Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #141 awp69, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Thanks for the tips. Still having problems. I think playing Asphalt 8, which also has gate drift events, I'm used to how to drift correctly in that game. Also find it easy in Ridge Racer Slipstream, where it's integral to the entire game. In A8, I never was fond of the drift events and usually saved then until I needed stars from them (since you choose your races each season) but I still never had that much trouble with them.

Hopefully, I'll get the hang of it. I would suggest removing that message recommending B.D. Joe if you're having problems. It does seem like a veiled attempt to want you to get an IAP, which he is only available in a $10 one, which is an immediate turn off.

2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game have iCloud support?

3. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    #143 xxteargodxx, Jan 2, 2014
    Yes it does.

EDIT -
    @SumoSpartan

Where would I put information about the App crashing? Or perhaps if I tell you here you could forward it to the appropriate team for a fix?

I was playing World Tour the Dragon Canyon (Race 2) and it crashed after the race had ended.

Also is this a port of the Vita version?

4. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Does this mean the VIP Pack iAP is free from the start? If so I'll be purchasing now.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    FINALLY got past that first drift going through the gate just as time expires. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to the next drift event.

One suggestion that would help, but may make it different from the console versions, is to have a series of gates to go through while not forcing you I drift exactly on the line. I realize it's not an apples to apples comparison but regardless of the drift mechanics, Asphalt 8's drift events are far more forgiving. Of course, you aren't racing against time there either, which makes it an event based on drifts alone -- not a "drift" time trial.

6. epik5

epik5 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2013
    The game is good, but i find the graphics very choppy on the ipod touch 5 gen. I found choppy filtered graphics in assassins creed pirates also, and thats also on the sims games including the updated game.

Attached Files:

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

But let's not forget the Vita version was in the Instant Game Collection for PS+ subscribers in both the EU and NA these past few months. Free beats everything :p

8. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I'm not sure why some people are saying its "five bucks" for the full game?

The game is £2.99 up front.

The VIP pack is £2.99 but only gives you Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Ulala.

Then there's the £6.99 pack for "Free Races Forever".

Then there's the £6.99 pack for Gum, Amigo, Eggman, Shinobi, etc.

Then there's the £2.99 pack for Metal Sonic and Ralph.

And finally there's the £2.99 pack for Knuckles and Dark Sonic.

So in total that's £25.94 for the entire game. Sure you can grind and unlock things but that's where the ring and star currency comes into play, asking a star to access the "Ultimate mode" and fly round the track for 10 seconds or so.

The game looks and runs superb on iPad 4th Gen though, just wish the actual games were made for iOS rather than honoured in a cart game via themed tracks.

9. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    You can play the World Tour on "Free" Race (easy mode).
    You pay to race with rings for any other difficulty. The rewards are greater than Free (Easy) mode, but you chance losing rings.

I unlocked the $10 unlock all races for free. You still have to beat races to unlock the next challenge, but playing on any other difficulty does not charge rings. You can use those for gambling or buying new characters and upgrades in Championship mode.

If you want all aspects of "paid freemium" gone, then it will cost $15. Pretty much same as Lego Star Wars.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #150 awp69, Jan 2, 2014
    Question: Aside from the obvious IAP route, how do you unlock other characters besides the first 4? I have plenty of rings but if I try to purchase any of them I always get a pop up saying that they can be unlocked by "playing the World Tour". What does that mean? Do I have to complete the entire world tour before I can even use my rings to buy them?

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm finding the IAP a bit confusing so am holding off for now. Having only minor issues progressing and not had to grind. There was one drift event I was stuck on for a while and paid 300 coins to try it on a lower difficulty. I failed and wa la! The game paid back the 300 coins! I haven't tried other difficulties or events to see if basically the difficulties ARE unlocked as paying costs nothing even if you fail.

12. dribblejam

dribblejam Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    Can somebody upload their documents folder? iPhone 5 and up. I want to see if the shader files in that folder will give me better graphics on my iPod touch 5g.

13. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I thought the app was the same no matter what device downloads it. The difference is whether or not the game is coded to run those assets on your device model- in which case you'd have to do a lot more work than adding a resource folder.

Unless assets are downloaded by the app after initial installation (which the app would tell you it's doing) everyone gets the same data. If this weren't the case then the filesize of IB3 on my touch 4G would be massively different than on my 5S and iPad air and it's identical across the board. An app decides dynamically (in process) what assets are appropriate for the device running it, it does not normally download device-specific data (and as I said, if it does it's done post-installation).

I may be wrong, I'm not a developer- I just tinker. But from discussions I've had with devs and playing around myself, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Also, I don't have this game (yet) so maybe it does download assets after installation and I've just wasted everyone's time who bothered to read this! :p

14. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I didn't think this would be out so excited to play buying now. :D:D:D

15. Techead81

Techead81 New Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I think it stinks they didn't add iOS 6 support, I'm not upgrading yet, so they've lost a customer. Will be watching for an update, until then Sega has failed me again.

16. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    How does this run and looks on an iPod 5th?

17. Still on the fence with this one cause of all the inapps and potential for a quick price drop, but AWP69 seems to recommend it, so maybe I'll get it cause I like racing games.

18. dribblejam

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    Decent enough. It has some sort of video filter and it's really annoying though.

19. dribblejam

May 11, 2012
    IBM Employee
    I believe it check your device and adjusts the files necessary. Similar to the way the gta ports do it. Can you just upload it so I can at least try? Thanks:)

20. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Definitely would if I could. On vacation and only have my iPad. Can't access the file system without my laptop.