platformers on the iphone.

10. aloepar1

aloepar1 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    USA
    It does have a virtual d-pad, and I also hated CoM because of it, but in this case for some reason it works perfectly, maybe because it is only left and right. If you found the controls for Inkvaders fine, then you are going to love this game.

11. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    ahh the closest way that super mario galaxy will ever come to the iphone

the game is really fun, its almost impossible to put down and at a price like this theres no stopping!

im just curious did super mario galaxy influence this game in any way?

12. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    no you don't have to replay levels that you have completed, although you can if you like. what i meant was that if you exit the game mid-level, you don't resume at that exact point when you reboot the game.

13. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    No, it's a platformer :p You have different levels on a map, and you unlock the new levels. So when you go out, you keep your unlocked levels and achievements.
    But in a level, there is no "check point" (I don't need one for the moment) ;)

About "being lost": when you use the "glass" on the right corner (under Pause), you see the part of the level you are + the way to the door + the way to the others little guys, like in Rolando (but you can't touch them).

I will be happy if in a next update, we could have moving camera (with 2 fingers touch). I want to see all the level ;)

14. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Getting this tonight when I get home! :D

15. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Darn it, now i really need a itunes card :mad:. I have not read the whole thread, but has he said anything about updates.

16. DrJ

DrJ Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    considering the quality, difficulty, and length of the game, updates really aren't an issue, except for minor mods like the zooming thing that Zaz wants. personally i like not knowing what the whole level looks like!

17. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Is doing a review, up to 600 words and not even half way. To summarise my thoughts:

'The best platformer on the iPhone, and an amazing game in general, but it has a few minor flaws that are really noticeable to fans of the genre, but otherwise an excellent game. Worth way more than it's normal price of $2.99.'

18. lorry9

lorry9 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    i just downloaded i love it, cant wait to play it.

19. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    been playing for an hour, the music reminds me of penny arcade!

20. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    what? That doesnt make sense, believe it or not.