Universal Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Is this the same as the wii version? 0.0. If so... I'm insta buying the heck out of this. But I don't think those GFX could be on IOS?

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I don't understand what's the problem with the IAP. Is it freemium or any other thing? Also any screenshots? I bought the game in Steam with the Sonic franchise pack, but maybe I'll also buy this version just to have the game on the iPhone.

3. Hmmm, comments here seem not so good with $4.99 game with secondary currency and another full unlock. Hopefully this is not too freemium or going to be.

4. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So to clarify, if I buy this game and pay for the additional unlock, the other IAP's will no longer apply, right? So there's a definite fixed price I can pay in order to make this purely premium?

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    What's bad about it is that to doesn't cost $14.99 to begin with. A game that costs $5 should NOT ask/require more money. It would be better just to have it be $15. Just to be clear, I'm not saying $15 is too much, I think it's very fair, I'm just saying it should have no hidden costs.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Agreed. I wouldn't have cared if it was $14-$15. The way this is set up though seems shaddy.

7. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    The anticipation is killing me. :( this, Feed Me oil2, and Jet Car stunts 2. What a way to start the 2014 IOS gaming year oh and Eternity Warriors 3 that released yesterday!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's apparent from the comments in this thread that everything is unlockable by playing. It costs $8 to unlock everything from the get-go. It's a short-cut IAP. There's content behind a paywall. Why doesn't anyone seem to get that?

9. A paywall doesn't seem much better.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I think there's only been one comment that mentioned that so I guess I wasn't comfortable knowing whether that was true. If it is then this is the bargain of the lifetime.

All I can do is wait and see or hear for more purchasers. Again, I'm getting this either way.

I just was concerned over how the business model was implented for the masses. There's a lot if games where it tells you you can pay to unlock all content. But I would believe that outside of these forums, the vast majority of iOS gamers might take that to mean you do have to pay to unlock everything. I hope Sega makes it clear that the $8.99 IAP is to unlock content "early". Or a lot of people might shell out that $9 without knowing you can get it through gameplay. And, honestly, $8.99 seems awfully high for a shortcut IAP.

Regardless, I'm not complaining for myself. I plan to get this no matter what. I just hope Sega is doing the right thing and not manipulating people into paying more than they need to.

11. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    There you are Sanuku! Games looks fantastic will be Insta buying this.

12. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    how is multiplayer lag? is multiplayer only with facebook possible?

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Looking at Sanuku's video, at the end, that's a hell of a lot of IAPs. So looks like you pay to enter races. Guess it depends on how quickly you earn whatever currency is required to play them.

I also think that spin wheel is really cheesy. I mean you pay for each reel? That's a quick way to waste away your gold.

The gameplay itself does look awesome and I'm going to buy it. Just can't say I like what I see with the IAPs and how much grinding you need to get further into the races.

Oh well, such is the way if the App Store.

Personally, if you are going to this route, I still think a free download and one unlock (even if it is $15) is better. This system just muddles up everything.

14. Yeah, seems to make more sense if it was freemium with an unlock. Just hope it isn't as bad as the inapps make it.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This kind of thinking seems bizarre to me. You pay 5 bucks; if you don't like the game, you are out $5.00. If you do, you pay $10.00 more (or you can grind to unlock everything for free). Seems much better than paying $15 and discovering the game is not your thing. I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with this scheme.

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Actually it`s less shocking then it might seem on the first look. You are earning both currency in the Game with just playing the Game and even if you don`t get 1st,2nd or 3rd the Game is still giving you some Gold Coins so you don`t feel like you had just totally wasted your time.

Since the Console/PC Version is still being sold currently above $10 the $4,99 are total fine. Even if you add the DLC that does give you everything straight from the beginning you might be even still pay less then for the Console Build.

17. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #38 Brrobotix, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Sooo many iaps. I guess it's nice they have a free race iap though, cus I would hate paying for races. It's expensive, but it does look really good... Idk where I stand on this.

That wheel is really dumb btw, or at least the way they use it here is. Pretty sure they have a similar feature in the actual game, but it's either free, or the coins you use for it aren't significant

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    The thing is, it's not the console build. So comparing the prices seems kinda stupid.

It seems great, and relatively faithful to the original. But still, much like dead space for iOS, even though its a great game, the original console game is likely much better.

19. Yay, this has finally released though

Oh wait, iOS 7 only. Screw you Sega