Sony was hacked again..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by RttaM, Jun 3, 2011.

1. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
  2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not PSN though. This is the 5th break-in Sony have had since PSN went down, hackers are just targeting every division they own. The latest one is sonypictures.com servers.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    >plaintext
    >facepalm.jpg

5. Eupatria

Eupatria Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    That's the problem
    Big Apple
    yeah, I heard of it yesterday and the hackers indicated: "it's just the beginning!":eek:

6. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    What are the hackers even doing it for? It's just getting Sony no where, if it's a protest. They aren't even telling what they even want. If it's to make a joke out of Sony, I'm more pissed off at THEM than Sony.

7. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Dirk hacked them :D

8. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Even if they don't have a real purpose for doing it, they are at least exposing security vulnerabilities. So it's useful for people in the long run.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yep, in the end Sony will batten down the hatches, which they obviously needed to do and obviously weren't doing on their own. It seems they needed to be kicked in pants. Repeatedly.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It sounds like a happy ending, but then it makes you wonder... if a company as big as Sony are this vulnerable, how many others are just as bad? I doubt every company with a weak security system is going to upgrade because of this one example (as much as they should anyway), they're more likely to wait in ignorance until it happens to them too.

11. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    And to think that only SQL killed off 1,000,000+ email accounts. I believe the people who did the attack are naming themselves "Lulz Security", or something like that.

12. VaronaAlba

VaronaAlba New Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Personal sectary
    ItÂ’s pretty heard to believe that Sony had to face such bad crisis; hackers are seriously spreading all over the world.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    More and more security is not good for anything, in the end it will be a source for slowdowns, shut downs, more expenses, etc.

Unfortunately, all systems have security flaws, the only way to make them invulnerable is to make them unavailable i.e. take them offline. At least in the US the penalties for hacking private companies has not been shown to be severe enough to discourage people. And, since the activity takes places in countries that encourage, or at least do not make it criminal, these attacks will continue. Sony just happens to be making the news now. I'm sure other institutions are already being targeted.

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    *sigh*

Jesus Christ.

15. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    *sigh

Is this where the future is headed? Where when a large corporation attempts to pump out mass amounts of entertainment and suddenly "hackers" pop-up with the sole intention of exposing the "security" problems? Can't we all just live in unity? Was it so hard to say, "Hey Sony we're experts at digital encryption and such, we noticed your security wouldn't suffice in the case of a digital terrorist attack, we suggest you amp it up for the sake of your users!" There, that's all they needed to say!

*IMO*

16. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

They didn't hack it because of security flaws, they hacked it because Sony is treating their customers badly.

17. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This should be correct. I read that they were protesting because Sony left out numerous features for the PS3 and PSN, like backwards compatibility to play PS2 games.