Universal Sonic Runners Adventure (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LethalX08, Dec 20, 2017.

1. cenn

cenn Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I'm upset that this has Billy's seal of approval, and ISN'T in the Japan store.
    Switching accounts is hard work...:p

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    With all the premium titles coming out the second half of 2017, i think Gameloft is now considering premium pricing on some of their releases, this being the first one. My guess is, it's a sort of test to see how well a famous IP like Sonic can do as a premium title, considering a lot of premium titles have come out recently and do well (somehow).

Also, im thinking Nintendo Switch may have something to do with the premium games' comeback into mobile. Just a random thought this one.

But im glad to see Gameloft at least giving premiums a shot again. Back in the day they were THE go-to publisher for fantastic premium titles.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Yes we do. I grew up playing sonic on my sega Genesis and on my portable sega game gear. I've bought Sonic games on every platform it's been available on. I will continue to do so. When sega screws up I call them out on it. But when they do right I give them props.

This is a fun game. I wish we could get Sonic Forces on IOS.

Billy

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really hope Gameloft starts up the premium thing again, I'll literally start paying them money. Now I don't touch Gameloft games at all when at ONE POINT I thought Gameloft was the best developer on the app store. Their games played really well and were the most popular. Though I'm still upset at them for removing all their old premium games which were mostly amazing. They probably want to push people to their freemium offerings.

5. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

are they doing any limited events for the holidays?

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    My sentiments EXACTLY! I know we are going slightly off topic but it's good to talk about it. I started playing premium Gameloft games way back when I had an Android device and I paid for every game. I loved Backstab!!! When they went to the other model I gave up. That's why I was apprehensive about getting this sonic game. I was pleasantly surprised and couldn't be more happier. I too hope that Gameloft starts offering more premium titles or atleast giving us the option to make a title premium. I don't mind if it's a bit more expensive.

It's too bad we can't give a finders fee to Touch Arcade however since this is the site I find every single game.

Billy

7. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Either Gameloft paid Sega the money for the license to make a Sonic game on mobile or Sega outsourced the game project to Gameloft.