Universal Sonic Dash - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 6, 2013.

1. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I wonder if new missions will ever be added.

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Not sure, but their Twitter says the next update will have new track layouts. @HLGames

3. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    New update is pretty spiffy. Main menu is a lot easier to navigate now, it seems that the double-mine obstacle has been taken out, and the new obstacles are a nice refresher. Difficult, but not too difficult. I noticed a couple other subtle changes in obstacles. The shield is a cool addition as well. The distance signs are strange though. It's hard to pay attention to the majority of them because if you look you'll die.

Honestly I think the last major change needed is some differences in the characters.

On a side note, did anyone ever experience a camera glitch? There was one instance while I was playing (previous update) where I was running around a corner and suddenly the camera jerked around Sonic and showed him from the front for about two seconds. Luckily there were no obstacles to screw me over.

4. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Yeah, the update is pretty good. So glad they removed the double mines, they were so annoying and were quickly sucking the fun out of the game. I hope they add some new scenery/music soon though...

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have encountered double mines, but after many points (+250,000?). There are new layouts which IMO are more difficult than the previous. What this game urgently needs is new scenarios. The two available get very repetitive quickly...

6. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    Yeah I finally got the double mines a little while after posting, but they're very uncommon. I'm loving most of the new obstacles, but I noticed a new overly difficult one: the cliff right in front of a couple tunnels. You need extreme reaction times to clear it. It's not as bad as the double mines from the previous version, but it's basically an insta-lose when it does happen.

I'm loving the sense of urgency on some combinations though. I feel like a champ when I do them.

New scenes, character differences, new music. I wouldn't mind the option to switch item boxes to the old monitors from the original games, too. And maybe switching to Super Sonic during spin dashes? Nah, I'm asking for too much now. lol

I stopped playing Temple Run 2 once I unlocked all the powerups (10M meters? HA HA no) and only played twice after the recent update. I'm almost done unlocking everything in Sonic Dash but I see myself continuing to play, especially with the regular updates.

7. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Thats the spirit! Finally someone else finds that giving this game a chance to be rewarding. Or at least enjpyable.

Though I admit, I haven't played much since the latest update. I can't seem to play for 5 days in a row anymore. :(

I really want character abilities. All I need is Amy and I have 'em all.

8. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I'm pretty sure VirtualBoyFreak took me off his friend list because he couldn't beat my score. L to the O to the L.

Anyway, I've been on day 5 since they added daily challenges, so I'm playing it every day, but I don't like the new obstacle set. A lot of it is visually confusing, especially when there's two barriers with one place to roll under in the second one that you can't see until you're already likely in the wrong late. Double mines are less frequent, but they were just a coin issue; they shouldn't have been replaced by solid barriers.

9. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    Though I do think those double roll barriers are a little annoying, I've learned to look out in the distance when possible to sort of preempt obstacles like those. I generally don't have much of a problem with them now. If I can't see the second one then I usually jump instead. I actually kind of like the visual confusion of the new set; like I said it keeps me on my toes and I feel like a champion for clearing them. :D

But there's also the issue of obstacles occasionally being absurdly close to the end of a corkscrew and you wind up dying or losing your coins no matter what.

PS I had that camera glitch again the other day. This time my character was off-screen for a good second or so, and on a turn. Happened in another obstacle-free area, luckily.

10. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    Does anyone still play this game? lol

They released 1.4 today and I'm rather disappointed with some of the changes. The double swipe no longer works. You have to release your finger every time you want to make a move. I've already died several times because I either wasn't fast enough for a tight obstacle or I tried to double swipe out of habit. They also changed the lighting on the characters. Amy looks radioactive. It also mentions global challenges but all I'm seeing is Facebook login. It gave me a red star ring for that.

I do enjoy the aesthetic changes on the course though. Still only two themes but things look nicer now.

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I got tired of it. Bear in mind I also got tired of most of my other runners though, so I still say this is one of the best.

That's a gamble. Someone might like a certain character, but not their statistics.

12. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Restored my iPhone and lost all progress

Restored my iPhone and lost all progress!?!??!??!

All red stars, completed missions, high scores, unlocked characters and everything.... Seriously????

Anyone else experienced this?

No other game has this issue, just Sonic f-in dash.

13. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Reinstalled this game today. It has definitely been improved. I dunno how but I went from 0 to 17 red tokens in a matter of minutes. Plus the global challenge will have me playing at least until August 5th to see if the community unlocks it.

14. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    The latest update is definitely the best out of the last few updates, until it deletes all my progress. What's the point of game centre, iCloud and itunes backup if it still deletes my progress.

I loveD this game. and I might play it again if I ever reinstall it.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2013
    with the latest update and ios7, the game crashes everytime at the loading screen after the hardlight logo screen. anyone got the same problem?

16. Numba One

Numba One Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I'm on iOS 7 as well and I was able to play through the tutorial of the game. But now the same crashing is happening for me.

17. Me too, game is still fun and improved.

18. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    There's a new global challenge to unlock Blaze the Cat. It doesn't seem like the "community" is doing too well. Barely filled the first bar over 2 days and there are 4 bars to fill and 7 days remaining. ;(

19. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You're supposed to update the app before installing iOS 7 or your progress will be wiped. It says in the appstore description.

20. Yeah, weird how alot of games are losing game progress cause of ios 7.