Universal Sonic Dash - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 6, 2013.

1. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    If that was the case that would be a pretty extreme punishment for something incredibly harmless. Setting date and time isn't quiiiiiite as bad as pirating. Especially when I already paid 1.99 for this :(

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I see your point. I don't think it's intentional either, sounds more like a bug. If it happens to someone travelling and crossing time zones then they've got a problem.

3. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Yeah, I'm not entirely sure if setting the date/time is the exact reason why I encountered this problem but its just a possibility. The only conclusion is that this bug really really really sucks.

4. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Wow! For free?! Really?! How odd!

I mean its not like the game ever bore any resemblance to freemium style games... not any at all... ever!

5. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    It IS pretty meh... I played for about ten minutes before getting tired of it and deleting it. Good thing I didn't waste any actual money on it.

6. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I don't understand why this game is not available in Japan...

7. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Bloody hell I bought this for 1.99 I would not be mad if the game was not impossible without IAP. Sega is so horrible with new titles on iOS when will large companies like sega take mobile games seriously instead of using nostalgia to sell games.

8. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Sadly true

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    What's impossible? Unlocking optional characters that add nothing to gameplay?

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I feel fortunate for not spending anything on this game, yet another repetitive endless crap loaded with IAP. Deleted.

Oh Sonic, how low!

11. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Played for 5 minutes, then deleted. Glad I didn't spend any money on this. It simply lacks the spark of the better endless runners. Lots of cheap deaths, too. Sega is better than this ... right?

12. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Reading through the new reviews on the App Store it seems I'm not the only one that lost all data after the update. Probably the worst update I've ever seen. Not only did the game become more laggy but loading times increased, the obstacle placement did NOT improve despite their goal and the game seems to run slower in general or maybe I'm hallucinating. ALL would be forgivable however if it wasn't for loosing data. But I'm done whining about it. Just gotta move on and play other games.

13. ios gamer365

ios gamer365 Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    K what the hell! I pay .99 an now it's free?!?! Bastards

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Yeah well a lot of us paid 3 bucks and we're cool with it. It happens A LOT in the App Store. I'm more surprised you're not used to it by now. :)

15. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Glad I didn't pay for this: IAP, IAP,IAP = deleted.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    You people are genuinely annoying me now. Record yourself playing and I'll tell you what you're doing wrong. Seriously.

17. NotCoolBro

NotCoolBro Active Member

Mar 20, 2013
    #217 NotCoolBro, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    I apologize if that somehow offended you. I've already deleted the game since writing that a couple days ago but from what I recall the obstacle placement felt very much the same as they were before the update. There were probably subtle changes in the update that I didn't give enough time to play through to notice but I'll keep my open for them next time I reinstall.

Rereading my last comment I was kind of in a rage when I wrote "worst update ever" but loosing your data will do that to you. I've calmed down since then I guess.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont tell me you didnt experience what they were talking about?

The placement are cheap (outside the iOS runner norm) in a way that you have to mess up on those sequences a few times before you actually realize what to do.

Like in our previous exchange, this requires more memorization than it does reaction, and you agreed, as this is how it was on previous Sonic game.

Thing is, this isnt any of those previous Sonic games, and they try to make Sonic Dash a unique experience as an endless runner as compared to other endless runners.

The uniqueness however, isnt easily accepted by the masses because of how they were accustomed to use Reaction to play runner games.

This means that for those willing to f*** up a few times to realize what they should anticipate in the next runs will most likely have a positive view on the game, and those that rely solely on reaction will most definitely call the game cheap.

I do love the game, but i do understand what the other people feel during the first runs they did in Sonic Dash, and since they were surprised and frustrated on this "new formula" for a runner game, they dont give it a second chance and dismiss it right away.

I know, i felt that during my first runs in the game, and memorizing sequences isnt an easy thing to do if you're used to all other runner titles.

19. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #219 worldcitizen1919, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    I've had a really good play around with this and can't really recommend it. I bought it before it was free. Yes there s slight lag at times but what annoys me is that the power ups are completely useless. I've maxed all my power ups and they're hopeless. For instance the magnet. Utter useless. I maxed it out but it doesn't last hardly any longer than on one bar. Add to that huge gaps between coins and you can toss your magnet in the ocean.

Too hard to get red rings. Way too hard. Even maxed out headstart is crap. Why do you think they have a super head start for red rings? $$$$$$.

If you got it free -great but if like me you paid you got robbed. Not worth a dime. I've maxed everything and there's nothing to do now except go after red rings and I just haven't got the time.

This s another one of those really, really very bad games where all development and gameplay s centred around IAP instead of FUN and each and every segment designed to make you frustrated so you'll buy red rings. How can you possibly memorise anything when it changes everything around randomly and knowing you'll die and then offering a revive coin?? This is a perfect example of how to ruin what could have been a classic. Pop ups all over the place saying "give me more money" at every turn. A terrible game.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't really get your point. This isn't -those- Sonic games, but it's still a Sonic game. I think it's quite clever how they've managed to adapt a similar play style to what is otherwise a boring genre. When the day comes that gamers refuse to put any effort in and expect great results, I'll dig my own grave and jump in.

I agree with that last comment about power ups being useless though. And red rings are definitely too hard to acquire, but I'm not too bothered by that, new skins don't change the gameplay at all. If you don't enjoy playing as Sonic it's probably not going to get much better when you play as Tails or Knuckles.