Universal Sonic Dash - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 6, 2013.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #221 worldcitizen1919, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    I really wanted to like this but there's nothing to do anymore except chase red rings. It's a very unbalanced game. They could make it fun if they balanced the power ups but they're deliberately designed to be useless to promote IAP. Also game design is done randomly so you die often and make it very difficult to memorise as the layout changes frequently.

Once I've maxed out all power ups I've got nothing to do anymore unless I want to spend countless days trying to get red rings for what?

There's only one power up you can buy with in game coins??? I've maxed out everything and there are only red ions remaining. Also I'm having crashes to springboard often looks like a memory leak. In the middle of a run and the app just quits.

2. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    New update (V 1.1.2)

3. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012

Still crashing to springboard on ipad 3 after this update. Why can't we convert say 2,500 coins to a red coin? I've maxed all my power ups and bought double coins and there's nothing more to do unless I can buy red coins with gold coins. That would be cool. But the crashes happen just when I'm on a run.

I had almost complete a goal and crash to springboard!!?m

The update didn't fix the crashes on ipad 3. Nothing much has changed unless you let us convert coins to red coins. Who's gonna buy red coins?

4. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    I think this last update made the game a lot stingier with regular rings. Used to be the ring bonuses you got between levels and the rings you got from containers on the track were often 50 or 100. But I played for a long time last night and could only get 20s and 10s.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I just had a go after reading this and got both 50 and 100 between levels in the same run. You must have been on an unlucky streak :)

6. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Wow, right before the update I unlocked Tails in the daily challenge lottery. ^_^

Now, I've noticed that Knuckles is a possible prize. Is it Knuckles for all of you as well? I was just curious if that was part of the update or because I unlocked Tails.

By the way, I love Tails running and jumping animations. He looks great! I just wish they would give each character unique animations when they perform tricks after a springboard. Especially for poor Amy. Showing her bloomers after every trick is kinda wrong. Lol

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Wasn't expecting this when I started:

[​IMG]

8. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    It's still Tails for me. And I agree, the Amy animations need an update!

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It's Amy after Tails in the cycle. If Knuckles pops up its likely because you already got Amy.

10. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Finally beat all the missions. I keep checking back in for the daily lottery, but my bad luck is holding true and all I get are gold rings, which I don't really need. I guess I'm done with this one.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Same here, gold rings three times and boost starts twice. It's somewhat annoying. Even the red rings prize would give me enough to be able to afford Knuckles while I keep trying for Tails.

12. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I'm still playing mostly due to the daily puzzle pieces, I don't have a ring doubler so I still need coins for upgrades but otherwise i'm done with the game also, I have amy unlocked but since it's just different visuals and no new moves i'm not that fussed about the others unless I unlock them for free.

I paid for the game day 1 so sega already have my £1.49

13. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Are puzzle pieces supposed to become less and less frequent as the longer into the day streak you are? Or am I just having the worst luck?

I think I'm on the 7th or 8th day of this streak. Usually I get all 4 pieces within 5 or 6 sections. Well I'm on my 7th or 8th section and I've only found one.

14. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #234 MidianGTX, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    I'm on day 9 or so and it just took me 7 passes to collect all four.

...and just got 20 red star rings! No money spent on IAP and now I have Knuckles :)

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After more than 15 days with consecutive prizes, I've won 20 red rings twice, which along the missions allowed me to unlock Amy and Tails, and today I won Knuckles, so I've got all the playable characters unlocked for free :D The only special thing I did was on this last time, since I knew where the button to stop the roulette was, I clicked immediately instead of waiting to see the pictures of the presents I could get. I believe it was coincidence, but the thing is I won Knuckles. The rest of the times I got hearts to continue, speed starts and several 400-ring packs.

16. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    On ipad 3 I get regular crashes in the middle of runs. Not good

17. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Some of obstacles are not that visible, right up till you are too close to dodge them. Aso no easy way to restart a run. A zillion things to tap and dismiss before you get to the action. Pure torture, if you're used to Temple Run.

18. ios gamer365

ios gamer365 Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    How u sign into game centre?? On sonic sash

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Three things to tap, I think :p

Not the fastest of restarts, but hey, if you can spare five seconds...