Universal Sonic Dash - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    It looks like I'll finish all the missions tomorrow (Play 6 days in a row is all that's left). I'll let everyone know what happens in the morning.

2. Jfilesguy

Jfilesguy Member

Oct 29, 2012
    #162 Jfilesguy, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Ahh... And to think, before this was a thing I thought "Hey! What's a way that both 3D Sonic games and 3D auto runners can finally realease their full potential?! I know! A 3D auto runner styled after Rayman Jungle Run, but with even cooler level design and an awseome sence of speed!"

Looks like Sega half agreed with me. What with the fact that it's a 3D runner with Sonic. Hooray for lack of deeper meaning! :D

3. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Has anybody found a meaningful difference between the characters? I dont have enough red stars to unlock someone, but if there is no difference, i wont do it... Untill they release more characters that is. I want Shadow.

4. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    So I have now completed all the missions. After you finish, the mission section says "New Missions Coming Soon."

Here's the good and bad news.
    Good: There are definitely plans for updates.
    Bad: You cannot unlock any character besides Amy without IAP at present. I finished with a total of 35 red rings.

Not sure how I feel about that. I may have to drop my rating until Sega Hardlight is a little less stingy.

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    So you can't start the missions from the beginning to earn some more red rings??

6. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Nope. Once you finish, you finish.

7. Elixir

Elixir Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Canada.
    K so the only reason I brought this was because of Sonic.
    ...You know, the least Sega can do is remove the IAP prompts after every death. Aside from that, major updates are needed including more zones, because this game really should be free but as same with me, it hit #2 simply because Sonic.

8. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    So stingy... You'd think they would at least scatter red rings throughout the course when you play and drip feed them to you. Especially since the app wasn't free from the beginning. I'm very curious to see the next update now. How was Sonic Jump before updates?

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Aye there is a lot I'd like to see change here, I'm still doing my missions but my high score is 172k now. I keep coming back to this game so I really do hope they work on it...I won't list what I'd like since the devs don't come here.

But I too think its stingy with the price of the game to not be able to get the other characters without IAP.

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I read on a review that characters dont change stats or anything like that, only the looks.

11. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Yup, I unlocked Amy, and she is exactly the same. Her run animation is cute though! lol

12. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    My son would HAVE to have Knuckles. Shame if he couldn't use his tail and fly.

13. bendodson

bendodson New Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 13, 2013
    iOS Developer
    UK
    I finished the missions today (top score is just over 400k) and found it quite frustrating that there is just a "more missions coming soon" screen. I was hoping for the ability to either get more red coins (can't see a way to unlock characters without paying) or to get to a new zone. I can see an interesting looking island in the background (looks like a tower) but can never get to it.

As others have commented, it is very IAP heavy for a paid game (and not a 99ยข game either) - with the prices they expect to unlock characters, I think the game would have done better in the 'free' bracket but then as an indie dev I'm glad to see a company charge a good price for their product.

The game is excellent; I'd just prefer there to be more to do!

14. abodi

abodi Active Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Well the writing was on the wall folks. Now free.

15. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I was waiting for it. I think that is the fate of all the endless runners, becoming free in a short time. Quality is irrelevant.

16. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    #176 Mookmonster, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Downloaded after free. Am i alone in thinking the game is frustrating and stupid? I dont get any sense of speed, and the game makes it far too easy to die in what feels like unfair circumstances. Deleted, just not very fun.

17. syafectz

syafectz Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Im waiting for this moment :D frebieeee

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I am very disappointed in myself for paying for this one. On day one I bought it, tried it, and promptly deleted it. Then I redownloaded TheEndApp, and have been very happily running in that ever since.

I really hope more content comes to Sonic Rush, but I just don't know if it'll ever hook me like I thought it would. However, for free, I definitely recommend the download. You'll be able to see if it's your cup of tea, and if not, then maybe when they roll out some more content it'll be better for us all.

19. Elixir

Elixir Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Canada.
    Still paid....

In other news, red rings are now obtainable with daily missions... 2 rings a day after 3 days in a row.

Just needs much MUCH more content, such as more areas to travel to. Animations get boring after a while, and how about boss battles and hole traveling? Things in the original Sonic game.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm.. despite the update saying they tweaked to remove certain deaths, the game still is pretty cheap.