Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    ...aaaaaaand I'm sad.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Can`t tell you very much about it since it seem that it does require Facebook...

[​IMG]

...and the Game won`t let you play the Multiplayer Mode till you have played through the World Tour...

[​IMG]

...or buy the...

[​IMG]

...to be able to race against your friends straight from the Beginning. (6,49 = $4,99).

3. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    ....mkay. Thanks...

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I guess I can forget about this game.

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Just out of interest: How are the graphics in screenshots compared to the Vita version (as seen below)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Looks interesting but I'm a little confused. Is there an initial price and then an additional $4.99 to unlock everything or is there more.....wait I already think I know the answer

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#47 Habakuk, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Apart from the marketing crap… (Maybe we should sing "Halleluujah" because there are no timers in a paid game.)

It seems way too easy. Sanuku drives really bad (sorry, maybe it's the controls) and wins easily every race (watched two or three races in the middle of the video). Some of the BG music is elevator/shopping center music. The game is too childish for my taste.

Okay, it's Sega. We enjoyed the first All-Stars Racing iOS edition for a certain time because it offers a very good working LOCAL multiplayer but after a while that hysteric comic style is simply… too nerve-shattering for us. :eek: We can bear the Japanese type and sense of humor and action for one hour, maybe two… But then it's too much & over.

Maybe it's addressed to a Kindergarten audience. I'm sure there is a high production value in it.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

A agree with you that...

• ...the Menu are less Blink, Blink then in the Console/PC Build.
    • ...the PlayStation Vita Build does look better but the Tracks are similar as on the PS3, PlayStation Vita & PC.
    • ...some of the Tracks are trimmed down at the current Moment so you most of the time only drive the basic tracks and not those long once where actually the hole track design is changing after the second Round.

...but...

• ..besides that it`s still the same Game.

This of course still doesn`t answer at all why the Game has those strange trimmed down Race Tracks at the current Point.

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Looks better on the Vita. Just played some rounds on my Vita to compare the Game to the iOS Build to get a better feeling for what changes SEGA has added to the Mobile Build so far.

[​IMG]

10. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm getting really nervous about purchasing this game now. And I don't like how the tracks are trimmed down:(

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Typo. >_>

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Watching the video it's so sad to see how SEGA shoehorn their Saturn/Dreamcast classics into novelty titles like this. The Panzer Dragoon track uses the original Saturn games intro music as well as (if memory serves me correct) Stage 3's epic theme. Why not release the actual games instead of teasing us with tidbits of these classics in a kart game.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I've never played any version so I won't be able to compare, but if you truly can play and unlock everything via gameplay for the initial $4.99 price tag, then I still be quite satisfied to get a chance to play the game even if it is a bit neutered. I've only heard great things about it.

14. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    is there arrow or left/rigt touchcontrol in the game or just this poor slidecontrol from the last game?

15. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    5 more hours to wait :(

16. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm waiting for the magic words:

"Best kart racer on iOS."

C'mon - someone who's played it, say it!

17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    But it isn't.

18. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    What is?

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'd be curious to know as well. I'm pretty sure I've tried just about all of them and the original Sonic All Stars Racing is the only one that I've really enjoyed.

20. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    The a Crash Bandicoot (sp?) ones I enjoy as well. The haunted levels evoke Mario Kart and Disney in a good way, IMHO. Shrek Kart was ok but the progression system made me weary.

Really looking forward to this new Sonic racer :)